Loss Today Won't matter . . .

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you are right. We don't play well outdoors or on the road. I don't expect to win a game in Lamblow. I expect Rodgers will exact his revenge. Then again, I expected the Vikes to be in the basement this year, and I did not expect them to make the playoffs. So if they prove me wrong again, I will be amazed and just keep going BARROOOOOO BAROOOOO BARROOOOO

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think so! Very inconsiderate on her part. (I say this all tongue in cheek - I am fully aware that she did not know her wedding reception would fall during a playoff game!)

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
No! My friend's wedding is next Saturday! This is terrible! How can I tactfully leave the reception early without saying it's for the Packer game?
Simple, half hour before the game excuse yourself to the bathroom and come back out saying you vomited. No one, and I mean no one wants a puking guest at a wedding reception. It works really well if you have the nerve to stick you finger down the throat and actually do it. The smell on your breath would be the clincher.

On the other hand, I would be willing to bet that other Packer fans at the reception would want to see the game since you are in Green Bay. They just might make accommodations for you.

BTW, works well if you need the day off from work as well. No one wants anyone who is throwing up at work. Don't just call in sick, call in puking.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
No! My friend's wedding is next Saturday! This is terrible! How can I tactfully leave the reception early without saying it's for the Packer game?

I've got a family Christmas gathering. Too big for anyone's house so, we've got a hall rented. I had my fingers crossed for a win on Sunday ... since that didn't happen, I made the place provide at minimum a 50" TV or we'd cancel (no chance of that..but...) and they came through. I don't like watching a game surrounded by people and kids, but hey, family... as for the wedding...I can promise you that 90% of the men at that wedding will be in the bar watching the game anyway. ( 10% of the men have relinquished their balls to their wife's purse and will stay close to "Momma" to keep her happy ). Fear not!! If you're in NE Wisconsin ... you won't miss that game.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got a family Christmas gathering. Too big for anyone's house so, we've got a hall rented. I had my fingers crossed for a win on Sunday ... since that didn't happen, I made the place provide at minimum a 50" TV or we'd cancel (no chance of that..but...) and they came through. I don't like watching a game surrounded by people and kids, but hey, family... as for the wedding...I can promise you that 90% of the men at that wedding will be in the bar watching the game anyway. ( 10% of the men have relinquished their balls to their wife's purse and will stay close to "Momma" to keep her happy ). Fear not!! If you're in NE Wisconsin ... you won't miss that game.

The wedding is actually in Milwaukee, but I will take your word for it! I will not miss that game. I'm sure they will have a TV showing it... they have to!

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The original poster here is a little too un-concerned. We've got too many guys NOT playing up to an NFL level: Finley, Jennings, Hawk, Burnett, most of the offensive line, at times Aaron himself is spending more time throwing a tantrum than leading on the field. Mike has lost control, and I truly believe if we lose Saturday Mike needs to go, and Mark Murphy needs to take a serious look at Ted for some of the draft choices and busts he's had during his tenure. (Justin Harrell, Nick Perry, Finley, Dietrich-Smith etc.) As well as Jeff Saturday being brought in and now being benched after how much money was spent on his contract? Neither Mike nor Ted can afford to live on 2012 anymore. That was magic, luck and great work done by those two. Since then I've not seen it out of either of them and quite frankly changes need to be made.

And please for those who say Finley isn't a bust, he has been since his knee injury between his drops and attitude.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The original poster here is a little too un-concerned. We've got too many guys NOT playing up to an NFL level: Finley, Jennings, Hawk, Burnett, most of the offensive line, at times Aaron himself is spending more time throwing a tantrum than leading on the field. Mike has lost control, and I truly believe if we lose Saturday Mike needs to go, and Mark Murphy needs to take a serious look at Ted for some of the draft choices and busts he's had during his tenure. (Justin Harrell, Nick Perry, Finley, Dietrich-Smith etc.) As well as Jeff Saturday being brought in and now being benched after how much money was spent on his contract? Neither Mike nor Ted can afford to live on 2012 anymore. That was magic, luck and great work done by those two. Since then I've not seen it out of either of them and quite frankly changes need to be made.

And please for those who say Finley isn't a bust, he has been since his knee injury between his drops and attitude.
I'm officially calling you an idiot. There is nothing more to say and I look forward to when you get bored of complaining and ultimately leave.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm optimistic about the outcome on the game. I just hope we can escape injury free. That's my concern about the extra game plus of course we probably won't get another game at Lambeau.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO saying the loss doesn’t matter is attempting to make the best of a bad situation, but it’s still a bad situation. IMO it’s bad for three reasons:

1. No bye. I listened to some of the WTMJ pre game show and when they talked about being rusty vs. resting players on a bye week Mark Tauscher said it’s a no-brainer, the bye is much more important. I thought so before hearing that but Tauscher is obviously more credible on the subject. Players playing this weekend will at least get beat up, with a chance of getting injured while bye teams watch from their couches.

2. Bears vs. Vikings. The Packers loss of course means the Vikings and not the Bears are in the playoffs. If it came down to it (and it likely wouldn’t have) who do you feel more confident the Packers could beat? And if the Packers win Saturday night as I expect them to, would you rather play the 9ers in SF or GB?

3. Gotta love Lovie. If the Packers beat the Vikings, the Bears wouldn’t have fired Lovie yesterday. Even if they had decided to fire him after their (likely) loss in their first playoff game, they would be farther behind the other teams searching for a new HC. And there would have been more controversy surrounding his firing. And if the Bears would have made the playoffs after going 10-6 perhaps they wouldn’t have fired Lovie. As a Packers fan I hate to see Lovie go!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Nick is a bust?That comment just reeks of being a troll..When we have 2 years of him and he doesnt perform then come back and tell us..I should just stop there, but I can't...

So Jennings is not performing at NFL level? Other then being hurt this year, he has done very well...

Saturday got 7.75 and 4 is due next year, so he got 3 this year..Not really a ton....

EDS has done better than Saturday at center, or don't you agree?

And the magic was 2010, not 2012..How did that typo get by you?

I wont go on about your opinion of Ted's drafts...

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
It's divisional, don't expect them to roll over like a dog, especially when their offense made every big play that they needed to make in that stupid Dome on Sunday. Ponder didn't even do anything in that game, but every deep ball was completed, and Peterson ran all over us.

It's going to come down to a 7 point or less win.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick is a bust?That comment just reeks of being a troll..When we have 2 years of him and he doesnt perform then come back and tell us..I should just stop there, but I can't...

So Jennings is not performing at NFL level? Other then being hurt this year, he has done very well...

Saturday got 7.75 and 4 is due next year, so he got 3 this year..Not really a ton....

EDS has done better than Saturday at center, or don't you agree?

And the magic was 2010, not 2012..How did that typo get by you?

I wont go on about your opinion of Ted's drafts...

Me saying 2012 was magic and luck was a typo. I'm the new guy and the only one that makes them right?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts