Losing a home game on the frozen tundra?

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's out of conference play they should just throw two teams who are away. There shouldn't be any need to take home games away for this and jeopardize a teams run for the SB just to expand Int'l lore.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
If it's out of conference play they should just throw two teams who are away. There shouldn't be any need to take home games away for this and jeopardize a teams run for the SB just to expand Int'l lore.

I believe that mathematically, it HAS to be a home game for one team, why not make it for the teams that CAN'T fill their stadiums. For example, when GBP plays the AZ cardinals IN arizona, send that game over to Germany.

Otherwise, I say the home games stay at home. That's the lore.

Does the Tour de France take a leg through the US? No, if I wanna go see the world's greatest bike race, I have to go to Germany. Hence, if I want to see the worlds greatest football, I Have to go to Green Bay.

Btw, when I read this thread title, I thought it was going to be on the subject of Sherman's legacy... Losing Home Games. :)

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the Cardinals are selling games out with their new stadium. Also it wouldn't be very smart to export the crappier teams. They are trying to reach a larger audience and nobody wants to see a suckfest. Arizona and San Francisco in Mexico made sense because they are teams that are close to Mexico.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons said:
calicheesehead said:

I believe that mathematically, it HAS to be a home game for one team, why not make it for the teams that CAN'T fill their stadiums. For example, when GBP plays the AZ cardinals IN arizona, send that game over to Germany.

Otherwise, I say the home games stay at home. That's the lore.

Does the Tour de France take a leg through the US? No, if I wanna go see the world's greatest bike race, I have to go to Germany. Hence, if I want to see the worlds greatest football, I Have to go to Green Bay.

Btw, when I read this thread title, I thought it was going to be on the subject of Sherman's legacy... Losing Home Games. :)

lol you know that Tour de France mainly runs in France? :p

And they go international, next year they have prolouge and the first stage in England, they also visit Switzerland and Germany!

But the idea of Tour de France is to ride through France, however they go international to the extent this is possible, it wouldn't be possible to have a stage in the US because of the distance, they would have to move a hell of a lot of equipment in just a day and it wouldn't be possible.

This is a problem the NFL doesn't have.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point about the TdF is as follows. If I want to go see an internationally known event, I'll travel to it and not expect it to travel to me. I would expect the same of football fans.

I think all regular season games should be played at the hosting teams stadium.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it is about the money, always has been. As for most fans go, I don't think it would matter because most fans don't see the games live at Lambeau Field.

One factor that will affect Season Ticket holders, the Packers do have games split between two sets of packages. What if the "Milwaukee" ticket package lost one of their games? I can hear the screamng now, they'd be left with only one regular season game. I can hear the screaming if the Green Bay package loses a game. But since the vast majority of Packer fans do not have season tickets, I doubt if the screaming will be heard.

Would be interesting to see how the scenario would play itself out.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Timmons made a GREAT point. IF they are gonna do it, take a team that can't sell out it's home games, and make THEM have their game in a different country.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wooohhh Whoo whooohh whoo... great point by me!

Which teams in the NFL can't sell out their home games? I put the cardinals on top of that list, but that's because I live in AZ and they're not popular here. Who else doesn't have any home crowd draw?

Sending the Packers overseas is a compliment and an insult all at the same time. I can see why they would think the Pack is a good choice due to their history and following, but to cost the season ticket holders a home game to do this... I don't think it would fly.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you need to lose a home game. Take 8 home games and leave them alone. Now you schedule 7 away games and 1 really far away game. Take the 16 top teams you want to promote through the Int'l microscope and whalah you have 8 contests will all 16 teams having their home games intact. I think this would work if you paired the NFC vs AFC. This way the conference opponents don't get screwed up.
BTW- Tour de France in Germany....that's rich!

Members online

Latest posts