1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Man behind rare Packers photo dies

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

I didn't know Lombardi and Lambeau didn't get along.

2. favre95

favre95 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +34
    From what I understand. Lambeau really wanted nothing to do with the Packers about the time Lombardi came in to town. I am not sure, but I think the fallout had to do with Lombardi getting picked as coach or wanting full control...or something of that sort....I think!

His family(lambeau) was the one that gave the OK to name the stadium after Curly.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Where the blazes is PWT when ya need'em?!!?!?!?

4. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    If you recall when Holmgren left there were some raw feelings between him and Packers management.

Imagine when the founder of your team and legendary coach essentially tells the team to take a hike, he's leaving for greener pastures(like your opponents).

Then on top of it, factor in Lambeau's desire for carousing.

Putting it in that context, you can see how a man driven by his faith, respect for duty and generally straight-laced as Vince Lombardi wouldn't see eye-to-eye with Lambeau.

Lee Remmel probably had a birds-eye view of this, might be worth a question to him in the Packer Historian chats.