Looking to the offseaon already..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Dream a little dream, Barnett in the middle, Hawk on the sam, and Vilma at the Wil... and Poppinga able to backup any of the spots.. talk about a lbacking core.. Vilma is signed through the 09 season on the backend of his rookie deal. Wonder what the asking price will be?

SI truth and rumors said:
Sources: Jets trying to trade Vilma
Posted: Wednesday November 07, 2007 07:14AM ET
With Jonathan Vilma's replacement, rookie David Harris, having recorded 41 tackles in the two games he's started and playing markedly better than Vilma, the question about whether Vilma will even be a Jet next season become a legitimate topic of conversation. Vilma, signed through the 2009 season, is definite trade bait. Sources have told The Post the Jets have talked to more than one team about trading him. Speculation about why his season ended prematurely has run rampant, including that the Jets wanted to put Vilma on injured reserve so he couldn't further damage his trade value.

Not complaining about our current core, but that might be a little more dynamic group and maybe cut down on the TE tearing us apart.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two words....one name....Michael Turner.

All it takes is money next year, whereas this year it would be money and highdraft picks. I think TT goes for Turner, and concentrates high picks on the secondary and OL, in no particular order.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score

All it takes is money next year, whereas this year it would be money and highdraft picks. I think TT goes for Turner, and concentrates high picks on the secondary and OL, in no particular order.

As much as I would love the thought of the "Burner" in Green Bay, based on the track record so far.. I would bet on a 1st round running back before MT in Green Bay. The contract the Turner is going to get this offseason is going to be massive.. If Gruden is in Tampa this offseason.. it will be sunny skies for Turner.

Any buyers of a smashed up Caddy?

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Didn't realize the season was over.

Never said it was... but don't you think we are scouting and planning for next season.. hmmm???

I think the title of the thread was self explanatory.. don't like it.. move on. :)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

as usual, i agree.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:

As much as I would love the thought of the "Burner" in Green Bay, based on the track record so far.. I would bet on a 1st round running back before MT in Green Bay. The contract the Turner is going to get this offseason is going to be massive.. If Gruden is in Tampa this offseason.. it will be sunny skies for Turner.

Any buyers of a smashed up Caddy?

I got to go with Pack93z here, even though I do want Turner. I'm thinking we might get an RB 1st or 2nd round, and some OL help. I was really liking Wynn, but man, that guy spends more time on ice than on the field.

Also, we're going to need CBs. I'm feeling that there's a drop off after Harris and Woodson that is significant.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk at SAM would be a huge mistake in my opinion. We'd be wasting a lot of his talent. I'm all for an upgrade over Poppinga but not at the expense of moving Barnett or Hawk right now.

Michael Turner is probably at the top of my wish list in free agency. If we don't go for him which is highly likely then I'm hoping for Jonathan Stewart. I was on the Marshawn Lynch bandwagon last off season and that ended up washing out and I'm already starting the Stewart bandwagon and he hasn't declared for the draft yet.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Hawk at SAM would be a huge mistake in my opinion. We'd be wasting a lot of his talent. I'm all for an upgrade over Poppinga but not at the expense of moving Barnett or Hawk right now.

Curious to hear your opinion on that... he plays a decent coverage, strong enough to jam on passin plays and blow up a tight end block on running plays.. and doesn't at this point seem to like playing in space moreso..

Your thoughts...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Michael Turner is probably at the top of my wish list in free agency. If we don't go for him which is highly likely then I'm hoping for Jonathan Stewart. I was on the Marshawn Lynch bandwagon last off season and that ended up washing out and I'm already starting the Stewart bandwagon and he hasn't declared for the draft yet.

for clarification, are you saying that it's likely that the Packers do go after Turner, or that they don't go after Turner?

Personally, I don't know if we'll end up signing Turner, but I do feel confident that there will be a big free agent brought in over the offseason.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Personally, I don't know if we'll end up signing Turner, but I do feel confident that there will be a big free agent brought in over the offseason.

With the Oline play on this team, think that it may be a guard being brought in.. via trade or even break'n open the bank and signing one?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, i do. i am a firm believer that the O and D line are the backbone of the team. The O-line needs improvement, and i think an anchor Guard will go a long way.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont liike lookin ahead beyond this game./.... the offseason will come and business will be handled accordingly, we arnt GM's

Im only concerned about Sunday vs. Vikings

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of the foolish media who will soon be like "Will Favre Retire after this year?" and every question posed to favre will be about retirement. And 99% of the people here will be like "give it a rest, jeez, the season isn't even over yet. Talk about now."

I don't get why people want to talk about the offseason NOW. The team is 7-1, we have a rival game, a former player talking trash, a rookie safety about to play, a possible emerging RB.....yet....offseason. Ok.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im with you tro.....its foolish, and accomplioshes nothing, its too early for draft talk, its too early for free agency, and its too early for favre retirement talk lol

:)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of the foolish media who will soon be like "Will Favre Retire after this year?" and every question posed to favre will be about retirement. And 99% of the people here will be like "give it a rest, jeez, the season isn't even over yet. Talk about now."

I don't get why people want to talk about the offseason NOW. The team is 7-1, we have a rival game, a former player talking trash, a rookie safety about to play, a possible emerging RB.....yet....offseason. Ok.

start some threads about that stuff, and i'll talk about that stuff.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im with you tro.....its foolish, and accomplioshes nothing, its too early for draft talk, its too early for free agency, and its too early for favre retirement talk lol

:)

so you're saying that us talking about the upcoming game accomplishes more than us talking about potential free agents? Because I was under the impression that nothing we discuss on here accomplishes anything other than wasted time. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all im saying is the draft projections change up to 2o minutes before the draft......free agency hasy yet to begin, draft order has not been determined....... and its the middle of the fricken season

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Sharper Talking Trash <------
Ryan Grant thread <-------------
Aaron Rouse gets his first start <-----
Vikings vs. Packers this week! <-----

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
tromadz said:

Sharper Talking Trash <------
Ryan Grant thread <-------------
Aaron Rouse gets his first start <-----
Vikings vs. Packers this week! <-----

kinda walked into that one, didn't I?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

for clarification, are you saying that it's likely that the Packers do go after Turner, or that they don't go after Turner?

TT's got his own style. Whether we agree with it or not he's going to do what he believes is best. So far it's working. His style is building through the Draft for the most part. I don't think he'll get into a bidding war for Turner. I could be wrong though because it would make sense for the Pack to go for him and Turner grew up in the mid west so he's familiar sort of familiar with the area. I'm not anticipating Michael Turner in Green and Gold next year.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, we (me, brother, mom, dad, and 2 family friends) are staying in Appleton on saturday night and getting up nice and early so as to take in the festivities sunday morning. we're also gonna tour the museum and whatnot on saturday because it is our friends' first trip to lambeau (they're Vikings fans, but very respectful of the Packers and Favre). I'll be the guy with the shaggy hair, black glasses and #77 Packer jersey with "Anderson" on the back. Yell at me if you see me!

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok cool ill be there bright and early drinking and eating hot chilli preparing myself for the game

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts