Lovie Smith: Why question Cutler but not Woodson and Driver?

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
When Bears quarterback Jay Cutler left the NFC Championship Game after suffering a knee injury, he was widely criticized. Two weeks later, when Packers cornerback Charles Woodson and receiver Donald Driver left the Super Bowl with injuries, no one criticized them. Bears coach Lovie Smith doesn’t get that. “[Woodson] walked off, and he was standing…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
What an idiot. How do you equate a MCL strain with a broken collar bone? Even if there weren't a difference, my dad always taught me that I was not responsible for only I did, but for people's perceptions of me. Cutler's reputation precedes him on and off the field and it is his own fault that he is perceived as a wuss.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lovie needs to answer the question of why his medical staff didn't protect Cutler's knee after taking him out of the game. If he was injured so seriously, it was inappropriate not to protect him with crutches, a knee immobilizer, or both.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lovie = Genius. NOT!!! I'm still celebrating the fact that duh Bears signed this Rhodes Scholar to a contract extension!

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did all they could in while they played. First downs, big tackles, leadership. What leader stands on the sideline all gloomy when his team is trailing in a Conference Championship Game?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The first thing I thought of after reading that was right after the Super Bowl a Chicago sports columnist wrote a column decrying the fact the Packers won the title and since they're younger and have a lot of players coming off IR to re-stock their roster, they are better positioned than the Bears going forward. He added, 'the Packers even do injuries better! Unlike Cutler, Woodson was in a sling on the sideline and Driver was in a boot - no question they were injured.'

The other thing I thought of is how foolish of Lovie to remind Bears fans 1) the Packers won the Super Bowl, 2) they did so after beating the Bears in a game in which 3) his starting QB caused a controversy with his actions on the sideline of that game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
instead of comparing cutlers "injury" to a WR and CB, why not a QB? Why not compare him to Brett Favre not going back in the game at the end of the season? If he would have he would have his answer why Cutler got sh*t

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutler has a track record of terrible body language and falling short when on pressure situations.
Driver and Woodson don't.

Both were on the sidelines cheering for his teammates.

Cutler was sulking on the corner.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lovie, I have never thought ill of you till now. That was stupid.

One of the great images I have of the game is an injured Woodson on the sidelines, starting to lift his arm in the air to celebrate a good play, only to stop short and grimace in pain. The smile returns quickly, though. The man wanted to be on the field more than anything, that was obvious.

As far as Driver, if you have been paying attention the last decade, the man is committed. No way he leaves this game unless it was absolutely necessary.

Gymrat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another reason why nobody questioned Driver or Woodson is the fact they they held up the Lombardi trophy at the end of the game. Cutler couldn't even hold his head up during the game. Nobody is questioning Pouncey's foot/ankle because it is a legitimate injury that we saw him struggle with during the two weeks. Also we can go back and pin-point the plays in which Driver and Woodson were hurt and you can actually see the exact second they were hurt. Cutler himself can't even tell you when he was hurt.

The real question here should be you Lovie. You said when you first got to Chicago that your main goal is to beat the Green Bay Packers and you failed to do that 2 times in a 5 week span. Beat them once out of those 2 times and you are almost guaranteed a Super Bowl spot..
PS. As I was typing this I just saw the Clay Matthews muscle milk commercial.... AWESOME!
:chisux:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts