Marcus Davenport

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Bruh. With Aaron Rodgers pre-injury we were averaging a touch over 27 ppg. That would've ranked 5th in the league. There are certainly some areas that need addressing, but our defense is CLEARLY the bigger issue.

In the mean time, can we please try to stay on thread topic? Thanks.

I am "on topic"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm having flashbacks to last year and every conversation quickly devolving into incessant arguments about why everyone must love Charles Harris and no one else.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm having flashbacks to last year and every conversation quickly devolving into incessant arguments about why everyone must love Charles Harris and no one else.

Perhaps I must find the ignore button so I don't participate in such foolishness.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

If we would of traded up for Harris we wouldn't be in the situation at edge rusher were in now. ;)

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Again, in a thread ABOUT Davenport, how is a random mock draft with the Packers taking Sutton staying on topic?

The only reason this thread came up is because Mel Kiper mocked Davenport to us so it created some buzz. I absolutely hate the pick at 14 and simply voiced my opinion and then you demand film links etc etc. Then "Dante" says I am one poster "infatuated with Sutton" so I supplied a post of a mock draft with 13k views that has us taking Sutton and all the sudden I'm "off topic". We dont have to agree on everything but geez.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Again, in a thread ABOUT Davenport, how is a random mock draft with the Packers taking Sutton staying on topic?

Also FYI, Walter Football had Davenport mocked to us 2 weeks ago. Already did my research then.

Kiper is a hack.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rank em

1. Tremaine Edmunds
2. R. Smith - most likely gone.
3. M. Davenport - most raw of the 5
4. Landry - injury risk poor against the run.
5. A. Key - too much risk. Would have to sit down with him and his coaches to see where hi head is at. If I thought he checked out emotionally/maturity he is clearly #1. But seems unlikely from my armchair.

Think there is a chance each of these guys are there for us at 14. I think they are all possibilities. Who will help the pack the most? All are mocked to us.

Edmunds is my favorite. He is only 20 and will still grow a bit. He is already a terror. May be the aggressive "mood setter" this defense needs. Non stop motor and fearless.

Should help with pass rush, run defense and passes in the middle. All areas we need help.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
No, it was Kiper and Walter Football. Believe me, I know. I started the thread and noted both. ;)

Right. As I posted Walter Football actually had Davenport mocked to us a couple weeks ago. Kiper then jumped on board recently.

I just think it's time to go offense at this stage with premium capital. Nelson is gonna be 33 and Cobb is just okay. We have a deficiency at TE and late round picks rounding out RB position. The offense is depleted. If Adams were to get hurt we could be in Big trouble and things could stall.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rank em

1. Tremaine Edmunds
5. A. Key - too much risk. Would have to sit down with him and his coaches to see where hi head is at. If I thought he checked out emotionally/maturity he is clearly #1. But seems unlikely from my armchair.

Think there is a chance each of these guys are there for us at 14. I think they are all possibilities. Who will help the pack the most? All are mocked to us.

Edmunds is my favorite. He is only 20 and will still grow a bit. He is already a terror. May be the aggressive "mood setter" this defense needs. Non stop motor and fearless.

Should help with pass rush, run defense and passes in the middle. All areas we need help.

1) Smith
2) Edmunds
3) Davenport
4) Landry
5) Key

Although I think depending on who is available, a CB would be a fine pick too.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Smith
2) Edmunds
3) Davenport
4) Landry
5) Key

Although I think depending on who is available, a CB would be a fine pick too.
Yeah, wanted to stay on topic by keeping it to LBs.

Josh Jackson or ward. Maybe Davis or Derwin. But maybe Fitzpatrick is there, stranger things have happened.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Rank em

1. Tremaine Edmunds

So, where are you going to play Edmunds? He played ILB and that looks like his natural position. I don't see that as the most obvious need. I suppose 4-3 OLB would be a possibility, but I don't see him as an edge rusher without him learning a whole other skill set. I'd also want to see his 40 time if you're going to play him off the line. I see quick, but not much opportunity to demonstrate speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So, where are you going to play Edmunds? He played ILB and that looks like his natural position. I don't see that as the most obvious need. I suppose 4-3 OLB would be a possibility, but I don't see him as an edge rusher without him learning a whole other skill set. I'd also want to see his 40 time if you're going to play him off the line. I see quick, but not much opportunity to demonstrate speed.

I would think less in terms of his position in a base defense and more about his skill set. He can obviously play the traditionally ILB role against the run. He’s also an explosive closer as a blitzer, can cover backs and tight ends, and has skills to moonlight as an edge rusher. Positions aside, I’m not sure we have that on the roster.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Davenport reminds me a bit of Chandler Jones with those long arms.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

I would think less in terms of his position in a base defense and more about his skill set. He can obviously play the traditionally ILB role against the run. He’s also an explosive closer as a blitzer, can cover backs and tight ends, and has skills to moonlight as an edge rusher. Positions aside, I’m not sure we have that on the roster.
I'm uncertain as to Edmund's ability to cover NFL backs and TEs. The plays I see him making in coverage are ILB middle drops in zone. And frankly, I didn't see much closing speed on the pass rush. I saw him getting hung up in traffic and with second effort to the QB.

He looks like an attacking ILB to me. I'll wait for the Combine numbers to come in. I'm not interested in spending a #14 on a guy playing off the line who can't run at least 4.60.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm uncertain as to his ability to cover NFL backs and TEs. The plays I see him making in coverage is ILB middle drop in zone. And frankly, I didn't see much closing on the pass rush. I saw him getting hung up in traffic and with second effort to the QB.

He looks like an attacking ILB to me. I'll wait for the Combine numbers to come in. I'm not interested in spending a #14 on a guy playing off the line who can't run at least 4.60.

He isn't gonna run under 4.6.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm uncertain as to his ability to cover NFL backs and TEs. The plays I see him making in coverage are ILB middle drops in zone. And frankly, I didn't see much closing speed on the pass rush. I saw him getting hung up in traffic and with second effort to the QB.

If I get around to finding any examples to the contrary, I will post them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts