Manuel

gbfan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sucks. He is absolutely terrible in coverage. WHen Woodson slipped and Holt made the catch in packer territory manuel looked like a clown. Why hasnt Culver gotten a chance to play more? He cant be any worse than #22.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gbfan4 said:
Sucks. He is absolutely terrible in coverage. WHen Woodson slipped and Holt made the catch in packer territory manuel looked like a clown. Why hasnt Culver gotten a chance to play more? He cant be any worse than #22.

I agree. Put Culver in there. For one, he can't be any worse. For another, he needs playing time. I don't want to see Manuel next year in a Packer uniform.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on that big play by fisher their sould have been a flag on that play.

i guess the rams got a luckey break.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
on that big play by fisher their sould have been a flag on that play.

i guess the rams got a luckey break.

I agree. The refs were awful today. As many mistakes the Rams made there were more that were uncalled.

None the less GB had a chance to win the game and they blew it. No excuses. Pack gave this one away on their own. The refs didn't take it.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll just be another guy in the "Yes" column of the "Marquand Manuel is trash" voting. I agree with all of you, just awful.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
I'll just be another guy in the "Yes" column of the "Marquand Manuel is trash" voting. I agree with all of you, just awful.

I have been saying it since the first day he was rumored to be on TT's short list of free agents he was interested in.

He is every bit as bad in coverage as I thought and even weaker in run support -- unless the guy stays right in front of him.

He was a terrible free agent signing and a downgrade who is costing this team greatly each week.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes Bruce, I remember you saying from the beginning that Manuel was a bad signing. I had no opinion, as I was unfamiliar with him, but I never expected him to be so slow. He looks like he's running in wet cement out there. It's painful to watch.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Yes Bruce, I remember you saying from the beginning that Manuel was a bad signing. I had no opinion, as I was unfamiliar with him, but I never expected him to be so slow. He looks like he's running in wet cement out there. It's painful to watch.

Then let me ask this question: A Carrol at Safety??? He was fast and good tackler. Maybe they didn't think that he could pick up the position.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Greg C. said:

Then let me ask this question: A Carrol at Safety??? He was fast and good tackler. Maybe they didn't think that he could pick up the position.

Carroll's biggest problems were with positioning, reading the play and playing in space. These are keys to being a good safety. Add his height to the equation and it's obvious why he was never tried at safety.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
kmac said:

I have been saying it since the first day he was rumored to be on TT's short list of free agents he was interested in.

He is every bit as bad in coverage as I thought and even weaker in run support -- unless the guy stays right in front of him.

He was a terrible free agent signing and a downgrade who is costing this team greatly each week.

Bruce I was right with you. Of course we got ripped for being too negative, but people should go back and read those posts and man up.

I also thought about Carroll at safety. I'm sure TT and MM thought about that and figured it wouldn't work. Please, oh God , please don't jump my ****. I am not ripping either, it is a compliment. I'm sure they looked into it.

Kmac you are correct there aren't many that small but Bob Sanders is 5'8" I think and he's done allright in Indy, but he is an exception.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
kmac said:
I don't know about you, but I haven't seen to many 5'9 starting safeties in the NFL

Bob Sanders anyone (although he's only 5'8")?

As I stated above, Carroll's mismatch as a safety is about more than just his height.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, height is not the reason why he can't play safety but kmac was asking for an example of short safeties in the NFL and Bob Sanders is one (and a pretty good one).

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
I agree, height is not the reason why he can't play safety but kmac was asking for an example of short safeties in the NFL and Bob Sanders is one (and a pretty good one).

That's fine. It's just tiring to read such suggestions over and over again. Carroll's short comings at CB are a perfect example of why he'd be even worse at safety!

If we're going to talk about moving players to new positions, then I propose moving Manuel to LB. He doesn't have the speed to play safety and he's best against the run. Sounds like a LB to me. The problem here is that he'd most likely be a backup LB at best on this team, which is definitely not fitting of that ridiculous contract he signed.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
TOPackerFan said:

That's fine. It's just tiring to read such suggestions over and over again. Carroll's short comings at CB are a perfect example of why he'd be even worse at safety!

If we're going to talk about moving players to new positions, then I propose moving Manuel to LB. He doesn't have the speed to play safety and he's best against the run. Sounds like a LB to me. The problem here is that he'd most likely be a backup LB at best on this team, which is definitely not fitting of that ridiculous contract he signed.

I had that same thought, but dismissed it for the same reason. My only defense of Manuel (and it's not a very enthusiastic one) is that he replaced Roman in order to strengthen the run defense, and the run defense HAS improved. But the pass defense has declined, and more importantly, so has the overall defense. Maybe Thompson thought that the other DB's were good enough to make up for Manuel's slowness in pass coverage. But they aren't.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
[quote="Bobby Roberts":1k935p1u]
TOPackerFan said:

I had that same thought, but dismissed it for the same reason. My only defense of Manuel (and it's not a very enthusiastic one) is that he replaced Roman in order to strengthen the run defense, and the run defense HAS improved. But the pass defense has declined, and more importantly, so has the overall defense. Maybe Thompson thought that the other DB's were good enough to make up for Manuel's slowness in pass coverage. But they aren't.[/quote:1k935p1u]

The run defense is better because of improved play from the DL and LBs, not because of Manuel. You may be right on TT's intentions, but that is not how it has played out. Now we're just waiting to see how long it takes everyone to realize that and fix the problem.

Members online

Latest posts