Looking Back

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to mix things up abit after the Long talk of FA and other things with a look back at GB in the 90's and Players I feel had large contributing factors.

No Order of importance folks just numbering to keep it straight in my head

1. Favre- nuff said

2. Edgar Bennet- The guy was a mudder would not kill you in the razzle dazzle department but could chug up the yards.

3. Sterling Sharpe- While not here for a long time he was instrumental in the development of Favre. Carreer cut way to short.

4. Leroy Butler- Guy was straight up I think next to reggie white the best D Player. Was a field general and I think what the Pack has missed since he left.

5. Reggie White next to Favre one of the biggest reasons the Pack went to the Suberbowls.

6. Kieth Jackson Shows how important "The Other guy is on two tight end sets.

7 Chumura- Carreer cut short but was an excelent possesion TE would take the wicked hits and keep getting up.

8. Desmond Howard- while his MVP award was debateable in the SB he was a huge catalsyt for the Pack in Special Teams

9. MIke Holmgren- If the ever was a case for the right person at the right time it was him.

10. Ron Wolf- Probaly one of the best GM's in the business had a nack for finding the diamond in the rough.

While this list is hardly complete I feel these are the biggest players for the pack.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"T-Buck" my ***...

11. Dorsey "The Horse" Levens...
12. Andre "I threw my ring in the Fox River" Rison...
13. Eugene "I thought she was a church lady" Robinson...
14. Santana "Oye Como Va" Dotson...
15. Don "Look Ma..I finally won a Super Bowl" Beebe..!

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Almost sounds like the "old timer" Packer fans of my generation including me ,always looking continually back to Glory Years of the 1960's all during the era of 1968-1991 . Personally, I am done looking back, It was done enough after the Lombardi era. I am going to stay upbeat, I will not let a little thing like one 4-12 season get me down after 13 non losing seasons

This is the new century in NFL. The era of Competitive balance/Parity (with FA and salary cap) where a team can go 4-12 and next year be 12-4,. A team can be 7-9 one year and be 15-1 the next year with a rookie QB and then win the Super Bowl. the next.

Anything can happen in the NFL in '06. Sorry Pf Posters on this topic. I pass!! My looking back times ended in 1991!!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ron Wolf is where the other items start.
Reggie should be ahead of Sterling Sharpe and Leroy.
Edgar after Chumura

Mike brought in a pretty talented group of assistants that have become head coaches.

It takes a lot of talent to be successful in the NFL.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts