Making a murderer and the packers

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess that I don't really understand what's being implied here by the link. Are they merely saying that this guy's sister was killed or implying that he was involved or responsible for her murder? I will not watch the show.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's the brother of a woman murdered a while ago and appears in a documentary that is trying to say the people they charged with her murder were framed. he happens to be employed by the Packers.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess that I don't really understand what's being implied here by the link. Are they merely saying that this guy's sister was killed or implying that he was involved or responsible for her murder? I will not watch the show.
Why wont you watch it? Too scary?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why wont you watch it? Too scary?
answering for myself, I generally only watch documentaries on topics I have a pretty broad background in already. That way I can pick out what I think is pertinent and what I think is generally leading the viewer to a predetermined outcome. The only reason I ever watch any of the "Dateline" type shows is so I can hear their stories and come up with 100 other scenarios and see if they intentionally or unintentionally leave things out to lead a viewer. In this case, I wasn't on the jury, I don't have much respect for the prosecutor, don't really see the accused as believable either and don't know anybody related to the story. Being a part of some other things that have happened, the presented story and what actually happened are often very different. Since I wasn't on the jury, I don't trust any of the sources to give me what I need to have an opinion on this, so I probably won't watch it

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well... I'm 1/4 Halbach (oddly, my Grandmother's maiden name was Teresa Halbach) AND when I lived and worked in Manitowoc, I had extensive contact with the Avery family AND their junkyard -- back in the 80's. Worked very closely with the legal system of Manitowoc County. All I have to say about that show, and I did watch it all, is that it is a very carefully crafted fluff piece. Largely evident in the very fact that the producers were given unlimited access to the Avery point-of-view and, were very unabashed in how it was presented.

In short, if you're pre-disposed toward hating law enforcement, the legal system and subscribe to the "conspiracy around every corner" outlook, you'll love this thing. If you think critically, you'll recognize it for what it is.

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Well if the team doesn't show up next week we will be making a murder as the Redskins will commit murder lie on nat TV.

But it will be other way around as we will Slaughter them so bad they will have to change their name'then

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Well... I'm 1/4 Halbach (oddly, my Grandmother's maiden name was Teresa Halbach) AND when I lived and worked in Manitowoc, I had extensive contact with the Avery family AND their junkyard -- back in the 80's. Worked very closely with the legal system of Manitowoc County. All I have to say about that show, and I did watch it all, is that it is a very carefully crafted fluff piece. Largely evident in the very fact that the producers were given unlimited access to the Avery point-of-view and, were very unabashed in how it was presented.

In short, if you're pre-disposed toward hating law enforcement, the legal system and subscribe to the "conspiracy around every corner" outlook, you'll love this thing. If you think critically, you'll recognize it for what it is.

I was just checking to see if anyone on here has watched the series... crazy that you knew some of the people involved...
I can't imagine even as knowing some..that you can say its a crafted fluff piece!
The prosecutor had as much opportunity to present his side as well as others that refused to do so..
Did you see the Today show this morning? Also something to note is that it is "season 1".. in hopes at the very least , a retrial is granted to both Steven Avery and Branden Dassey
I've binged watched it...then binged read everything I could for a week afterward,..then had to watch it again to make
sure I had everything straight in the timeline.

Its not as gruesome as some Datelines...but I shudder to think it took a Netflix series to get this case in the forefront and to get people talking about the justice system not only in the state of Wisconsin...but worldwide.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I forgot to add that the title of the thread is not as shocking as I thought it was going to be! lol.. But I guess it kind of goes with the link,..it could read
"Making a Murderer and the IRS" or insert any other form of employment..

Can't wait to hear from anyone else who has watched the series:x3:

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lol I don't think you have to have a hatred towards law enforcement to see the corruption and questionable tactics taken in the case.

Nice to hear from someone connected to the case.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A better and more important Documentary (IMO) to put on your "to watch" list is "The Hunting Ground"

This is a real eye opening presentation of **** on College Campuses everywhere and how the powers to be are dealing with them. The details surrounding Jameis Winston and other athletes are talked about.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hahaha..... Well for what it is worth, Nancy Grace doesn't think much of it...she had him on her TV show...

Anyway, there are those who will look at this show, without knowing anything about the case and will naturally assume that it's a truthfull depiction. Never a mention of things like...if the cops planted the SUV...THEY also swapped the hood of the SUV with another vehicles... Anyway, there is nothing in the prosecution's favor to retry this thing in social media -- where I choose to NEVER GO.

Still, there is a huge section of society who will side with this guy based this infomercial for the defense solely becaus the.legal is warped in their opinio.n

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Oh... I'm not connected to the case in any way. Just a whole lot of.circumstance. I never met Teresa Halbach however she did babysit for my great nephews when they were toddlers...and all th other stuff...you cant turn a corner in Cal County without bumping into a Halbach.

I never met Steven Avery. He was already in prison when I got to Manitowoc in '87. Did have the opportunity to go out to junk yard on several occasions and meet that family.

Members online

Latest posts