1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Madden 08 POS

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Profizzle99, May 6, 2008.

1. Profizzle99

Profizzle99 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a hardcore Packer fan so naturally I buy Madden 08. I just got the 360 so I decided to get it at a lower price. I payed $50 dollars for this game and I ran into a few bugs. Some things about the game were great but I am really getting fed up with EA's nonsense. There are times when I dont even feel like I am playing football, so here we go I want to start a bug list over here. I will start the list and you guys just post more and I will add them. Right now I just wish EA would start competing.

List begin:
    -Coin toss starts before players are introduced
    -Players can run through the walls of the stadium
    -Players on the sideline have no face and mimic the movements of the rest of the bench
    -Giant blow up team logo where the players run out
    -Hot arm QB's can throw almost 90 yards
    -Crowd has the same movement
    -Dumb radio announcers
    -QB contain plays with 3 linemen set to crash and pinch create automatic pressure
    -WR and RB cannot throw farther than 30 yards or so
    -No polish to the experience

Now lets go back in time to ESPN 2K5 on the Xbox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cUa245VSoQ&feature=related

2. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    07 was horrible. 08 was much improved. I agree 2k5 was awsome.

3. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Wow. If you are worried about the introductions and coin toss I already know I can school you.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm waiting for a football game to actually use the next gen technology and not just improved versions of ps2 games.

5. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I totally agree with that.

6. Profizzle99

Profizzle99 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No, im good at madden but I am just pointing out some of the things that take you out of the football experience in the coin toss and running through the walls. I will play you some time PackOne.

Gamertag: Profizzle

Bring it on! :)

7. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still playing Madden 06. I usually stay a few years behind on the Madden games, because other than the new players, the upgrades from year to year don't seem that big to me. I plan on picking up 09 though.

8. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm still playing "Madden 94" on "Super Nintendo". (Not kidding)
    I don't have a fancy game player yet.

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Last football game I played was Techmo Bowl.

These games nowadays are too complex. I guess too much for this old man. I like things simple.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats the problem i have. I TRIED playing on a friend's game, and you had to "push button A, hold button B, pull lever F" and so on. And that was just to snap the ball! :shock:
    Maybe if i had my own i could figure it out, if i spent several days on it.
    I wish they had "push button A to pass, B to run" type games. Not all the fancy stuff that makes it so hard to play.

11. djcubez

djcubez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I try and buy the odd years of Madden games. I don't see the point in upgrading every year. Besides, I hate really hate playing Madden. I mean, I love football and I love video games but I get so enraged in Madden because the most ridiculous preposterous impossible bullshit happens. I mean, why when I'm down by a touchdown with a minute left in the fourth quarter does my kick returner fumble? Of all luck...I remember games like NBA Jam and Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey that actually allowed you to make a comeback. I'm dead serious too. I played ESPN2k5 and then bought Madden '07 because I wanted an upgrade. Besides the graphics I felt like I was playing a downgraded version of Madden '03 ugh...

12. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    is it coming out for wii?

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
  14. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate how the linebackers will inhumanly pick passes off that are to a reciever 20 yards behind them

15. Profizzle99

Profizzle99 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  16. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    the fumble at the 3 minute mark doesnt look like a fumble to me. this happened a lot in 08 that you couldnt challenge.

I like the play selection screen more than the rest of that stuff. That and celebrations! whooo! But it sucks that I play with GB cuz I can't have Jennings and Driver celebrate like boobs. Maybe Donald Lee though.

17. djcubez

djcubez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, Randy Moss doing soulja boy in the end zone. Number one reason I am not buying this game.

18. Profizzle99

Profizzle99 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ha Ha, but if you own the current Madden, the Interface is much nicer, the field looks way more realistic, the crowd takes snapshots just like in a real game, camera bobbles when a player is out in the open. Those are just some of the things I noticed when watching the vid. BTW the whole Packers team did the Soulja Boy dance a couple of times.

19. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I love that game! All you have to do is play as the Cowboys (as hard as that is to do) and do a sweep with Emmit Smith, spin the whole time you run, and you'll dominate. The Packers are pretty worthless on that game, though.