Lost my respect for CM3...

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've GAINED respect for the guy if that's HIS tat. Think about it, only a real bad*** can get away with that tat.
That's not his tat...

And you're right, I doubt anyone would have the balls to call him a ***** in his face for having that gayish poney tattoo (not that there's anything wrong with that).

But unicorns pissing rainbow and pro football players shouldn't be together.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
it's not CM3's tat lol. And A-Rod IS THE MAN!!! finally a good qb who isnt completley egocentric and doesnt require a private lockerroom....

and Casey needs more hair if he is gonna be in the green n gold, better start growing it out.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Casey Matthews is a beast and whatever team getting him will be getting a CM3 on their hands. If they Packers could get a hold of him, oh my lord. That would be terrifying for anyone else lining up opposite.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Casey Matthews is a beast and whatever team getting him will be getting a CM3 on their hands. If they Packers could get a hold of him, oh my lord. That would be terrifying for anyone else lining up opposite.

Having a duo of Matthews brothers lining up for the Pack would be a dream come true. It'll all depend on how our offseason is put together next year. We have pressing needs at CB, OLB, OL, S. If Casey plays consistently for 1 more season he might warrant a 1st to 2nd round pick which I doubt TT would spend on an ILB.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having a duo of Matthews brothers lining up for the Pack would be a dream come true. It'll all depend on how our offseason is put together next year. We have pressing needs at CB, OLB, OL, S. If Casey plays consistently for 1 more season he might warrant a 1st to 2nd round pick which I doubt TT would spend on an ILB.
Won't Hawk's contract be coming up next year???

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would think that he would spend it on a ILB even over OLB for the simple fact that we have no good young players developing at the position and Barnett is getting older. TT always looks to get young guys in to fill positions before they become a pressing need. We have Jones at OLB, whether you like it or not he is young and showing good promise. They will not replace him unless he takes a major steps backwards this year and none of the other young guys show anything good.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think that he would spend it on a ILB even over OLB for the simple fact that we have no good young players developing at the position and Barnett is getting older. TT always looks to get young guys in to fill positions before they become a pressing need. We have Jones at OLB, whether you like it or not he is young and showing good promise. They will not replace him unless he takes a major steps backwards this year and none of the other young guys show anything good.
Barnett is 2 years older than Rodgers... He's not getting older.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Its not the years, its the mileage! His position takes a lot more punishment. :box:

I am not saying hes used up. I think he has some good years to come.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Barnett is our long term starter, we have Hawk there who TT is very confident about and Chillar just got signed to a contract extension. I don't know about Desmond Bishop and have a feeling he won't be brought back. I doubt TT wants to spend a high pick for a 4th string ILB.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes he is only two years older than Rodgers but he has started almost every game for 8 years compared to 2 years. LB is a very physically demanding position and he will be 30 next year. I am not saying he is going to be replaced soon but injures do happen more often when you get over that 30 hump. I'm just saying I could see TT take an ILB early next year, he always picks some head scratchers and this could be one if the right guy is still there.

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes he is only two years older than Rodgers but he has started almost every game for 8 years compared to 2 years. LB is a very physically demanding position and he will be 30 next year. I am not saying he is going to be replaced soon but injures do happen more often when you get over that 30 hump. I'm just saying I could see TT take an ILB early next year, he always picks some head scratchers and this could be one if the right guy is still there.

It's really early to be talking 2011 draft, but I don't think picking an ILB would be a head scratcher at all. In fact, I would be surprised if they did not select one given Barnett's age, Hawk's contract, and Bishop's frustration with his PT. I think their top picks will be at the skill positions, though - RB, WR, CB. Those positions have been largely neglected in the last two drafts.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really early to be talking 2011 draft, but I don't think picking an ILB would be a head scratcher at all. In fact, I would be surprised if they did not select one given Barnett's age, Hawk's contract, and Bishop's frustration with his PT. I think their top picks will be at the skill positions, though - RB, WR, CB. Those positions have been largely neglected in the last two drafts.

Yeah you gotta select best player available at your needs when you pick at 32

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree that we could very well be picking an ILB with the first pick, I just don't think Barnett is the reason.

This D plays with 2 ILB, and we haven't found a reliable guy opposite Barnett. If we had 2 studs at ILB, this team would be that much improved. It's not like Hawk or Chillar were good last year. They were decent in some areas...

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree that we could very well be picking an ILB with the first pick, I just don't think Barnett is the reason.

This D plays with 2 ILB, and we haven't found a reliable guy opposite Barnett. If we had 2 studs at ILB, this team would be that much improved. It's not like Hawk or Chillar were good last year. They were decent in some areas...

Try out Bishop. I think he could be a surprise. And the staff knows something if they gave Chillar that incentive laden contract. They would not have offered it if he couldn't do it.

I do agree though, Hawk needs to step up a bit in my opinion but I think he is a decent LB at best, not the star we were hoping.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Try out Bishop. I think he could be a surprise. And the staff knows something if they gave Chillar that incentive laden contract. They would not have offered it if he couldn't do it.

I do agree though, Hawk needs to step up a bit in my opinion but I think he is a decent LB at best, not the star we were hoping.

I think Bishop will be a career backup player, nothing really more than that. Maybe he can sub in on certain downs like pass based or nickel formation. However as a full time starter he's absolutely a nightmare. He's slow to pick up the play and takes poor angles on run plays. He's like one of those guys who excel at the lower level but won't really get up to NFL speed. Just look at his performances in the preseason and compare that to how he plays in the regular season. He plays tremendously in the preseason against 2nd and 3rd stringers but fails to make plays against the starters.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's like one of those guys who excel at the lower level but won't really get up to NFL speed. QUOTE]

Sounds like Hawk... OT, but I just thought about that pick off Hasselbeck and the return and I laughed a little... Idk I am just not confident in our MLB's and not because of Barnett but because of who is next to Barnett. Or if he can stay healthy after that injury.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's like one of those guys who excel at the lower level but won't really get up to NFL speed. QUOTE]

Sounds like Hawk... OT, but I just thought about that pick off Hasselbeck and the return and I laughed a little... Idk I am just not confident in our MLB's and not because of Barnett but because of who is next to Barnett. Or if he can stay healthy after that injury.

It's funny that you mention Hawk picking off a pass. I know the Hasselback one was complete BS because it fell right into Hawk's hands. But the other INT he got was a damn good play. Hawk read the route perfectly and turned at the right instant to make the play. It was as if the guy had eyes in the back of his head. You see, that's the type of AJ Hawk everyone is looking for. Problem is, he just doesn't show up like that for every game. If we can get Hawk to become more comfortable with the 3-4 and play like that every time, then finding the guy next to Barnett shouldn't be a problem.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bishop is actually a decent player but he has his strengths and his weaknesses. Unfortunately his weakness is pass coverage so we should stick to putting him in on rushing downs. We did pick up a guy that has some great potential for the future in Alex Joseph. The guy has some amazing numbers

Alex Joseph, (6-2, 240lbs ) ILB, Temple Joseph’s stats include a 4.62 40 time, good 1.63 ten yard time, 33” vertical, and 9’11” broad jump. Where he excels is his agility numbers : 4.09 short shuttle and 6.69 3 cone drill. Those agility numbers are quicker than all ILB prospects and OLB prospects. In fact, Joseph’s three cone drill is quicker than every FS and CB in the 2010 draft, and only two of the top CB’s had better short shuttle times! Considering his size, that is an amazing change of direction ability!

We will have to keep our eyes on this one. Hopefully he will pan out and challenge for a backup position this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts