Making the Jump

D

Deleted member 6794

Out of these people, the "keepers" after this season will be: Lacy, Bakhtiari, Bostick, Hyde, and Datone Jones.

The ones I hope do well that weren't included in this list are: Franklin, Banjo, Boyd, Harris and Mulumba.

I just don't see any receiver doing well on this roster even though they do have potential (AKA players like Harper and White)

Right now there are three other TEs on the roster more talented than Bostick and not having been able to practice during the offseason hasn´t helped his cause. I´m worried about Franklin´s neck injury, Banjo and Mulumba will have a hard time even making the 53.

I agree about the receivers, there are a maximum of two roster spots available at the position, and normally the fifth and sixth guy on the depth chart don´t play a ton of snaps.

OP
OP
TJV

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Tyler Dunne had a blog entry yesterday.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Tyler Dunne had a blog entry yesterday titled, “Who will make the second year jump for Packers?” He calls Datone “the obvious first candidate”. Chris Harper is next. Dunne writes he’s off to a good start, he's big enough to box out CBs and has had a lot of catches during 11 on 11 periods. McCarthy calls him, a “very talented, powerful, young player.” Tretter is next and then Barrington. Here’s the link: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/packers.html

Read that article as well. Tretter is the obvious choice as the starting center job will be his to lose, Datone has to live up to being a first round pick. I would be excited if Barrington could make a jump and grab a starting spot at ILB.

Reaction score
Right now there are three other TEs on the roster more talented than Bostick and not having been able to practice during the offseason hasn´t helped his cause. I´m worried about Franklin´s neck injury, Banjo and Mulumba will have a hard time even making the 53.

I agree about the receivers, there are a maximum of two roster spots available at the position, and normally the fifth and sixth guy on the depth chart don´t play a ton of snaps.
Yeah... Which is why I put them in the "hope to do well" list. I don't think half of them will make the roster, but they have shown some upside in the previous season.

Members online

Latest posts