Loving watching the bear fans HATE GB winning SB

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some are acting like coherent football fans and giving respect where its due and others seem to be seriously thinking they Packers Super Bowl Championship is tainted by the Bears winning the North.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
give me some links so i can laugh :)

Chicago Bears Message Boards - The Packers Charged??

Here's some good ones:
Ya know guys..I heard a rumor the Packers were going broke last year..maybe THATS why the NFL GAVE em a superbowl??...Maybe THATS why Lovie and Co called those silly plays to lose both those games??
I will not congratulate our enemy!!! Packers were way too lucky in this game, I cannot wait til next year when you guys miss the playoffs all together!

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard the best one the other day. Hands down the best indicator of how and why Bears fans are the way they are.

And please remember this came from a member of the Chicago media.

"The REAL Super Bowl was played between the Bears and Packers in the NFC title game. The Super Bowl with the Steelers was just an exhibition game."

In Chicago, when in doubt, ignore the obvious and painful truth and find a way to glorify any small achievement.....even though the team has failed miserably.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard the best one the other day. Hands down the best indicator of how and why Bears fans are the way they are.

"The REAL Super Bowl was played between the Bears and Packers in the NFC title game. The Super Bowl with the Steelers was just an exhibition game."

In Chicago, when in doubt, ignore the obvious and painful truth and find a way to glorify any small achievement.....even though the team has failed miserably.

eh, Packers won both, so it's moot point...

though it's kinda like the 67 Ice Bowl-Super Bowl 2 :D

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Heh, ok.. So basically he's saying we won it twice? Sweet, I'll take it.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some are acting like coherent football fans and giving respect where its due and others seem to be seriously thinking they Packers Super Bowl Championship is tainted by the Bears winning the North.

****, I'll make that trade any day. I'd even trade an NFC North title for an NFC Championship any day.

It's funny, but this reminds me of some Bears fans I had the good fortune to run into when I was travelling back home to San Diego from New Mexico after the holidays.

Knowing how critical it was for the Packers to win the week 17 matchup, we drove from north of Santa Fe, New Mexico to Flagstaff, AZ in time for me to watch the final Bears/Packers game. The place was just filled with Bears fans, with only a couple Packers fans sprinkled in the group.

After the Packers won, myself and a few other packers fans started an impromptu chant of "The Bears Still Suck!" This did not sit well with the Bears fans, who were all decked out in their NFC North Championship gear. Many of them pointed to their gear like a badge of pride.

"That's OK," I said to one lady, who was being obnoxious about it. "We're going after something much bigger!"

I can only imagine the looks of disgust on their faces this past Sunday Night.

One bright note- How awesome would it be if we played Chicago for the first game of the season? I can only imagine how meaningless and insignificant their NFC North Championship celebration at their first home game would be after witnessing our Super Bowl Championship kick off celebration.

petertosh

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A friend of mine who's a die hard Bears fan text'd me right after the Superbowl and said-

"That game was a fluke if they played a real team like the NFC north champs they wouldn't stand a chance"

I didn't know how to respond.

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Chicago. The only Packer fan among a group of friends who were all Bears fans. I've never been one to talk smack, while they were talking up a storm all season. Now all I do when I see them is smile and they know...says more than words ever could. I just smile and they have absolutely nothing to say. It's glorious!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have also been saying that the Packers were unbelievably lucky that the Giants lost to the Eagles. Keep in mind the absurd amount of lucky things the bears had happen all year long. That is a huge reach. The Eagles and Giants are playing for their division in that game and somehow the result is pure luck for the Pack. This is why when after the game is over this is still the only team and fan base I can not stand.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have put my money where my mouth is...

I have given my brother in law 2 to 1 odds that the Bears do NOT make the playoffs next year.

Why?

They played a 3rd place schedule last year, imagine now that they are "NFC North Champs" and have to play a first place schedule, how well they are going to do. They will have to put their big girl ******* on next year...

My $20 to his $10, sitting in an envelope, taped to the back of the TV...

