Looking for fellow Packer Backersto help with research study

Hot44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I started following the Pack closely when I went to middle school in the 1989 season -- when Infanti had a rather good start -- and then came Favre and I was beyond hooked. The Packers are an integral part of how my family gets along, and I want them to beat the Pats so badly I can taste it! I really do think that the Pack is God's Team and the Pats are the Devil's Team -- how can you cheat, get caught doing so, and still get accolades!

But my real purpose here today is more academic -- I'm conducting a study about people's experiences with things through the media meant for one or the other gender -- and football has typically been thought of as a male thing. But as a Packers fan, I've never seen this to be very strict -- my grandmother and great-aunt were even on TV once singing the old fight song!

So my purpose in posting this message is to ask your help for a study we are conducting. Our study is concerned with people's experiences with materials and contents that come to them via any mass media -- television shows and movies of any kind, video and computer games, music of any kind, internet sites, newspaper and magazine content of any kind, novels, comics and graphic books, and radio shows of any kind.

You have probably noticed that some things that come to you in the media are more directed to one gender -- some seem meant for or directed to men or boys while some seem meant for or directed to women or girls.

We want you to tell us how you see these kinds of media as being directed to one gender or the other, and how you have experienced them in your life. So we are looking to talk to both men and women -- anyone who's ever used any media at any point in their lives.

To gather these experiences, I am conducting interviews. If you agree to participate in the interview, you will be given a worksheet to list your experiences with these types of media. This worksheet will be used to structure the interview. The interviews will be over the phone or in person, at a time of your convenience, and should last between 90-120 minutes.

Because these are your actual experiences with such media, there is no right or wrong answer. You also don't have to worry about talking about something you would rather not, and you can feel free to go into as much depth and detail as you would like.

All participants in the study need to be at least 18 years of age. If you are interested in being interviewed on this subject, please contact me, CarrieLynn Reinhard, at [email protected] or [email protected].

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts