Looking ahead to the Bears game

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the hope that this game will still mean something may I suggest the coaches/players review film of the 1st half of the AZ-CHI game and the 2nd half and OT of yesterdays TB-CHI game and plan/play accordingly?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears have given up 58 in the last two and as I posted previously they can be had. They are not the same without Brown and Harris and with Tank having his problems this is not the same team.

We have to bring a rush and Brett's A game along in order to win.

Rex can win it for them when he has time but he darn well can lose and look ugly doing it when he gets pressured.

We need Brett to come up big these last two. Minny will give up the pass but not the run. I'm glad it's their guys traveling after three days rest and not ours. It's hard to win on the road let alone after three days rest.

Brett usually snaps back after a bad one and we can hope he continues to add to his Soldiers Field stats when that day comes.

Key Stat: +2

If I read the stats correctly we have 29 turnovers and 31 takeaways and we have been averaging at least two INT's a game for awhile now.

2 more wins gets us to 8-8 which is not bad considering we GAVE away at least 2 games. The Giants need to lose 2.

2 is a big number right now.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 is even bigger because the only chance we have is if the Bears rest key starters and play their second string team.

I'd give anything to see the Pack humble the Bears, but to think that we can beat a 12-2 team when we've struggled with anything close to .500 is to my mind pie in the sky.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It always happens that playoff teams save their big guns for the playoffs and play the second stringers. With that, we could have a chance.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of "Looking Ahead" to the Bears -- not until the Vikes are taken care of. We almost overlooked the Lions this week.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears have given up 58 in the last two and as I posted previously they can be had. They are not the same without Brown and Harris and with Tank having his problems this is not the same team.

Rex can win it for them when he has time but he darn well can lose and look ugly doing it when he gets pressured.

They also had Nate Vasher and Todd Johnson out in the secondary for both of those games. The Bears dominated Tampa for most of the game and then got complacent on defense when they were up by 21 points.

The Bucs blitzed Grossman all day. He just went back to dumping the ball off to the Fullback and Tight Ends the way he did at the start of the season.
Grossman has 4 TDs, 539 yards, zero INTs and a passer rating of 109.35 over the last 2 games.

He is the only QB in the NFL who has had a passer rating over 100 seven times this season. While the Bears have given up 52 points in those games they have scored 73.
The Chargers are the only team to have scored more points than the Bears this season and the Packers have no defense.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:

They also had Nate Vasher and Todd Johnson out in the secondary for both of those games. The Bears dominated Tampa for most of the game and then got complacent on defense when they were up by 21 points.

The Bucs blitzed Grossman all day. He just went back to dumping the ball off to the Fullback and Tight Ends the way he did at the start of the season.
Grossman has 4 TDs, 539 yards, zero INTs and a passer rating of 109.35 over the last 2 games.

He is the only QB in the NFL who has had a passer rating over 100 seven times this season. While the Bears have given up 52 points in those games they have scored 73.
The Chargers are the only team to have scored more points than the Bears this season and the Packers have no defense.

It should also be mentioned that one Rex Grossman is UNDEFEATED vs. the Packers. And that the Bears SHUT OUT the Pack at home earlier this year. 26-0

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you act as if grossman has played vs GB like 10 times....

get a hold of your life, and accept the bears are 1 and done in the playoffs, son.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WTF!! Why the hell are we talking about dah bears when we've got Minny coming to town in a couple days?? Forget about them for now!

That game won't matter if they can't get things done on Thursday. Considering how crappy this team has played at home this season, they need to concentrate on playing a solid game. Minny is likely going to start their rookie QB, who is very mobile and has a big arm. We still have problems against mobile QBs, so we need to be ready.

If this team can take care of the business on Thursday, then it will be worthwhile to discuss dah bears. Personally I would be very surprised to see Chica-go rest their players in that game. They've got 2 weeks before the next game and it would suck to lose their last game, at home, to their biggest rival. Of course I hope they're stupid enough to do it, but I don't think it will happen.

GO PACK GO!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
First those who say we shouldn't look ahead, I fully agree.

It always happens that playoff teams save their big guns for the playoffs and play the second stringers. With that, we could have a chance.

With what happened last year to the Colts, don't expect too many teams to sit their 'stars' this year or any year after. The players on the Colts said 'we lost our edge' by not playing. I expect the Bears to lighten up this next game, but to have their players playing 2-3 quarters vs the Packers and ... well that's probably gonna be enough to beat us :(

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
...They've got 2 weeks before the next game and it would suck to lose their last game, at home, to their biggest rival. Of course I hope they're stupid enough to do it, but I don't think it will happen....

GO PACK GO!!!

Especially with Lovie Smith as their HC. Remember his first objective after taking over - Beat the Packers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
...They've got 2 weeks before the next game and it would suck to lose their last game, at home, to their biggest rival. Of course I hope they're stupid enough to do it, but I don't think it will happen....

GO PACK GO!!!

Especially with Lovie Smith as their HC. Remember his first objective after taking over - Beat the Packers.

I been saying that for weeks now, if it was in Green Bay it might not be AS important to him and the players but at home, you better believe he is going to want to beat the Pack..

I would be VERY schocked if Lovie decides to sit his starters for more then one quarter, specilly if game is close..

Members online

Latest posts