Marc Boreigter turning heads in camp.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Boerigter. When he played in the CFL you just knew he was going to be heading south sooner than later, and not coming back.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a veteran WR, who has very good size, and good hands. He'll be a nice target for Favre. It looks like Ferguson may be on his way out, b/c we will be keeping Driver, jennings, Gardner, and Boreigter are keepers.

Reaction score
I've said before that Boerigter could be a dark-horse in the WR race. As jdlax said, he showed some quality stuff in the NFL. He has speed, size, and the smarts to catch the ball when you throw it to him. Drett will love this guy if for no other reason than having a passion for football. He is a solid guy.

Drich, I am not sure we should be dismissing Freggy so soon. I believe the Packers will give Ferggy another year and will keep 6 WR's on the roster. Ferggy has some amazing tools, and he has potential. He plays on ST, so that causes him to get banged up more than normal, but if he is healthy than I believe he can really contribute. Something tells me people counting Ferggy out is going to give him more motivation to come back after the terrible season he had last year.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boerigter wants to play.
It's not like Gardner is showing anything. He is not there.
Ferguson should be good for his typical 300+ yards and a 2 million plus price tag.
Jennings should be getting the foundation of his career set.
With Driver they should be the 5 WR's. I don't see them carrying 6 on the active roster.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
Boerigter wants to play.
It's not like Gardner is showing anything. He is not there.
Ferguson should be good for his typical 300+ yards and a 2 million plus price tag.
Jennings should be getting the foundation of his career set.
With Driver they should be the 5 WR's. I don't see them carrying 6 on the active roster.

His foundation? Whoa easy on the yank!! Let the man get a season under his belt first lol

Cheesehead4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO Gardeners gone, I hope we cut him. He's doing the same things he did in Washington being a lazy lathargic reciever. With Boe and Jennings having a good off season I really see no need to keep him.

MyPrediction 40-50 catches 500 yards and 5+ TD's

if he does this it will be great for GB

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm being a little pessmistic here, but it concerns me if Marc Boreighter is standing out among this corp of receivers.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why would it concern you? just because he wasn't very highly touted before he signed on? give him a chance. while i don't think it's good to count your chickens before they hatch, we should be happy that he's doing well. on the other hand, i don't believe i have ever counted chickens, whether they have already hatched or not...

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it should concern you that hes one of the only ones there! lol.

of course hes gonna stand out when his competition is Cheesey and DePack..lol.

Reaction score
Trom, don't underestimate Boerigter. He has got some sick tools, but above all he is a humble man. IMO, he turned heads in the CFL for a reason. He just needs a fair shot to prove his worth, and I think he is getting it here. And now we are all seeing the results. :)

BTW - did you hear about cheesy being mistaken for a girl @ camp? Apparently some players tried to hit on him as he was running laps, as they saw his long blonde hair blowing in the wind. They kat called at him, and when he turned around... well the players were a little upset. I hear they had to take a leave of absence to avoid embarassment... that explains the 14 missing players. :p

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not underestimating...I STARTED THIS THREAD, Mr. Lock!

I think(I always did, before we signed him) that he is a solid WR who can do some specific things really well, and he fits in with our 'big WR' scheme with an emphasis on route running.

But at the same time, his competition is like...Jennings and Cory "Whatchu say 'bout my mama?" Rodgers.

Should keep an eye on him though.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed trom, what worries me is all the missing players. i know its 'voluntary', but when i was playing ball in high school, every single player on my team went to every single 'voluntary' practice and voluntary weight lifting session during every off-season... if you can expect HS kids to do that, you'd think that millionaire pros could be expected to do the same, especially when there is a new coach and a new system to learn. i'm not going to jump to conclusions on the reasons for players missing, but i hope they're good.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
agreed trom, what worries me is all the missing players. i know its 'voluntary', but when i was playing ball in high school, every single player on my team went to every single 'voluntary' practice and voluntary weight lifting session during every off-season... if you can expect HS kids to do that, you'd think that millionaire pros could be expected to do the same, especially when there is a new coach and a new system to learn. i'm not going to jump to conclusions on the reasons for players missing, but i hope they're good.

Completely disagree. Big difference between NFL and High School. NFL you do it for a living and your already set. High School you do it because you love it and you want to work at a scholarship and possibly try and make a living. Once you have or in this are something (an NFL player) you take it for granted which some of the players are doing.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Once you have or in this are something (an NFL player) you take it for granted which some of the players are doing.

Which often (unfortunately) results in players showing up out of shape, overweight and generally not ready for TC or the season opener.

Lets all hope the no-shows are temporary, and the majority, if not all of them, have just cause for not attending.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Cheesehead4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
I'm being a little pessmistic here, but it concerns me if Marc Boreighter is standing out among this corp of receivers.

Theres only negativity towards him because of his lack of production in KC, but if it were not for injuries he would have produced consistantly.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts