Marco Rivera cut.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT was a fool to let him walk. A FOOL!

He's too old, too injury-prone, for too much money. No thanks.

Colledge and Spitz are already better than he is.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only if he's going to retire...bring him back for a day so he can retire a Packer. The days of Flanigan, Wahle, Rivera, Clifton, and Tauscher...man, that running game was awesome!

Tileman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loved Marco when he was here, total STUD. But he was a shell of himself as a Cowboy, nagging back injury really hampered his play. He didn't come close to living up to his price tag. TT made the correct call on this one IMO.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they cut him? lol

how the mighty have fallen.

he'll wipe his tears with his millions of dollars im sure. he was a good guy.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marco was cut today. Do we even need him? Want him?
He's done. His days as a Cowboy proved that.
He was great when he was here, but he was a physical wreck, and TT knew it.
Maybe TT is such a dork after all.
How many people would be screaming now had TT spent all that money to keep him here? But man, when he was allowed to leave here, alot of people were screaming what an idiot TT was for letting him go.
I think Green will also prove TT knows a LITTLE about what he's doing.
I love Green, but his time as a great back was done in my opinion.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loved Marco when he was here, total STUD. But he was a shell of himself as a Cowboy, nagging back injury really hampered his play. He didn't come close to living up to his price tag. TT made the correct call on this one IMO.

That is due to happen to a former Packer when they leave the team.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was sorry to see him leave (b/c his is a nice guy and a hard worker) but knew that he was not going to be worth the money Dallas gave him.
I hope he saved some of that cash to pay for all his medical bills and therapy that he will need for the rest of his life. :cane:

Reaction score
I feel bad for Marco, he was a great player and I won't hold it against him for going after the last big payday.

Certainly is a nice guy that deserved better than this. I'd have liked it if he was able to leave on his own terms, but unfortunately such is the NFL.

Realistically, I think Marco is one guy that can make the transition into coaching, and I'd like to see him become an O-line coach as long as it isn't with another team in the NFC.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could still see a team signing him as a veteran backup assuming he could rebound from his injuries and still play relatively well despite his recent injuries. The deal probably wouldn't be for more than a year or two though for not much more than the veterans minimum. That's assuming he even wants to come back and play again.

You could tell even in his final year as a Packer he had lost a step or two. In his prime, he was as good as any guard in the league, but at this point he's nowhere near the guard he once was. Great guy though that I'd love to see sign a one day contract and retire a Packer.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll retire. He has a lot of injury problems. He is one of the few "old school" lineman left in the game. He has to many bumps and bruises to keep playing. I think he's done and truth be told he never got off on the right foot in Dallas anyways. So the Packers in away, lucked out in not giving him a long term deal.

Latest posts