Looking at the bright side

showgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least the team was in the game today. It's an improvement.

Also, the kickoffs were much better than previous years.

Just trying to be positive...

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
showgirl said:

Kampmann and Driver had a good day as well.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Good :

- AJ Hawk seemed more active and comfortable !!
- Kampman looked fantastic again !!!
- Driver - 8 receptions for 153 yards - Amazing as always !!!
- Brett - 31 / 55 for 340 yards and 3 TD's - Who says he is too old again !!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lot of good bright spots. The sad part of this game is the two turning points came off of mistakes by 2 of our best players. Favre was trying to throw it away and it was picked. Hendo wasn't open like some blind fans seem to think. McCarthy even said Hendo was covered and Favre was looking to chuck it out of the stands. In my opinion you take a sack and and go from there. Taken a sack wouldn't of put us out of field goal range. It was 1st and goal. Outside of that yes, Favre played as good as a game as you can hope for out of your QB. Maybe not the best decision on his part but give credit to the hustle by the Saints defender on him as well hitting him as he threw.

Green's fumble really hurt us but watching him it looked as if it was going to happen. I thought he was due for a fumble and it just happen at a critcal time.

Those 2 plays are the plays that I look back and those really put us in a bind.

Overall though I agree with the above post. Things looked better and now it's time for a W next week against the Lions. Philly the week after and the Rams come to town the week after that might give us some problems.

Canadian packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys this is again against the Saints.... We lost the game. Every game even if they lose there are bright spots... Plain in simple winning is the only thing that matters. Even if the packers lose by 1 point a loss is a loss. I am just frustrated because we were spoiled for 12 years with being in the playoff... I love the packers but I hate when they are losing.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
showgirl said:

Showgirl - thanks for the post. I like positive.

Driver looked excellent. Kampman also did. If our team played as hard as those two, we'd win some games.

Favre had a good game. 300+ yards and 3 TDs. Could have been four, but he got hit as he threw one pass that got intercepted in the end zone. Actually, that made the difference in the game.

Our bad spots are our pass defense and our running game. The OL didn't open up any holes for Green. He had nothing to work with.

But on the bright side, there was plenty to be positive about.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i couldn't watch the game cause...i live too close to friggin chi-town BUT, it does sound like there were several positives this game. i'm looking forward to continuing progress throughout the season.

i think the approach i took at the beginning of the year is paying off. i was called negative & some questioned my loyalty BUT i'm not freaking out over the losses because, quite honestly, i feel they are to be expected.

here's to getting better each game!! :)

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bright Side - Kickoffs! Robinson is gonna break one soon. As it was it's a big improvement

Dark Side - Too many chances for Robinson!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts