1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Madden '06?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Madden '06

Frick punt returns ARE pain in the ***. But if you take your returner and bump one of the gunners you get 15yd penalty on them.

Oh after you bump them you have to get the ball too.

Running is soooo easy too. Its amazing how you can watch the lanes develope. Henderson is a friggin stud!!

2. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Re: Madden '06

i love the new features, but at the same time i hate them...

it was easy for me, a madden freak, to get accustomed to them in the first few weeks...but a lot of the non-regular madden players had such a hard time getting used to the passing scope, last year we had huge tournaments in my dorm, 10+ people would be down on any given night, i went the entire second semester without a loss in head to head...with my team, the washington redskins, yes, they're my madden team...i'm undefeated this year so far too, but only with a record of like 7-0 against people who were still trying to grip the new passing features

3. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

The button changes have me wooped. I'm not used to the limited way you must have them.

My record as the Packers is 12-2-1 my first ever tie in madden vs computer lol.

Same roster as packers except Ty Law and Dan Neil.

4. HatestheEagles084

Ratings:
    +1

just started another packer franchise this past week and i'm at 5-0

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Went undefeated my first franchise year. Drafted a stud CB in the first round, he as 5-6 picks in my 4 preseason games. Probably starting the regular season tonight.

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

My losses and tie came from being cocky trying to rack up points to Walker. What bad could happen, did! but it made the game a lot of fun

i haven't finished mine yet to do the draft. i got one more game left

7. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Do you guys actually play the preseason games or do you just simulate them?

8. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

I play them. Only for the fact that I think if I control the team my rookies and other not so great players will have a better progression than if the games area simulated. I can force them to play, make the throw to my rookie WR, take control of my rookie DB and get the pick etc.

Now if it really helps or not, I don't know. I usually get +2 to +4 over all on each of them.

9. HatestheEagles084

Ratings:
    +1

i change the quarters to 2-3 minutes and play them...somewhat for what Ryan uses them for, try and get some rookies stats--which leads to overall rating boosts...but also because people rarely get hurt when i play the games--however when i simulate, the CPU tries to disembowel my whole roster

i can't do franchises with the packers, i get too anal--for example, on '06--no coston, whitticker, poppinga...in '05 i always tried to find a team that would trade me a 2nd for mckenzie to be realistic, etc.

10. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Yeah I just traded Martin's no run blocking TE azz last night for a 4th round from the bears. Then picked up a FA that had a higher over all (like +4 higher) and a MUCH higher run block. Now when I run out of the i form or one back I can run to left SO much better. Clifton is on my sh!t list lately which his terrible blocking... smell a trade and FA aquisition coming soon.

Note: I have merged both "Madden '06" topics together for easier reference. Let's keep all madden 06 chatter in this sticky.

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Way to take my thread and merge it so its YOUR name :(

btw I can return punts

for 4 yards

12. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    OMG, see what I have to put up with here?! :roll:

Users...

Yeah I have been able to get some 10-15-20 yard runs if I put them in full on punt block. Usually they can fend of the punt coverage at the line long enough for me to catch it, make a move and head up the side line for a few yards.

13. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, at least your not like his family and have to live with the guy. :p :p

14. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Haha indeed. well I am now 11-0 in the second year of my franchise. Played another game tonight. It's about 11:30pm, thinking about playing one more before I head to bed.

15. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ryan: at which level do you play?

16. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    One up from rookie, (pro?) not all madden. I guess I should bump up to that though. These undefeated seasons can get a little lame after a while. Still is hard to "lose" a game if you don't have to :p

17. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All Madden is ridiculously hard. I haven't started a season or anything, but I play in All Pro.

18. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    madden is the sticky, LOVING IT!!!!

i just went undefeated and won the SB on all pro. i avg 68.3 and gave up 3.3. i beat the chargers 90-0 in the SB. brett was like 33-39 585 yds and 9 tds. (one rushing) time to tackle all madden.

for punt returns i have been using all out block or the block ret. avg about 8, got a 30 yder one night and almost took it to the house. i almost woke the wife up to brag....lol.

RYAN- 11:30pm and "thinking" about just ONE more? lightweight...LOL

19. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Haha lightweight indeed. I am getting too old to be pulling the Madden until 4am and then get up for work at 7. Plus one of the two brats usually wakes up and needs something anyway, so sleep is becoming more precious!

20. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a hard time on All-Pro. My passing game sucks a big one so I am looking for tips. Like I can barely complete 49-50% of my passes. I think rushing is easy with a really speedy back, but passing is so damn hard. BTW, I'm still playing Madden '05, but I would think it's mostly the same (except for the vision cone thing).

I used to play Pro all the time and I was always undefeated, big blowouts, etc. but then I wanted something more challenging (but I hate it so damn much when I lose!).

If anyone has any tips for the passing game on All-Pro that would be nice. :)

21. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    4am? those days are gone. i pack it in by 2am...lol. wife NEVER wakes up for anything short of a massive tornado and if the dog bothers me, i toss her a ******* and she goes back to sleep. it will soon be kid time and i'll have to adjust. like playing with it muted...lol.

22. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in my second season. Went 16-0 in the regular season then lost Brett in the NFC Championship and lost the SB throwing 5 INTs vs. Baltimore with Rodgers at QB. I'm through three games and have already returned 3 kickoffs for TDs (using Chris Johnson as the return man) but I can't seem to get more than 8 or so yards on a punt return.

23. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    good one, jerk :p

i just got placement of my daughter and she is VERY happy to be living with me instead of her mom so HA take THAT lol

ps, ryan loves having me here, i keep him on his toes

24. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

:rubeyes: Z2C, did you tell her that she was going to go live in Disney Land? That would explain her sudden bout of Happiness.... :p

Lol as four your remark about Ryan, yea you two are the original odd couple.... :-? :-? :p

25. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Z2C glad to hear about your daughter, that's very cool.

Z2C has been here from the get go, he's a good poster (and a pain in the...), and likes to make more work for me, but I appreciate the suggestions - most of the time :p