Mariucci for GB HC job??

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kudos go to P@ck. Maybe someone else was 1st but I didn't see it. Early last week he was saying Mooch was going to be canned. It sure is fun to pick on him every once in awhile but sometimes we need to give him credit. After all his is more than just a pretty face.

I think Mooch would be an intriguing choice if he took over as GB HC. I am not sure that he is the best man for the job. I like Bates just a little more for the job.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
How the hell does Matt Millen keep his job. I swear he must have pictures of the entire Ford Family driving Cheveys.

Not only does he get to keep his job, but he just got a 5 year extnsion and a raise before the season started, even though he never had a winning season yet. I wish I'd get a raise for a performance like that.

For as stupid as it is, I don't mind though. As long as Millen is on the job in Detroit, we don't have to worry about them ever taking the division. :D

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
DePack said:
How the hell does Matt Millen keep his job. I swear he must have pictures of the entire Ford Family driving Cheveys.

Not only does he get to keep his job, but he just got a 5 year extnsion and a raise before the season started, even though he never had a winning season yet. I wish I'd get a raise for a performance like that.

For as stupid as it is, I don't mind though. As long as Millen is on the job in Detroit, we don't have to worry about them ever taking the division. :D

Agreed AZ - totally..... Matt Millen does have something on the Owner - OR - the Owner is more senile than everyone in Detroit realizes...

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Muscy-my point exactly. There's a real dislogic there...the guy fails in SF and Detroit and he's the solution to an allegedly failed offense?

Ask the Detroit fans.

One of the real disconnects among the anti-Sherman folks is the alleged rotten offense. These folks don't know what a rotten offense is. Even with virtually no front-line offensive threats anymore, the Packers offense is still ranked 19th in the league, even with their hero, Brett, throwing a league-leading 19 interceptions.(The next closest guy has 13).

So you ashcan Sherman and Rossley and bring in a guy who couldn't produce an offense with three #1 pick wideouts, a strong running back, and a #1 pick QB.

Smart fellers we have here...or is it fart smellers?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty well sums it up, TOP. Short of the record, Mooch lost control of 2 locker rooms. Win or, more specifically, lose.....you have to be able to keep the locker room together. To Mike Sherman's credit, he has done that well.

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you guys get Mariucci, there is no coach in the league that can trash a team like thim!!!

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

:agree: :lol: heard mike & mike trying to figure out this exact same thing this morning - they're clueless as well. i'm guessing they'd enjoy your Chevy idea & laugh their butt's off as well!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen any evidence that Mariucci lost the players in San Francisco. I don't know where that's coming from. Of course T.O. bad-mouthed him, but T.O. bad-mouths everybody. Mariucci's problem in San Francisco was with the front office, and the team has been lousy ever since they fired him. Score one for Mariucci.

I do have my doubts about him, though. He seems like one of those coaches who is better suited to the college game, with his upbeat style and emphasis on building cameraderie. Who knows, maybe there will be an opening at Michigan State. He could be like Pete Carroll--getting bumped from the pros and then having a lot of success with a big-time college program.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I haven't seen any evidence that Mariucci lost the players in San Francisco. I don't know where that's coming from. Of course T.O. bad-mouthed him, but T.O. bad-mouths everybody. Mariucci's problem in San Francisco was with the front office, and the team has been lousy ever since they fired him. Score one for Mariucci.

I do have my doubts about him, though. He seems like one of those coaches who is better suited to the college game, with his upbeat style and emphasis on building cameraderie. Who knows, maybe there will be an opening at Michigan State. He could be like Pete Carroll--getting bumped from the pros and then having a lot of success with a big-time college program.
How about Mooch coaching the Northern Michigan University Wildcats. What the hey their looking for a coach.
After all he did QB them to a National Championship.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
wpr...

(thanks for the props)..i heard Tony "Goose" Siragusa on WFAN..NYC intimate that Marriucci's days were numbered...(He seems to be tight with Millen who said he want's a "rough neck, blue collar type..." Me..I think Millen's an idiot who doesn't have a clue what he's doing...que sera sera...)

net...

i think Walsh the control freak couldn't let Mariucci just coach without his input, and that's why they were pissed at him...(i think Bill Walsh has too high an opinion of himself..or should at least..let go and let others coach..)

Mariucci would be perfect for the Packers...He's friends with Favre (ate Spaghetti with him..or something like that), and would know how to structure an offense around him....Also..Favre and Mooch would have total control in the locker room...respect from the good ol' SB years of '96 and '97...

AND..as was mentioned....

Mooch did well in SF despite declining talent, salary cap, Terrell Owens, and Jeff Garcia....

think of how well he could do with Brett Favre and Co...and a couple of good receivers...!!!!

AND WE WOULD FINALLY BE RID OF THE STENCH OF ROSSLEY..!!!

(no brainer...SherRossley must go... :tables: :beer: :bye: :bang: )

RP..what have they been sayin' about me? Nothin' bad..i hope...

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason Millen still has a job is because WCF is so old and senile. I've never seen a GM be able to go 20 - 55 and still keep his job. But, Ford did give him a 5 year deal so our only hope was to get rid of mariucci. Lions fans are stuck with him because he performs lewinski on old man ford on a nightly basis. How long before bill ford Jr. convinces the old man that millen is not his girlfriend, and that the lions are never going to be any good with him? Probably about this time next year when we are 4 - 7.

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope Mooch comes in here and brings someone to replace Bevell as the QB coach too, he was farve's orignal QB coach when he came to green bay and should find someone good for Rodgers to work with.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do so many of you ignore his lack of success in managing personalities (of which there are many on an NFL team) which is a hugely critical aspect of coaching. Add to that his record, and his widely recognized "soft touch" approach to coaching, and you think he is the guy to right this ship? Unbelieveable!!

You actually think Ted Thompson, undrafted 10 year career in the NFL guy, whose only route to success was excessively hard work, and whom obviously values mental toughness, is a GM that will hire a soft touch coach? Think again.

Quit living in the past and look toward the future. Remember the faithful got their undies in a bundle over Bart Starr and Forrest Gregg? Same **** new decade!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
digs..

Are you talking about SherRossley the stay-puff marshmallow man being the "soft touch"...?

that would make sense...

What is unbelievable is where you get this stuff from...where did you hear Mariucci was a soft touch? Steven A. Smith..?? ESPN..??

i wonder where people get this stuff...

a rumor gets started on some bulletin board and people repeat it like it's gospel....AMAZING!!

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Will tell you from watching him in detroit the last 2 1/2 years that mariucci is soft. No one is held accountable for anything. That is also in my opinion why the young recievers didn't develope like they should have. They needed a coach to whip them in to shape and make them accountable, not old blue skies mariucci. It got so bad at one time that millen came into practice and was yelling at players. Don't get me wrong, i hate millen, but at least he tried to bring the discipline to this team that mooch refused to.

Members online

Latest posts