1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Manuel finally takes the field

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by yooperfan, Aug 15, 2006.

1. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Manuel finally practiced Monday.
    Hopefully he will be giving the secondary a big lift and he and Collins will establish a special saftey tandem.

2. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think they will. Nick Collins is my favorite player on the Packers and Manuel plays similarly. Hard hitters is the way to go. I think they'll be special.

3. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I really like the potential on our defense and they were very good last year. I think they were near the top in pass defense but that was partially because teams ran up the middle on us because no one stopped them.

4. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Manuel and Collins have lots of potential at the safety position and both are very physical, hard hitting safeties.

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Manuel will help a lot in the running game but struggles against the pass. I'm sure most will bash him because he won't get 5 INT's a year but if he improves the run defense, he's worth the signing.

Collins on the other hand is more of a playmaker. He needs to step up this year and progress into a guy that can make an INT.

6. lineman

lineman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the potential collins has, remember the cincinati game last year? He did an amazing job on chad johnson.