Lynch visiting

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070414/PKR01/704140511/1989

Running back Marshawn Lynch, a likely first-round pick in the upcoming NFL draft, is scheduled to visit the Green Bay Packers late next week.

Lynch's agent, Doug Hendrickson, said on Friday his client will meet with the Packers either Thursday or Friday at the team's headquarters. NFL rules allow teams to bring in up to 30 draft-eligible players before the April 28-29 selections.

The Packers, who select at No. 16 in the first round, likely are in the market for a running back after losing last year's starter, Ahman Green, in free agency.

"It makes sense," Hendrickson said of the Packers' interest in Lynch. "The question is, does he get that far (in the draft)?"

Hendrickson said his client visited the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday. The Falcons have the eighth overall pick.

"Buffalo is at No. 12, and they obviously need a running back," Hendrickson said. "Tennessee (at No. 19) might have to jump up."

Just because the Packers are bringing in Lynch doesn't necessarily mean they would select him if he's available. Teams often use some of their allotted visits to put out misinformation in order to deceive other teams. It's also worth noting the Packers didn't bring in linebacker A.J. Hawk, their first-round draft pick last year, for a visit before the 2006 draft.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems that they tend to bring in players who have ?? marks, either physically or otherwise. I am sure some of it is also done as a smokescreen. In the case of Hawk, there were no questions so they did not tip their hand. With Rogers, there was a less than 5% chance that he would be available, but also there were none of the questions alluded to above.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts