Mariucci for GB HC job??

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steve Mariucci just got fired from Detriot. The only question about how long he'll be out of work is how long does he want off.

Should TT fire Sherman and hire Mariucci now?

GB's season is lost, so adding the complication of a coaching change during the season doesn't mean much.

Mooch is a proven coach who stepped into a difficult situation. Wolf believes that Favre will retire before playing for another coach, but the option of changing to his former QB coach was never presented. Mariucci as HC would mean that Favre doesn't have to learn a new offense, just step into Mooch's style.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO, NO, NO, NO, NO....Steve Marriucci, for all his success in GB, has SUCKED as a head coach because he is soft on discipline and regimen. He has allowed 2 locker rooms to fracture under his tenure which is a direct indication of his inability to lead and manage.

What is it with people's love affair with ANYONe who might have spent time in GB?

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, Mooch lost control of the 49'ers and was hated by the front office, and he produced squat in De-toilet.

I don't think he could produce anymore in Green Bay.

TT might be tempted to ashcan Sherman to keep Brett Favre one more year, but in the long-term, is Mooch the right guy?

I'm more concerned about the problems in SF than Detroit.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only if you want play calling directly from the book "coaching professional football for dummies."

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Should TT fire Sherman and hire Mariucci now?

GB's season is lost, so adding the complication of a coaching change during the season doesn't mean much.

Why on earth would you do that in mid-season? How stupid. Do you have any idea how much preparation and things coaches need to do before a season begins and you suggest that we should switch in the middle of a season? You can't be serious!

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we could hire him as an assistant at best. i dont wan thim to be our head coach and i believe 98% of you will agree.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tkpckfan said:
i think we could hire him as an assistant at best. i dont wan thim to be our head coach and i believe 98% of you will agree.

Absolutely. He was the QB coach for a couple years right?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rabid..

cause we got a couple of MORON's as offensive coaches now...

(or the two-headed beast known as "SHERROSSLEY"...)

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tkpckfan said:

a high profile OC would be great...

call me crazy, but if Mike Martz can't find a head coaching job...him...he sucks at managing a game, but is great with offenses

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring him aboard and send Sherman outta town! The Packers continue to fail in all aspects of the game that take quality control......... That all points to Sherman. Can this clown make an adjustment at the half? Apparently not!!!!!!!!!!!

Name a new road........... Mike Sherman Ave. One way out of Green Bay.

OP
OP
B

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look, the problems with this team all year have been on the offensive side of the ball. Not only does Sherman struggle in managing a game, he also struggles with play-calling. Add to that Rossley's lack of creative offensive design and not being able to make adjustments when necessary, we've got a major problem.

The defense absolutely stunk last year. This year they have played very well and kept us close -- while having to carry the load throughout the second half in most games. The major change in the offseason was a new DC.

Maybe the necessary change now isn't at HC, but rather at OC. As for the locker room problems at San Fran, does anyone think TO wasn't the major issue there?? Heck, TO's pushed issues in Philly which has a strong locker room and excellent coach.

As for my attachment to former Packer coaches, it's actually an attachment to Favre. I truly believe that Brett will retire if Sherman is fired and a new HC with a new offensive scheme comes in. So if the major change of firing Sherman is to happen, then we need to replace him with someone that Brett is comfortable with or he's gone. Favre is playing similar to his early years - he's more mobile than ever. I'm not ready for GB football without Brett, and unless you're ready for multiple losing seasons, you shouldn't be ready either.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't understand where some ppl are coming from...

They hate MS cause he can't manage a team, offense sucks, whatever, then they want Mooch in here. Detroit's offense sure has flourished since he arrived! :roll:

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
How the hell does Matt Millen keep his job. I swear he must have pictures of the entire Ford Family driving Cheveys.

they are such an incomplete team...and if you use 3 firsts in a row on recievers...that will happen...they have decent pieces of the offensive line (backus), but are not a whole unit, some standout players on defense (kennedy, bly, etc.) but are not a whole unit...matt millen, whitehall, pa native, is not of NFL GM caliber

OP
OP
B

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
I just don't understand where some ppl are coming from...

They hate MS cause he can't manage a team, offense sucks, whatever, then they want Mooch in here. Detroit's offense sure has flourished since he arrived! :roll:

There's obviously a major difference to having Harrington run the show versus Favre!! Mooch was able to produce a strong offense in San Fran with Garcia, a step above Harrington but far below Favre.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No surprise that mooch is gone in detroit. At least in the packers losing ways, hope is still high. Can Mooch make a difference in GB? He made no difference in Detroit or San Francisco.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what will become of mariucci?

philadelphia OC brad childress will deservingly get a head coaching job, and with Owens gone, mariucci takes control of the offense in philly

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to hope that Mooch would some day become Packer Head Coach (him being a fellow Yooper and all) but after seeing what has
happened in Detroit- no thanks.
As Offensive Coordinator, perhaps but I wasn't all that impressed with Detroits offensive scheme.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like Marriucci as Offensive Coordinator and hold moving him up to HC over Sherman's head.

I think he will be a leading candidate in Baltimore, Houston, somewhere else. He still gets paid for 2 years. Steve will be fine.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would snap up Marriucci so fast everyone's heads would be spinning. He is perfect for this job in Green Bay. He knows the game, has a good rep with players, and he can take a pretty average team and make them play better. You cannot blame what has happened in Detroit on him, that's Matt Millans mess. Sherman the coaches problem is that Sherman the GM provided himself with this incredible lack of talent. Hire Steve today.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In San Francisco Mariucci inherited a team that was sliding into salary cap hell. He kept them competitive for a couple years. In Detroit, the situation was hopeless from the get-go thanks to a bad GM and a young QB who just hasn't panned out. Their O-line stinks, Backus included (and he was a mid first round draft choice).

If Thompson decides on a coaching change after this season, Mariucci should be high on his list of candidates.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
How the hell does Matt Millen keep his job. I swear he must have pictures of the entire Ford Family driving Cheveys.

OUTSTANDING - great comment - I hope Matt Millen reads this..... Hey Big3 - send MM an email with this link....

First off - Brett certainly will retire if MS goes by the way side. Count on it.
No. 2 - Mariucci didn't have all that much to say with who got picked in the Draft - that was "ALL" Matt Millen - the article states it outright. I get the impression that Detroit fans are scared to speak out against this GM - can't tell fer sure why.. but, you hardly ever see anyone findin' fault with this guy... even Big3 avoids it... is it programming on the boobtube, every (what) 17th frame on the film?

Like I said before - you keep changing the same thing over and over hoping for different results - that's "insanity"..... next time Big3 - try firing the GM.. seems to work pretty well on other NFL Teams.... You might have those different results you're lookin' fer....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts