Mario Vs Hawk debate with some new information

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As soon as I saw the stats for Mario Williams..... I was hooked!
I had visions of him learning the arm-sweep Reggie White was famous for....

Williams will most likely be compared to Julius Peppers (whom I've always wanted to see in a Packer's uniform, anyway) and Reggie White until he bombs like a Tony Mandarich - we're right on the edge of that fork in the road, right now.

This chatter about how fast he can run the 40 yard dash, etc., is great fun, but it doesn't tell me the intangibles... it doesn't tell me if he will be able to mow over a Mark Tauscher, or a Chad Clifton. It doesn't tell me if he can spin past a Bubba Franks type blocking Tight-End...

Certainly I pay attention to how many times they lift 225; heck, on a good day if I can do it 8 times, I'm a happy camper and I'm gonna be 52 this year, weighing in at 180. You always want to know they can man-handle the opponents and take-over a game.

Let's hope TT can find a second choice of a Mario Williams type out there, pending Houston, or the Jets change their minds on the current fav line of thought for their needs. (Tennessee, as well, for that matter)

I always think back to the Baltimore Ravens winning the SuperBowl with that former Tampa Bay QB, Trent Dilfer, running the Offense - we all knew it was their Defense which won that game - they had NO offense....:!:

If Green Bay (and TT) can re-energize the "Sherman-ignored" Defense, this year, then we're on track to be in the NFC Championship game by year three of McCarthy's contract..... maybe sooner :cross:

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
You're right on Mario possibly being gone before the Pack pick but no way will Young drop to #24 in this year's draft...no way.

I read recently that Oakland would probably take Young at #7 if he is available, but that if Oakland doesn't take him, then there could be a Rodgers-like slide.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
im happy that its 99% certain that we'll get mario or hawk...and both will help us

In the Longwell thread you said you were a Vikings' fan. So who are you referring to when you say, "we'll" and "us"? Your smacks of switch hitting are a little confusing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts