1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Madden NFL

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by lancer84, Mar 8, 2010.

1. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Anyone here play Madden? I got it for the 360...and need help with my defensive strategy.

2. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339

I play quite a bit online and against my buddies. What are you trying to change up?

3. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Sold it recently so I could afford MLB 10: The Show.

I normally just Ask Madden on defense. I don't recommend it, but that's what I do.

4. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Alright, I'm just gonna throw this out there... I suck, I don't really know how to read the defense besides looking at the depth of the corners. and what "hot routes" to change to when you know they are playing Man or Zone. I've gotten really lucky on offense... defense is my major weakness. Of course I'm the Packers..and normally my friend is the Vikings. I play with the 3-4 defensive playbook...and he kicks my *** on a daily basis. So what are some good plays and player audibles i can do to block some of his passing attack?
    :viksux:

5. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Run 3 WR, have the slot guy run posts or anything that crosses the middle. He'll be open every time. Swear to god.

6. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339

Depends on what the offensive tendencies are of the player you are playing against. I have one friend that runs a lot, and I have a buddy that passes on every single down, including 4th and long, so your defensive strategy needs to be adjusted according to what the opposing player is doing. Against a player that passes a lot I use a lot of dime packages and will blitz a linebacker up the middle or a corner blitz works too. This way with 6 d-backs it takes longer for his receivers to get open and with a well executed blitz I can usually get a sack or force a bad pass. Against a guy that runs a lot, I use a zone scheme in the 4-3 and I will usually use the middle linebacker as my player so I can either follow the rb, spy the qb, or drop back into coverage as needed. I don't like using the 3-4 on Madden.

When playing offense the best thing to do is call plays that you feel would be called in an actual game. Lots of guys just throw deep outs or post routes on ever play, but mix up your running game with your passing game. Throw your opponent off with some play action on second and short. Run up the middle to open up your passing game. Get your defender to put 7 or 8 in the box and nail him with a slant or a corner route with your tight end.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    I'll definitely try that next game.

Which playbook do you suggest i use?

Yeah mostly on offense i'm trying slants and fades. Doesnt really get me anywhere. I cant run at all, hes normally blitzing but somehow still has most of my recievers shut down. Madden must love Winfield.

Works always when the defense is in Man? Cover 2 covers it. What audible would you use for Zone?

Btw whats ur guy's gamertags?

8. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Never Ask Madden GEEZ PEOPLE!

Anyway I dont know anything about reading coverage I play on rookie cause Im that good LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

9. packerpower

packerpower Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Some people here apparently think Madden applies to real life (see; thread where someone thought kickers weren't allowed to be traded in the NFL.)

10. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Cool Story Bro.......(see; Cool story bro - Encyclopedia Dramatica)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    That was hilarious. :Heristical:

12. packerpower

packerpower Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  13. every1else

every1else Cheesehead