Marc Boerigter

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Marc Boerigter scored 8 TD's his rookie season.

What the hell happened after that? He hasn't scored since.

Correction. He returned a kickoff for a TD in 2003.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
didnt he get hurt or something? I think he missed at least 1 year of action, not sure. Go google yourself, Zero, hook us up with info.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that year. He played a lot of TE...He was a scoring machine at TE, that year for KC.

Any chance he'll see some time/plays there with us?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MajicMan said:
I remember that year. He played a lot of TE...He was a scoring machine at TE, that year for KC.

Any chance he'll see some time/plays there with us?

You never know, maybe they will give him a shot there. Or maybe he WILL be a decent WR. (I HOPE!)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
He's good in Madden.

"Ther he wuz! Dow the feeled! BOOM!!!! Farv foun him in da cleer! That Farv! Hez da bes QB ta ever play! I LUV Brit Farv!" (In Madden's voice!) :lol:

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a good example of not being in the right system. Vermeil liked 'em scat-back fast. Mark B. isn't slow, but he isn't the prototype Vermeil end, either.
He IS the prototype WCO receiver, ala Mike McCarthy. If you recall, Jerry Rice wasn't the league's fastest receiver, just the most productive.

I would be surprised if he was cut. He could go if TT wants to keep both Rodgers and Jennings.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
net said:
He's a good example of not being in the right system. Vermeil liked 'em scat-back fast. Mark B. isn't slow, but he isn't the prototype Vermeil end, either.
He IS the prototype WCO receiver, ala Mike McCarthy. If you recall, Jerry Rice wasn't the league's fastest receiver, just the most productive.

I would be surprised if he was cut. He could go if TT wants to keep both Rodgers and Jennings.

Rice wasn't the fastest, correct, but if you're implying he was slow or not fast you are sadly mistaken. Speed was his biggest asset right behind his hands which he attributes were so 'soft' due to catching bricks for his father who was a mason. I can validate that with personal experience. I used to tend for my father who is a mason and catching bricks makes you learn to catch with your hands REALLY quick lol

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember reading the reason why Boerigter attracted some attention as a free agent was because he was fast. I think he ran a 4.3 or a 4.4 or something at the combine, but his speed was in question after his injury.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
subin said:
I remember reading the reason why Boerigter attracted some attention as a free agent was because he was fast. I think he ran a 4.3 or a 4.4 or something at the combine, but his speed was in question after his injury.

Do you know what injury he sustained?

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing Boerigter will make the roster if Favre has anything to say about it. All I read about minicamps had the Favre/Boerigter connection working pretty well. And from what I've seen, once Brett feels comfortable with a receiver he'll go to him often. Something he hasn't ever done with someone like Ferguson.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
subin said:

Do you know what injury he sustained?

Got this from JSOnline:

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Boerigter ran an impressive 4.47-second 40-yard dash during a 2000 pre-draft workout, and in a workout last week with the Packers showed no effects of a torn anterior cruciate ligament he suffered in his right knee during the 2004 season.

Members online

Latest posts