Easiest sawbuck I ever made...

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A friend of mine who's a die hard Bears fan text'd me right after the Superbowl and said-

"That game was a fluke if they played a real team like the NFC north champs they wouldn't stand a chance"

I would have replied, "Are you referring to that team with the QB that instead of going to Disneyland is going to Oz to ask the Wizard for a heart and some courage?"

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score

you text them back and tell them that they did, twice in 4 weeks
:happy0005::chisux::chisux:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
This guy's blog in the ChicagoTribune is great.

RosenBlog: What the Packers told us about the Bears (hint: uh-oh)

My brother a Bears fan broke; he told me this joke.

A family of bears are in divorce court and the judge asks the baby bear.
Judge - "Do you want to live with your mom?"
Baby Bear "No, she beats me.
Judge "Do you want to live with your dad?"
Baby Bear "No, he beats me too."
Judge "Well who would you want to live with"
Baby Bear "The Chicago Bears because they can't beat anybody"

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have also been saying that the Packers were unbelievably lucky that the Giants lost to the Eagles. Keep in mind the absurd amount of lucky things the bears had happen all year long. That is a huge reach. The Eagles and Giants are playing for their division in that game and somehow the result is pure luck for the Pack. This is why when after the game is over this is still the only team and fan base I can not stand.

I dont care if the Pack was lucky. Luck plays into every sport. A good team needs to be able to capitalize on its lucky breaks. That's what separates champions from the rest. The Bears got a bunch of lucky breaks but were not a good enough team to capitalize on them. The Pack took advantage of its lucky breaks and rode its talent to the end. In the end we're champs and they're chumps.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

:chisux: about sums it up

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not like all season long the bears didn't get off easy, they should have been 9-7 or 10-6, both games they should have lost but the refs came to the rescue. Which ones Detroit should have at lest beaten Chicago at lest once this year, ether WK 1 Detroit 21-Chitown 19, or in Wk 13 Detroit 20, chitown 17.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I was born and raised in Chicago. The only Packer fan among a group of friends who were all Bears fans. I've never been one to talk smack, while they were talking up a storm all season. Now all I do when I see them is smile and they know...says more than words ever could. I just smile and they have absolutely nothing to say. It's glorious!

How did you refrain? I've been talking smack since 5th grade :p As a girl fan, its the only way to survive with the big boys without being considered a mindless idiot

Funny thing is, I was in their (Bears fans) shoes 4 years ago when the Bears went to the Super Bowl. I was already an awkward Freshmen girl in high school, add on top of that me alienating not only my male classmates but my teachers as well throughout the year as a Packers fan while they wore nonstop Bears gear for 3 weeks straight from the NFC Championship game to the Super Bowl. I couldn't bare the thought of them actually winning. My second semester would be a living hell. Luckily, the sane world outside of Chicago all knew it would be a blow out, and thankfully it was.

That was when the Pack went 8-8. The Bears not only actually have to stomach a Packers Super Bowl win, but the fact that they let us get there, TWICE! Coulda stopped us in week 17, coulda stopped us in the Championship game. It must be absolute hell to be a Bears fan.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

And in the "REAL" Super Bowl the Bears lost.

There's no doubt in my mind the Steelers would have murdered them, with or without Cutler it would not have been a factor.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thought the Bears were a favorite this regular season by the NFL's Officiating crew?

EVERYONE knows in Week 1, the Touchdown that wasn't a Touchdown should have been 0-1.

Do i even have to mention them breaking the penalty record against us on Monday Night Football?

Take away one of those loses, the division title would have went to us. Take 'em both away, they would have been 9-7

I haven't thought about this in 3 weeks.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what would be funny?
Packers and Bears face each other again next year in the playoffs. Packers win again!
Or
Somehow things get switched around, the Bears end up in the AFC. Play the Packers in the Superbowl. Packers win!
Or
Packers beat Bears 2nd time during reg. season. Lovie Smith gets fired.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts