Looks like we need to re-buy all our Packers jerseys in 2012...

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nike Is Awarded NFL Apparel License for 2012, Ending Reebok's 12-Year Run - Bloomberg

Nike Inc., the world’s largest sporting-goods maker, won the license to make National Football League-branded apparel and uniforms, replacing Reebok.

NFL owners approved a licensing deal with Nike that will begin in 2012, the league said in an e-mailed statement today. Reebok, which was acquired by Adidas AG in 2006, has held the license since 2001.

Reebok’s NFL license represents about $350 million of its $565 million in U.S. apparel revenue, Kate McShane, an analyst at Citigroup Inc. in New York, wrote in a note to investors yesterday. The license may boost Nike’s earnings per share by as much as 3 percent in 2012, said McShane, who is based in New York and has a “buy” rating on the shares.

Nike had the resources and is willing to pay for it, Chris Svezia, an analyst for Susquehanna Financial Group in New York, said in an interview. “Is it game-changing for them? No. $300 million to $500 million is 2 percent to 3 percent of global revenue. That’s small.” Svezia has a “neutral” rating on the shares.

Nike, based in Beaverton, Oregon, rose 27 cents to $82.25 at 11:34 a.m. in New York Stock Exchange composite trading. Adidas, based in Herzogenaurach, Germany, fell 1.3 percent in Frankfurt trading.

“If we lose the NFL it won’t make or break our company,” Adidas Chief Executive Officer Herbert Hainer told CNBC on Sept. 29.

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we need to "rebuy" our jerseys? It's not like we'll be put in jail with having the Adidas logo on our jerseys.

This is great for the US--Many companies, products, etc, have been leaving the US, and now we just stole a product from a European country,... Good. Great for Nike.

Lets just hope they are cheaper and better quality than the Adidas ish.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Why would we need to "rebuy" our jerseys? It's not like we'll be put in jail with having the Adidas logo on our jerseys.

This is great for the US--Many companies, products, etc, have been leaving the US, and now we just stole a product from a European country,... Good. Great for Nike.

It would be good for the US if all of Nike's factories weren't in 3rd world countries, haha.

Regardless, I don't see why we can't wear our Reebok jerseys?

4EvasBiggestFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ugh, as long as Nike doesn't try to do some crazy stuff like they have with college football (read: Oregon, Boise State, VT)

I wish CCM would win the bidding war for the NHL jersey's again. The Reebok material is awful.

OP
OP
PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I meant for the sheer fact as to 'keep up' with the change, so to speak.

Chill out.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
LOL... I will be buying the NIKE ones when they come out... So all you folks that will still wear the REEBOK ones be on the lookout as my collection will go on sale!!! :)

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
LOL... I will be buying the NIKE ones when they come out... So all you folks that will still wear the REEBOK ones be on the lookout as my collection will go on sale!!! :)
Even though you're joking....but,geez! -facepalm- haha

Who actually buys em anymore? I just download em..........(ummmm, huh?)

EDIT:Holla! Im an Undrafted Free Agent now :)

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing when I was reading the news about the Nike deal. Last time Nike had the Packers jerseys our stripes went from 5 to 3. Also it may end Jermichael Finley's special jersey. (If you haven't noticed it, the Giants all wear them)

Personally I am hoping that they change the sleeve stripes on their away jerseys to green yellow green, with no white in between. What I am not hoping for is that they replace the stripes with the Packers G, and make our jerseys look like the cheap WalMart jerseys.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. What they've done with college football jerseys is just terrible.
"""The company also plans to bring to the NFL its Pro Combat uniforms, which it now provides to college teams, Denson said. The uniforms are lightweight with a fitted, superhero look, the company said in a statement last month.""""
Lame...

4EvasBiggestFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great. This is going to end well.

Pro Combat style inspired to give a Superhero look + Giving teams total creative control = disaster. There are going to be unnecessary lines, stripes, and God forbid shoulder and chest logos/numbers. Teams most likely to commit those crimes

--Lions--They spruced up the logo, why not modernize the uniform too?
--Seahwaks--their new darkers colors are alright, but with Nike involved we could see a ton more of that neon green lashing it's ugly head.
--Browns-- I could see a little bulldog pop up somewhere on that uniform
--Jets-- I would pictures this as being a team using some sort of airplane design going down the side of the pants. Or the old logo from the 90's.
--Jaguars-- see Jets, but with a Jaguar
--Panthers-- Their carolina blue would get mashed up somehow.
--Ravens-- They have a good color scheme right now, but check out Boise States uniform from their first game and then plug in the Ravens colors. Purple and Black in nonsense locations.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Nike.Lower.Prices,?, hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha
Nike sucks, dude.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
On the plus side (look at me, all glass half full and junk!) New Era's making the hats now.

Now, that's a great decision. Reebok's hats weren't great. I have full confidence New Era will rock.

New Era, for the uninformed, make MLB's hats and all the insanely awesome color variations of those MLB team hats. Colors that don't make sense are fine in a hat, I just fear Nike will do that to uniforms.

4EvasBiggestFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thank God New Era will be making the hats, they always keep the designs tasteful. Finally might be able to find a Dolphins hat in all black with the color logo!

Members online

Latest posts