Losing Interest In The Upcoming Draft

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Is it just me or is anyone else losing interest in the upcoming draft?
I half expect Goodell to be booed when he goes to the podium.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it just because it gives us more "football" stuff to sift through. Yesterday, after the schedule came out, was the most jibber-jabber on this forum that I've seen in a long time. Bring it on!!!

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Is it just me or is anyone else losing interest in the upcoming draft?
I half expect Goodell to be booed when he goes to the podium.

It's far from the most-anticipated draft I've followed during my time as a fan but I'm still really excited about it. Love the draft.

And I agree with Wood Chipper, I think Goodell will be booed pretty hard.

azpackersfan12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I'll be boing hard from home whenever I see Goodell walk out on stage.

Pretty interested in the draft still though. I always enjoy watching it and seeing who goes where. Plus there's a couple people from my AZ Wildcats turning pro and I want to see where they end up :)

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I love the fact that the draft gives us more NFL "intrigue" and the opportunity to speculate, but yeah, with all the uncertainty surrounding the lockout etc. it is a little difficult to stay excited about the draft. I'd rather know that we're going to have football this fall.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I am the only one, but this is the most excited I have been for the draft for as long as I can remember. It will be the first draft without free agency that I will have seen. It might not be the FIRST draft without free agency ever, but it will be the first for me since I have been watching the draft.

This adds a whole different dimension to the draft. Teams have not been able to start filling in the holes on their rosters with free agents or trades, and they won't be able to trade players for picks. I think this will make some teams a bit more trigger happy when the runs start happening on certain positions. I think this will also make teams more prone to draft for need, rather than drafting the best player available. This can all work in Green Bay's favor, as the Packers don't have many needs, and only a couple of them require immediate help.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Dergameister Meisterderga that I'm more excited for this draft, but for slightly different reasons. We just won the Super Bowl. The core of our team is still young, with a few exceptions. The players that we draft might not just be some players that help the team improve. They could be players that help us build a dynasty. What's more exciting than looking into the future at a few more Lombardi Trophies?

Calhoun Lambeau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are definitely some glaring negatives in this draft, the obvious lack of talent, the obvious lack of QB talent specifically, and the fact that players can't be traded. But for someone like me who loves the draft, i'll watch, I took off work for it.

The most interesting thing for me is seeing where Ingram/Bowers fall, and who we take. Icing on the cake is seeing the fan reaction when Goodell goes to the podium. I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL/ESPN filled the stands with supporters, or drugged the people in attendance for a favorable TV product....

It's not going to be a great draft because of the players in it, but the side-show factor could be interesting.

Unfortunately as always all the drama will be taken out of it because ESPN will have camera's in every prospects house/draft table, so we'll know the pick before it happens....idiots.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm more than a little surprised to see fans saying they're losing interest in the draft. This is the oasis in the desert that is the NFL/NFLPA conflict. It's very likely we won't be reading about, hearing about, or watching OTAs and minicamp activities for quite some time. No players can be signed as free agents and no players can be traded until a CBA agreement is reached (or the courts intervene). Training camps may not start on time so THIS IS IT as far as real Packers news is concerned for quite some time. Better savor it or put your Packer fandom on the back, back burner.

The only reason to be less interested IMO is because the Packers pick so late, but the reason they are is a reason to stay excited.

BTW, Calhoun Lambeau "obvious lack of talent" in this draft? Really? I'll go out on a limb and guess a few years down the road we'll look back at this draft and judge it to be made up of about average talent.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the possibility of no season makes draft kinda useless so most laid back fans don't care. It's only the hardcore ones that want to see what positions of talent are being added and really nothing else but that at the moment. They need to get their act together like now. Both owners and players make billions and millions either way you look at it that's a ton of money. Unless you're stupid you can live off of that for an entire life if you save and spend right so no need to be greedy.

Members online

Latest posts