Major Trade Needed, we must have a solid O-line

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are 4 things a team needs to be sucessfull in making a playoff birth and a shot at the Superbowl:

*Solid Offensive Line
*Solid Defensive Line
*Good QB
*Handful of play makers

If you are missing any one of the 4 above, 500 or below season is all you will achieve.

We will have to give up something that will be painful for some to get any true improvement on the O-line. Here is a list of players (or combination of players and draft picks) that would net the Pack a Left Tackle or even get a left and right tackle.

J Nelson
Clifton
Jones
Hawk
Kampman
Wynn
Jackson
Q Johnson
Poppinga
Donald Lee
Hall
Kuhn

Yes I said Kampman, even though he is playing well I think he is better suited to the 4-3 defense and would net use a real nice left tackle. We have more tallent on defense to fill the void of losing Kampman right now. I think Hawk is also better suited to the 4-3 and we have enough tallent to fill his void also. We need balance on this team, we have to have a good offensive line and it will cost us something.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't disagree. However, we know TT would never consummate a trade because he doesn't trade based on need, because doing so would be admitting you have a weakness and TT is the type of personality that would never, ever admit he does not have control of a situation. So, a trade is not realistic with TT. We'll have to wait for another draft where he either reaches for an O-lineman because he's really desperate (Harrell), or he continues to stock the cupboard with 4th and 5th round slackers.

The difficult aspect of being a Packers fan is coping with the overly proud nature of fellow Packers fans. Just like in the 1980's, nobody seems to want to admit we have fundamental flaws on our team. Back in the day, nobody wanted to hear my cries about sub-par coaching and talent. Many made it seem like that's just the way it is - you accept it because you love your team; voicing a concern means you're somehow not a fan - hogwash!

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree and dont expect a trade to come from TT for some players to bolster to O-Line but really who has extra depth at O-Line in the NFL?

Our D-Line should get better when Raji starts playing more and contributing but the LB's need to work a little more on stuffing the RB in the backfield and then it will alleviate more pressure off of the offensive unit as they will get better field position on a consistent basis. The only thing with this is it will prolly happen when we hit the hard part of the schedule. There are some brutal games coming the second half of this season.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'd like to keep Jordy Nelson. DD is getting old, and Nelson feels like a natural fit to replace him.

I fully support, however, trading Kampman. I think he hasn't adjusted well to the new scheme, I think he hasn't been much of a factor, and I think his value is incredibly high to any team that runs a 4-3. The problem is that I can't think of a single LT worth a damn that's on the market.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to keep Jordy Nelson. DD is getting old, and Nelson feels like a natural fit to replace him.

I fully support, however, trading Kampman. I think he hasn't adjusted well to the new scheme, I think he hasn't been much of a factor, and I think his value is incredibly high to any team that runs a 4-3. The problem is that I can't think of a single LT worth a damn that's on the market.

Kamp is playing good ball, actually, and making tremendous strides considering the change up he has been delivered, however I do agree that he is better suited for the 4-3. I think he is near a contract year? He will not be coming back IMO simply because of the 3-4, in which case as much as I would hate to say it they could trade him and get a more natural Bishop out there.

OP
OP
D

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is that I can't think of a single LT worth a damn that's on the market.

Yes I agree that tackle is not on the market now, but Kampman's value may get a team willing to give up a good tackle. Kampman's proven value in a 4-3 is hard to find, many teams would jump at the chance to get a player like him.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kampman and Hall for LT Ryan Clady from the Broncos. This would never ever happen, but here's to hoping.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Kampman and Hall for LT Ryan Clady from the Broncos. This would never ever happen, but here's to hoping.
Clady might be the best LT in the game. And he's only in his 2nd or 3rd year. They wouldn't take it if we offered them Rodgers and Jennings for him. Lol.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers defensive quality. Enough said. No, actually, I've said before that with an adequate OL, we can be very good. But the thing is, right now, we don't have even an adequate OL. So far, our OL has been the worst in the league hands down.
About the trade: Hawk, Jones and a round pick for Ferguson. He's not elite, but he's very good, and is young. Plus, they need a Wr, and Hawk still has promise.

