1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Madden '06?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Sep 1, 2005.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's all in good fun guys! Z2C, your humour is priceless.... This forum has some people that can really make me laugh (in the good way! :) )

2. cdnpackfan

cdnpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, well this freakin sucks. I started another Packers franchise on all-madden right? sliders changed a bit, but still pretty difficult. After my first year of finishing 8-8 and in Favre's last game (he retired after that year) led me a comeback vs Seattle. So I was in good shape going into the draft, yada yada....anyways, I'm about to improve Collins on the training camp for next year and the damn game freezes on me! I was pretty choked.

I might start a new one again, but sim the first year and maybe draft a RB and name him Bush or something, and create Gado and update the roster a bit for fun....but I'm not sure, maybe be another team. I love being the Pack though, but I don't wanna really play the first year again (Before this one I started a couple as them before really taking off with this franchise)

3. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    cdn did your memory card corrupt or were you just not saving?

4. cdnpackfan

cdnpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I had saved it all a long, but made a bad decision by not saving after the first year before going into the next one. So I would have to restart the draft/resinging players and stuff, so I'd probably just rather start a new one and sim the first year...but oh well I suppose.

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Ah that's about the best place not to save, if you didn't have a good draft or weren't sure what you were doing. You can do it all over. I would just do the draft and play on. Nice second chance!

6. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been there before. I played 5 years of a franchise as the Packers and then the file got corrupted. No way did I want to play that again so I've just been playing as other teams.

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Ryan and I just finished our game.

Me- 23
    Him- 14

Good games!!

8. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah the day I only score 14 points.

9. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    oh you 2 are so lucky that i'm not playing mine on PS2 or i would wreck you both...lol.

i've been playing madden since 94 and lost my 2nd ever game tonight.

the first i was up 6 very late and could have kneeled for the win but tried to throw an out route from the 5 to try and score again and 95 yds the other way, i lost on the last play of the game. stupid and painful.

so tonight, one of my boys comes over and i get him to play. says i'll kill him cuz he hasn't played in 6 months. being very cocky, i "give him a chance" and take the amsterdam admirals against his eagles.

i did not however take into account that i wouldn't have a single defender that could hang with TO. kurt kittner and jarrett payton took it into the half 28-28, but i went down 49-28. i backed the cb way off and used the saftey to play 40 yds deep but TO would just blow by. he caught 5 of mcnabbs 6 completions for 284 yds and 4 tds.

he'd bring 8 so running got a bit tough and you can imagine what kittner's passing window is like.

i am so gonna score 100 on him with GB.

10. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Haha nice sixone... payback it a, well you know. It's always fun to light people up. I took it to the vikes last night in my second season of the franchise, 103 to 7 (yeah they went 90 yards on the last play of the game). Who know that running a goal line defense when they were on their goal line was bad :p They beat my blitz bad... ah well have your lame mercey TD, there was about 4 people left in the dome anyway.

11. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Run a play in the 4-3 formation called Man Flats and bring everyone up to the line. It works well if you have some stellar linebackers. I hardly ever run the goal line defenses because they usually fail (for me).

12. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I run the goal line once in a while, blitz C if I am really mad, plus I use playmaker to turn the safety from man to blitz :) I was just messing around as it wasn't much of a game and got too cocky and they took it to the house on me!

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Do you play yours on PC? I have it on PC.

14. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    After the game today, I am gonna have to beat the living hell out of whoever is up against me next in the playoffs.

15. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully the Bears. :lol:

16. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Ryan- You aren't alone in giving up a last second shutout wrecking td bomb. it's happened more than once when trying to get just one more sack. don't act like it's ok to give up that score. losing the shutout stings. plus, then you didn't win by 100...lol.

Z2C- When the PS2 went down, I switch to playing on Gamecube.

17. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Second round (first round bye) vs Atlanta. The computer did a little magic once I was up 21-3. I threw a pick that was returned 80 yards or something, then on the ensuing kicking off I was hit and funbled for a TD return. Ended up winning 52 to 20 or so, but it's just funny how sometimes it just seems there is a CPU or second player mercey threash hold built into that game.

sixone I know what you are talking about on the sting of the shutout being blown. But I just say, ah well have your mercey td, I already outscore my opponents on the season by 60 points. Plus if I got mad it would be another hour of my time spent replaying that game to pound the crap out of them even harder to protect my shutout!

18. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, I know what you are talking about. It really pisses me off how I can dominate a team most of the game and then all of the sudden the CPU pulls a few miracle plays to even the score or whatever.

The other thing I hate is when I consistently shut down the other team on 1st and 2nd down, but then they always get the 3rd down play. Anyway....

19. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    DUDE OMFG IM SO SICK OF PUNT RETURNS. I FUGGIN FUMBLED TWICE IN A ROW IN THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still won the game though :)

20. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Someone get googling and find out what we need to do to return some punts!

21. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Completed my draft heading into my 3rd franchise year last night. Favre retired in the off season. Went through training camp, should start the pre season tonight, hopefully I can build up some of my rooks quick.

22. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Who's your QB now?

23. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Our latest #1 draft pick - AR. Played some practice plays with him and threw a couple picks last season, but I haven't started preseason yet. I ended up heading out to the bar tonight to hang with some peeps and didn't get a chance to play.

24. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's good that you get out once in a while. Highly recommended. :D

25. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    BS he needs to fix the green links issue!!

NOBeeRFoRu