Madden NFL 09

PackerFan89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is kind of fantasy football. (sorry if this is in the wrong area)

Anyway, i play Madden NFL 09 franchise mode. Im in my second season with the Packers of course. I didnt make the playoffs in year one but anyway i traded up to get the second overall pick and i drafted a RB who was 84 overall. I also signed free agent Darren Sproles. So im using 3 RB in my franchise mode,(Ryan Grant being the 3rd RB) i use all three in rotation and i am leading the league in rushing. Its week 8 by the way, i am 5-3.

Not important at all but if anyone else has any Madden stories i would love to hear them.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Not Madden, but I just put up 100 on some FCS Subdivision team with South Florida in NCAA 09. They're both football, so that's close enough, right? Lol.

I remember in Madden on the Wii, for some reason Cincy would cut Chad Johnson every year, so every year i'd pick him up and pair him with whoever my lead receiver was. It was awesome. I fantasy draft, by the way.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to stop playing Madden. That game is so involved now with all the crap you can do I just don't have time LOL. Either way, good pickup with Sproles as long as you have a good O-Line.

OP
OP
P

PackerFan89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had to stop playing Madden. That game is so involved now with all the crap you can do I just don't have time LOL. Either way, good pickup with Sproles as long as you have a good O-Line.

I dont have the best O-Line but not the worst either. I have Clifton, Spitz, Wells, Colledge, and Tauscher. I signed Jeff Saturday to replace Wells at center but of course he retired. LOL. Sproles is still getting 4.7 yards a carry so im happy.

Messi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game is not very realistic. Sort of but not quite, it feels like more play a game then playing the acctual game.

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What disappoints me, is this one is supposed to be their really good year, since it's an anniversary and so forth.

But the graphics were sub-par.

I would hardly consider that 720P definiton, and why does the crowd look like paper cut outs again? It's embarrassing that a video game tycoon like EA games would not be able to perform in comparisson with Activision (Play Call of Duty 4 and tell me it's not realistic) or even sadly enough Rockstar games (GTA IV is 1080P, although it feels like 1080i, it's still nice).

I own a PS3, so yeah... Anyway, the game was a dissapointment for being the tenth anniversary, and starring Favre on the front (sadly, that's a big reason I bought it).

I like the gameplay more than the other games, though.

And... for good measure...

I play superstar mode, because franchise ****** me off now: I am a free safety, rated horribly with terrible stats and I play for the Arizona Cardinals, who were ranked last in the league last year (Although, ironically, the best defense in the league).

Sadly enough, I much rather playing my other video games over this one... I guess I never realized how boringly repetitive Madden can get.

But, I'm not going to let 80 dollars go to waste. So I still play it everynow and then,. and enjoy it a bit.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Madden Franchise mode it's annoying. If you are a QB and your best target has his contract expiring this season, the FO won't even try to renew it. You end up throwing to third-stringers or whatever.
If you are a LB, you will always be one of the top rated rush defenses, but the pass defense sucks.

And you alwas hope the FO will step up and add some great players, but they never do that. Even if they have 40m cap space.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I tried to do franchise mode, but it just took so much dam effort. I gave up and just continued to play single games against buddies, which is still fun. :)

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't touched my Madden game in a while.

Which is funny, because it's the ONLY PS3 game I've actually bought with my own money (all the others have been gifts, stolen by my friend, or from a gift card I found on the ground once :p )

I have been playing COD 4 plenty more. (Much better game in my opinion)

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
COD4 is good if thats what you want to play at the moment. If your looking for a football game then Madden is ok, NCAA is the way to go IMO.

Latest posts