Of course, we all know none of this will happen, but...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The obvious trade idea would be to find a team that are speculated to not win many games .If they are then desperate for a defensive end, then to trade Kampman and someone else for their 1st rounder obviously. I do realize of course that TT doesn't like to admit failure or anything like that, but that's the ideal thing to do if he was to suddenly get struck in the head and turn into a different sort of GM.

OP
OP
D

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers defensive quality. Enough said. No, actually, I've said before that with an adequate OL, we can be very good. But the thing is, right now, we don't have even an adequate OL. So far, our OL has been the worst in the league hands down.
About the trade: Hawk, Jones and a round pick for Ferguson. He's not elite, but he's very good, and is young. Plus, they need a Wr, and Hawk still has promise.

Of course, we all know none of this will happen, but...

Its nice to dream. We will know more come Monday Night where we stand as a team. Maybe we can achieve adequate status.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Adequate is sounding really good right now vs horrible that we have now. A-Rod is gonna get hurt if they don't fix something and then we can kiss this season goodbye.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers Offensive line quality.... Nuff said.

The problem here is that you're picking maybe the ONLY NFL team to win a Super Bowl with a suspect O-line, not to mention the fact Big Ben is nearly impossible to bring down - which is probably the reason Pitt got by last season.

Which then begs the question of why anybody would feel the need to prove a point that is nearly impossible to prove.

OP
OP
D

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem here is that you're picking maybe the ONLY NFL team to win a Super Bowl with a suspect O-line, not to mention the fact Big Ben is nearly impossible to bring down - which is probably the reason Pitt got by last season.

Which then begs the question of why anybody would feel the need to prove a point that is nearly impossible to prove.

They don't call him Big Ben for nothing, a slightly different build than A-rod.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They don't call him Big Ben for nothing, a slightly different build than A-rod.
Anyone remember the free and clear shot that he got from Jevon Kearse? It was like a cornerback had tackled, didn't even phase him one bit. Had that been A-Rod who has to weight about 60 lbs. less than Big Ben that would have been game over.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone remember the free and clear shot that he got from Jevon Kearse? It was like a cornerback had tackled, didn't even phase him one bit. Had that been A-Rod who has to weight about 60 lbs. less than Big Ben that would have been game over.

Like the Urlacher hit?

No ill affects from that

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ARod is though, and is better than Big Ben in escaping the rush. He's way more mobile, and (used to) deliver the ball much faster than Big Ben does. I don't get what you people are talking about. Yeah, he doesn't throw as well with someone attached in his body, but that's because he escapes the rush or throw the ball faster, unlike Big Ben who can't do that. That being said, I believe 2 rings speaks for itself. Roethlisberger is an elite QB no doubt. One can argue that if he didn't had that great D, that would not happen, but with that D, and, say, Tony Romo at the helm, that wouldn't happen either. The team may not have won MAINLY because of Roethlisberger, but he was definitely an integral part of those Lombardis.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How so? Rodgers played great when counted... at the end of the game..Which tells me no ill affects

Maybe it was just the defense but he didn't put up the as big of numbers like he did last year against them (about 50~70 yds. less thru the air.) I am not saying he isn't tough but I think it made him a little more cautious.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it was just the defense but he didn't put up the as big of numbers like he did last year against them (about 50~70 yds. less thru the air.) I am not saying he isn't tough but I think it made him a little more cautious.
What made him cautious was having only 2 seconds to throw the ball. Not getting hit and being soft. But the possibility of getting hit from behind and fumbling the ball.

OP
OP
D

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ARod is though, and is better than Big Ben in escaping the rush. He's way more mobile, and (used to) deliver the ball much faster than Big Ben does. I don't get what you people are talking about. Yeah, he doesn't throw as well with someone attached in his body, but that's because he escapes the rush or throw the ball faster, unlike Big Ben who can't do that. That being said, I believe 2 rings speaks for itself. Roethlisberger is an elite QB no doubt. One can argue that if he didn't had that great D, that would not happen, but with that D, and, say, Tony Romo at the helm, that wouldn't happen either. The team may not have won MAINLY because of Roethlisberger, but he was definitely an integral part of those Lombardis.

I don't think we are comparing ability with the QBs. Some said you don't have to have a good offensive line, look at the Steelers, they are not very good and they won the superbowl. Big Ben's size gives the Steelers that ability.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts