1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Madden '06?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Played two preseason games of my 3rd season. AR is not so hot, infact even though his overall is higher than the QB (Sapp) I just drafted, however Sapp throws a lot more like Favre than AR's lob balls. Ah well I will play it out and see if my rookie will increase in overall before next year. Maybe he can take the starting job :)

The wife is going out with the girls tonight, so I am going to try and put a good dent in the season.

2. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What's Rodgers' THP and THA?

3. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    THP=95
    THA=87

4. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    not sure if it's the selection or how i do it or both but on punt returns, i do block return and take barnett or one of the lbers playing down and pull him out and go behind the guys next to him, then try to bull thru the gap. i don't know if that ties a couple extra guys up or what but when i switch back to my returner, i usually get between 5 and 30 yds.

hey ryan, bump up the level and you'll really see how bad it is playing with rodgers. i been trying to get him and my rook rb some snaps late and that sliver of a passing window is killing me. a few games into yr 2 right now. maybe brett moves before the deadline??? is that just wrong to consider it?

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Well I discovered something AR is damn good at. Take the snap, hold "x" or sprint for you not PS users, and roll out. He has some skates. I usually roll him out to the left and hit Square/WR1. Kicked some tail with that last night.

6. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I had an amazing draft, I drafted a whole new offensive line, and all the draft picks panned out and they became the best offensive line in the NFL. In their second season they all went to the pro bowl! They all had 90 + in overall after 2 seasons!

I also drafted Greens heir, he panned out as well after 3 seasons he was one of the top RB's after sitting behind Green for years!

In the same draft I drafted a stud CB, he lead the league in interceptions in his rookie season, and in his sophmore year he was as good as Harris.

I also picked up Brett Favre as my offensive coordinator!

That was a great franchise.

7. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    No kidding, didn't know you could do that. Was it the year that he retired or a couple years later or when?

8. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My franchise file magically corrupted the other day. I'm pretty pissed. This is the 2nd time this happened to me. After 5 years with the Packers it did it and now after 4 with the Steelers.

I hate Madden now.

9. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    You know I had an odd "settings" error when I loaded last night. The franchise was still ok. Hope that's the next thing that happens to me :roll:

10. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    time to whine and give the thread some action.

playing all-pro. up on the bears 46-0 at the half and instead of getting rodgers and my rook rb some time, i decide to run it up. up 60-0 going into the 4th and i'm driving. tried to hit bubba on some Singleback 3TE PA and tillman picked me off and then the ref picked favre. 95 yd int. a couple drives later, i try to gun it to luchey up the sideline and there's that damn tillman. this time brett got the stiff arm. 97 yd ret.

Packers 74
    Tillman 14

Ughhhh. I was so close to lowering my ppg allowed to under 6.

11. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    haha I feel your pain six. I have to get back into it one of these days now that everything has calmed down after the holidays.

12. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i was off for about 2 weeks but have 5 games in the last 3 nights.

13. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lots of the retired players return as coaches a few years after they've retired. Some of the coaches retires as well, and therefore they have to have new coaches, Brett Favre!

14. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    What I meant was I didn't know that Madden was indepth enough to retire a player and then return them as a coach.

15. Aceschnd

Aceschnd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If anybody wants to play me online my name is Aceschnd. Just send me an invite and I will be happy to kick your butt. I don't have to be the play as the Packers but I will if you don't.

16. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Ps2 or PC??

17. Aceschnd

Aceschnd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  18. rmayer32

rmayer32 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    PS2 here, Actually beat the Colts in the SB 77-0 LOL... My next season I think I'll sim some games and see if it's a bit more realistic as 15-1 in 05, and 3 weeks of that was without Favre due to injury, no dropoff at all with AR.. Right now, I'm trying to finish the NCAA season to get my draft class ready to import. :D

19. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    That my friends is some EA Sports dedication!

20. rmayer32

rmayer32 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    All has to be done just so ya know. :)

21. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a pretty cool defensive formaton in a 5- 2 pretty much impossible to pass on

22. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Madden 2007 Unleashed!
    [​IMG]

23. GP_1_Again

GP_1_Again Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why doest Madden offer something just alittle more challenging then PRO mode? Ok I blow teams away in Pro mode "No Fun" ok then I go to All-Pro and I cant freakin win maybe like 2 of every 10 games but damn I want to destroy my controler at times! No fun to me even though it is a severe challenge but no fun on the old blood-preasure! I hope 07 offers a skill level just a tad harder then Pro but not to the extreme as All-Pro! Why does Favre suck so bad in 06? He was the sheet in 05! I like 05 better then 06....

24. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All-Pro isn't all that hard - it just requires some strategy and you are more likely to lose than Pro, but not that much more.

The only difficulty I had in switching from Pro to All-Pro is pass accuracy.

25. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol I've never lost a game playing All-Pro, it's too easy. You can almost throw the ball right at the defenders, and they won't pick it off lol! If I wanted to I could light up the defense with 700 passing yards a game, I did it a couple of times with Favre :p
    Also you can rush for infinite yards, I've rushed for over 600 yards in a game, with Bell!

All-Madden is challenging, if you throw an ill-advised pass it's going to be picked off almost for sure! And I also think the gameplay is more real playing All-Madden.