Marc Schiechl (DE/OLB, Colorado School of Mines)

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's take a break from looking at some of the bigger name prospects in this draft class and look at someone that probably none of us have heard of before.

Marc Schiechl was a defensive end at Colorado School of Mines, a Division II program. He holds the Division II record with 46 career sacks, and he's 4th all-time with 70.5 career tackles for loss. He played in 47 games in his career, starting in 37 of them. He measures in at 6' 2.5" and 251 lbs.

Now onto his pro day measurements and how they compare to the top combine performers:
40-yard dash: 4.64 s (would have been 6th among LBs and 3rd among DEs)
Bench press: 38 reps (tied for 2nd among all positions at combine, only beaten by Stephen Paea)
Vertical: 35" (9th among LBs, 6th among DEs)
Broad Jump: 10' 5" (tied for 2nd among LBs, 2nd among DEs)
He was also put through drills at linebacker and reportedly "looked terrific."

The Packers were actually in attendance for his workout, so I'm not just throwing a random name out there. He's going to get another chance to show what he's got at Air Force's pro day next week, so I'll try to check back on him then.

OP
OP
Big E

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and here's where I heard about him: Pro-Day 3/10: Wrap-Up They talk about him near the bottom.

Also, here's some highlights of him from his junior year. He's number 94.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PdK1PsafbA"]YouTube - Marc Schiechl Junior Year Highlights[/ame]

Here are some highlights from his 13.5-sack freshman season:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjBesh9ID2A"]YouTube - Marc Schiechl Football Highlight Freshman Year of College @ Colorado School of Mines[/ame]

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he seems to have pretty decent lateral movement, however those videos show some awful OTs and a couple very bad OGs that make him look very good. His speed when he gets a few steps in is very good. If the scouts saw fit to have the Pack there to watch him then clearly they see him as a chance to own the weak side we need.

OP
OP
Big E

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, my guess is he probably won't be drafted, but we could always sign him as an undrafted free agent (provided the lockout ever ends). He attended the Air Force pro day on Monday, but I'm having trouble finding out how he did. However, his teammate Blaine Sumner reportedly put up 52 reps of 225 at the pro day. Ridiculous!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, my guess is he probably won't be drafted, but we could always sign him as an undrafted free agent (provided the lockout ever ends). He attended the Air Force pro day on Monday, but I'm having trouble finding out how he did. However, his teammate Blaine Sumner reportedly put up 52 reps of 225 at the pro day. Ridiculous!
I've read that. Actually, he did that at the Air Force pro day. He did 55, but 3 were disqualified.

NFL pro day news on Cam Newton, Da'Quan Bowers, Nick Fairley, more - NFL - SI.com

OP
OP
Big E

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I was trying to say that he did that at the Air Force pro day. Guess I wasn't clear enough.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had to read which school he went to several times and then still was confused lol. They have a football team? Thats a college? Wait waaaah?

but these are the types of players I love. This screams gem in the rough.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts