Looking for some help

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi my name is Scott. I live in Peosta Iowa and have been a packer fan ALL of my life. As we know LIFE is much greater than football and that brings me to this. A guy I play softball with has a little girl who was given 6 to 12 months to live now I don't want to get into what this is here, but I am willing to go into detail with anyone who can help. We are gonna have a benefit Feb 24th in Dubuque, Iowa for the family. What I'm trying to do is get items for a silent auction, I know the Packers don't do stuff like that if you live outside the state but I'm thinking that someone here must know somebody that can help me with them!? I don't know if players see thios stuff or anyone who works with the Packers Ticket folks, pro-shop anyone who can help! I know this sounds like a scam but I promise it isn't. Feel free to call me at my work number 800-747-4042 and ask for Scott and I'll go into more detail with you. I know we Packer fans are the best and I'm just trying to help a family that will soon be one short.

Thank you,
Scott B

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scott, sorry I can't be of more help since the site is so young I don't have any real "in's" anywhere yet. I will however pass this on to the packers.com webmaster whom I have spoken with a few times and see if he would possibly have someone that could do something.

*Edit: As this supersedes the game of football and the rules of the house here, I am going to move this into the Packers Fan Forum and make it an Announcement to hopefully have a few more eyes laid on it.

Note: You may want to talk to IPBPrez, he has a large club and may have someone you could contact.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a member of the Packers' official fan club so I'll check with some folks there, including the director of the club who's usually quite helpful in this regard. You also might want to try officialbrettfavre.com. Brett often donates to these kinds of things, especially if the illness is cancer related.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is not the material things, it is not the crying sympathy, what she would like is to be loved, respected, and apreciated in fun activities with friends.

There is a world of things she has not yet discovered. Continued learning about things will keep life fresh.

Reaction score
cheesyscot said:
Hi my name is Scott. I live in Peosta Iowa and have been a packer fan ALL of my life. As we know LIFE is much greater than football and that brings me to this. A guy I play softball with has a little girl who was given 6 to 12 months to live now I don't want to get into what this is here, but I am willing to go into detail with anyone who can help. We are gonna have a benefit Feb 24th in Dubuque, Iowa for the family. What I'm trying to do is get items for a silent auction, I know the Packers don't do stuff like that if you live outside the state but I'm thinking that someone here must know somebody that can help me with them!? I don't know if players see thios stuff or anyone who works with the Packers Ticket folks, pro-shop anyone who can help! I know this sounds like a scam but I promise it isn't. Feel free to call me at my work number 800-747-4042 and ask for Scott and I'll go into more detail with you. I know we Packer fans are the best and I'm just trying to help a family that will soon be one short.

Thank you,
Scott B

Hi Scott.

I have an item you may like. please email me. Bear in mind though, I live in the UK so i'll need two weeks notice to get it to you

thanks

Dan

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez here ----

I hadn't read this item until now - sorry for the delay.

I would offer that this might be something that the Brett Favre Fourward Foundation might be willing to get involved with. I would suggest going to Brett's official web site -- www.officialbrettfavre.com -- and look for the link to his foundation.

Since you're asking for something rather aside from the usual 'we need money' routine.. Several of the Packer Player Foundations, including LeRoy Butler may want to group together and come up with some special ideas.

Awhile back - on the Official-BF Site, there was some interaction by Brett with a young tyke, by the name of Christopher (who, sadly, died very recently). Great kid, who had the chance to meet Brett, etc., and spend some final days truly enjoying some dreams come true.

I'll see if I can find a listing of several Foundations that are nearby.
Brett Favre - http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/index ... &Itemid=27

Brett Favre Fourward Foundation
Beth Seymour Executive Director
1 Willow Bend
Hattiesburg, MS 39402

Donald Driver - http://www.donalddriverfoundation.com
Santana Dotson - http://www.santanadotson.com

LeRoy Butler - http://www.leroybutlerfoundation.org/ (for breast cancer)
[LeRoy may be adept at getting many of the Players to group together and assist you with your request - that's why I added him to the list.]

Nick Collins - (I have his web site earmarked at home)

These are just a few that I can think of without much searching. Stay tuned, I'll have to invest some time in researching further.

Possibly - could you provide more info on the situation?

TONY/IPBprez

PS: Majik Man / Don Majikowski - would be another great connection for Silent auction items.....

OP
OP
C

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Ip,
Yeah I've made some headway. We have a louis Aguiar game worn jerrsey WHICH IS WAY COOL and a mini helment coming with a few autographs and a 3rd year sterling sharpe card also with a autograph. I've been in contact with The butlet foundation and others but it's tough. I know they get some many people asking for stuff so any help we get is great. We have a ton of stuff from local business's in Dubuque along with a steve young pic, albert pujols pic and some stuff coming from marino, young and the esiason foundation. I also want to say we have something coming from Jim Kelly and the hunter foundation. The dealership I work for prvides cars for the university of iowa and i've gotten a Kirk Farentz autographed football. And as we speak I'm trying to line up a trip on our local Bud Bus to a cub game. I know what I asked in here was tough but I knew that packer fans are the greatest and would do anything to help if asked, but truth be told most people would. But yeah I'd say the site has been a big help because we've gotten three auction items we wouldn't have gotten with out it. Thanks for asking and I can provide a full list of auction items if wanted.

Thanks,
SB

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW!! that is wonderful news!! i'm so glad you've been able to get all that great memorabilia to auction off.

how is your friends little girl doing at this point? i still cannot for the life of me imagine having sick child, let alone losing one. they are fortunate to have a friend like you to help them through it all.

best of luck for the auction. will be thinking about y'all on the 24th!

Reaction score
cheesyscot said:
Hi Ip,
Yeah I've made some headway. We have a louis Aguiar game worn jerrsey WHICH IS WAY COOL and a mini helment coming with a few autographs and a 3rd year sterling sharpe card also with a autograph. I've been in contact with The butlet foundation and others but it's tough. I know they get some many people asking for stuff so any help we get is great. We have a ton of stuff from local business's in Dubuque along with a steve young pic, albert pujols pic and some stuff coming from marino, young and the esiason foundation. I also want to say we have something coming from Jim Kelly and the hunter foundation. The dealership I work for prvides cars for the university of iowa and i've gotten a Kirk Farentz autographed football. And as we speak I'm trying to line up a trip on our local Bud Bus to a cub game. I know what I asked in here was tough but I knew that packer fans are the greatest and would do anything to help if asked, but truth be told most people would. But yeah I'd say the site has been a big help because we've gotten three auction items we wouldn't have gotten with out it. Thanks for asking and I can provide a full list of auction items if wanted.

Thanks,
SB

Hey Scott, great news you got all that stuff, keeping fingers crossed its a good turnout.

Let me know how the jersey goes.

cheers

Dan

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just bumping this up to wish Scott a very successful auction!!!! can't wait to hear how it all goes! :jumpsmile: :cross: :cheerleader:

Members online

Latest posts