Lucky Bastards!!!

Swaps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ Hawk was a great pick.

If we had a top 5 pick... Well, if we had a top TEN pick we would've got Leinart.

But if we DIDN'T need a quarterback, AJ Hawk as #1 on my list.

But the real kicker was Abdul Hodge. I was REALLY hoping we could've continued the chemistry he had in Iowa with Greenway.

But i guess the LB corps will just have to suffer again for us. It's good to know we wasted a couple picks for a back-up lineman when we could've drafted another starter...
*sigh*

OP
OP
S

Swaps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does the Pouncing Johnny Randle in my avitar blow my cover? ;)

yeah.

At least I'm not a bears fan.

Gwuuh.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hodge was the cherry on the sundae. I was hoping we would take him as we traded down in the 2nd round, although not disappointed at all with whom we chose. When he was available in the 3rd and fell in our laps, that made the draft for me.

I like Big 10 linebackers. They may not be the flashiest, but seem to be highly productive over the long term.

I always liked John Randle barking and growling. Football needs characters.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Chaps, the way you guys ran the ball down KGB's throat last year, something had to be done. We're hoping to get 10 to 12 years of stellar play out of Hawk and Hodge.

Greenway will be solid along with Leber, but I have no clue what you will do at MLB.

A question for you, are you happy with your #7 pick from last year? I have Viking buddies that just cringed with that pick!

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sporting News rated our draft as A+ , the team with that rating and the best draft of the year. We probably got four guys that will start by the end of the year and will have a linebacking corp that will dominate. Hodge didn't have all the measureables but everything I read said he was smart and always around the play and probably made Greenway look better.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Swaps said:
AJ Hawk was a great pick.

If we had a top 5 pick... Well, if we had a top TEN pick we would've got Leinart.

But if we DIDN'T need a quarterback, AJ Hawk as #1 on my list.

But the real kicker was Abdul Hodge. I was REALLY hoping we could've continued the chemistry he had in Iowa with Greenway.

But i guess the LB corps will just have to suffer again for us. It's good to know we wasted a couple picks for a back-up lineman when we could've drafted another starter...
*sigh*

Lucky? Hell, we had to endure a 4-12 season last season. We EARNED that pick :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Swaps said:
Does the Pouncing Johnny Randle in my avitar blow my cover? ;)

yeah.

At least I'm not a bears fan.

Gwuuh.

Isn't that kind of like saying "I'm glad i got my left nut smacked, instead of my right!" ???? :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
You're nutty, cheesey!!

THIS is SOOOO true!!! "NUTTY CHEESE!!!"
My Mom used to just shake her head at some of the stuff i came up with. Her favorite saying for me was "You talk like a kid with a paper brain!"
(Mom REALLY loved me!!!)LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Lucky !!!

cheesey said:
Isn't that kind of like saying "I'm glad i got my left nut smacked, instead of my right!" ???? :lol:
Yes, it depends on what side you line up on.

The original poster demonstrates again a key characteristic of all viking fans. Jealousy of the Packers.

As to the make up wearing Randle, my favorite story is one of Tim Brown's. He said that during a game Randle was stomping around the field like an escaped pscho. He uttered such nonsense before a play that he started laughing so much he could not run a route properly.

Why would anyone be proud of having such a player on a team?

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
California cheese - That moldy cheese must be affecting your brain. I have never heard of any Viking fan jealous of anything about the Packers. I thought this was an intelligent discussion about football. Not some ravings by a twisted individual!

OP
OP
S

Swaps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me? Jealous of the packers? no. Jealous of you picking Hodge before we did. yes.
Your own fan boy said it... 4-12.

Randle was an amazing player. My hero as a young'un growing up. That face paint was bad ***. He had an attitude that made the game fun. Had he been a packer i prolly would be saying the same things that you are.

You have no idea how much I wished we had a #7 THIS year rather then last year... I'm not really thrilled that we passed up on Derrick Johnson and Shawne Marriman and David Pollack for Troy Williamson. Getting a receiver that needs work with a #7 overall... no... Kinda like when the Ravens picked up Travis Taylor.

heh, the vikings have 3 top 10 draft picks as WRs.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MontanaBob said:
Cheesy...my dad used to say " you're like a guy with a paper ***." I'm 63 and still haven't figured out what he meant.
My Father in law used to say that!
Now the "paper brain" my Mom used was self explanatory! LOLOL!!! :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tarkenton10 said:
Randle wasn't the twisted individual I was referring to Cheese.

I'm "twisted?" Why? Because i made a JOKE about a Viqueens fan being happy he wasn't a BEARS fan? Thats twisted? Geez.....lighten up! it was a JOKE!!! :D

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
Swaps said:
You have no idea how much I wished we had a #7 THIS year rather then last year... I'm not really thrilled that we passed up on Derrick Johnson and Shawne Marriman and David Pollack for Troy Williamson. Getting a receiver that needs work with a #7 overall... no... Kinda like when the Ravens picked up Travis Taylor.

yeah i though troy williamson was a very bad pick if theywent WR the Vikings should have picked Mike Williams at least

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you were joking, I was joking back, you need to lighten up. You are not the only person who jokes around!

OP
OP
S

Swaps

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
Swaps said:

yeah i though troy williamson was a very bad pick if theywent WR the Vikings should have picked Mike Williams at least

No. Mike Williams isn't any better.

Members online

Latest posts