Major OFFENSIVE player a Packer?

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, you're right. 1600 yds on what accounts for about 10 games worth of touches is awful. We are much stronger at Rb than that!

Dont tell me, you were one of the guys who wanted Moss right?

Or is it L. Johnson we are getting? Don't tell me Betts would not help out.

L. Jordan will have a better season this year also. He should atleast.

Well done. Although you could've done without the Moss and LJ comments.

Of course I want Moss and LJ, but it isn't(and never was) going to happen.

As for Jordan, I don't know if he'll be any better. The Oakland line is still awful, and LaMont himself is approaching the magic # of 30 in age.

Also, welcome.

Gameth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Sorry, you're right. 1600 yds on what accounts for about 10 games worth of touches is awful. We are much stronger at Rb than that!

Dont tell me, you were one of the guys who wanted Moss right?

Or is it L. Johnson we are getting? Don't tell me Betts would not help out.

L. Jordan will have a better season this year also. He should atleast.

Well done. Although you could've done without the Moss and LJ comments.

Of course I want Moss and LJ, but it isn't(and never was) going to happen.

As for Jordan, I don't know if he'll be any better. The Oakland line is still awful, and LaMont himself is approaching the magic # of 30 in age.

Also, welcome.

Only reason I said anything about Moss is due to the fact that I think the guy is a lollygagger. (proper spelling?) I just didn't care for the possible junk that would have come with him.

I know that the team is more likly to help out a bad nut then the bad nut effect the team but I really don't like the guy. Maybe its all those years as a Viking.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'm really curious to see how Moss produces this season. I think he CAN be a dominate force, but does he WANT to put the effort into it? I think probably yes because he's on a team that's a serious Super Bowl contender.

zoogies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear reports that it was announced on the NFL Network that it was Culpepper.

Not sure how reliable/valid; I wouldn't know.

If it is, I'd be disappointed...rooting for Rodgers.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa!!! I certainly was not trying to put you down or offend you Zero.

I dropped in after several months away and was reading your post and responded.

Obviously, I was not claiming to have personally crunched the numbers or that you do the same, rather that you look at reliable sources that are available from multipe sources.

I had no idea we had issues between us, but pardon my ignorance because we obviously do.

Bruce said:
Zero2Cool said:
I wouldn't bank on this happening. We have between 10-11 million in cap space and nearly half of that is going to be taken up by the rookies. So we have about 5 million remaining.

No Zero, you have your numbers wrong. After setting aside the rookie pool (all they are allowed to use for signing their rookies) the Packers still have just over $10 million in available CAP space.

Check your numbers -- I am quite confident mine are correct.

First of all Bruce Almighty, I do not have numbers.
Second, they are not YOUR numbers. You did not calculate every single nickel and dime the Packers spent against the CAP

Third, take the time to read the rest of the posts before you go on being a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _!!. (fill in the blanks, can be a nice word, nice phrase or a bad word or bad phrase-be creative)

Last but not least. As proven by your post you lack the ability to be thorough and I will quote MYSELF where I posted the sources and their conflicting numbers.

Zero2Cool said:
longtimefan said:
Zero2Cool said:
longtimefan said:
Zero2Cool said:
I wouldn't bank on this happening. We have between 10-11 million in cap space and nearly half of that is going to be taken up by the rookies. So we have about 5 million remaining.

I have posted this guys before, and he is pretty accurate

http://www.flex.com/~deeph2o/CapPage.htm

He claims we have $15 mill

Yea he probably knows more than the chumps over at the Press-Gazette newspaper.

I dont think half goes to rookies, and depending on the amount of picks the NFL sets the amount, or something very close to setting it for the team

Hi Rob:

I do think TT has the Pack heading in the right direction and I try not to second guess but with $14-15 of cap space available and I think only about $6 million needed to sign rookies what has he been saving it for? It doesn't seem likely any players with value are yet to be cut and other than maybe DT Corey Williams no current player is deserving of an extension...I understand his distaste for overspending on any player but hard to believe there wasn't anyone out there this off season (especially a TE) that we could have used....what do you think?

Thanks --- John of Scandia, MN

ROB DEMOVSKY: John, we'll start with you. Last time I checked, the Packers had about $10 or $11 million in salary cap space available. Their rookie salary pool is $4.907 million, so that will leave them with about $5 or $6 million of cap space, which isn't really a ton. Considering they look to do an in-season contract extension or two, that should about take up most of their space. Basically, my point is they don't have as much unused salary cap space as you might think.

Last time he checked. Who knows when that was!

OK, now get THIS. Same newspaper, different writer.

Outgoing insider? Koonce causes a stir
If George Koonce's nose is right, the Packers offense might get an upgrade yet.

Koonce, who recently resigned his position as the Packers' director of player development to accept a job with Marquette University, has caused a stir on blogs and Internet message boards with his remarks to a Milwaukee radio station Friday.

At the end of an interview on the Gary and Cliff Show on WSSP (AM-1250), Koonce said "the offseason's not over with quite yet, so don't be surprised if ... a big name (comes) in before training camp."

Pressed by the hosts for more information, Koonce refused to provide a name but said he was talking about an offensive player.

"I'm not going to spill the beans," Koonce said, "but ... I sniffed around a little bit before I left."

Considering the Packers' much-discussed failure to land Randy Moss and countless other rumors that have come and gone, this could be one more letdown for fans frustrated by the team's inactivity in free agency. But with about $10 million of salary-cap space (after the rookie pool is spent) and more than a month until training camp, General Manager Ted Thompson has plenty of time and flexibility to augment the roster -- if someone's available at the right price.

Koonce could not be reached Monday afternoon.

(Tip of the hat: WSSP program director Ryan Maguire, who sent us the 17-second clip in an e-mail.)

-- Tom Pelissero, [email protected]

... sorry for blowing up, im jus tired of the ignorant being so quick to say someone is wrong, have a splendid day :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Whoa!!! I certainly was not trying to put you down or offend you Zero.

I dropped in after several months away and was reading your post and responded.

Obviously, I was not claiming to have personally crunched the numbers or that you do the same, rather that you look at reliable sources that are available from multiple sources.

I had no idea we had issues between us, but pardon my ignorance because we obviously do.

lol no

Members online

Latest posts