Looking ahead...ATL or DAL

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Seahawks are a completely different team at home having gone 22-2 against non-division opponents since 2013 at Century Link Field. The Packers for sure have a decent chance of winning at Seattle but it´s foolish to think playing there being a cakewalk either.
I tend to agree with pacmaniac that the preferred opponent would be Seattle.

I don't think anyone's suggesting that Seattle would be a cakewalk, but I think the idea of having to go to Atlanta and slow down that offense would be a daunting task. Rodgers would certainly have perfect conditions to provide enough offense, but I cringe thinking about what Matt Ryan would do to our secondary.

We've proven that we matchup fairly well with Seattle, and I think that in a lower scoring affair, Rodgers would have more chances to win it, as opposed to Atlanta, where one big turnover could decide it, more so than Seattle.

That being said, both opponents present separate challenges, and Seattle has found a running game.

D

Deleted member 6794

I tend to agree with pacmaniac that the preferred opponent would be Seattle.

I don't think anyone's suggesting that Seattle would be a cakewalk, but I think the idea of having to go to Atlanta and slow down that offense would be a daunting task. Rodgers would certainly have perfect conditions to provide enough offense, but I cringe thinking about what Matt Ryan would do to our secondary.

We've proven that we matchup fairly well with Seattle, and I think that in a lower scoring affair, Rodgers would have more chances to win it, as opposed to Atlanta, where one big turnover could decide it, more so than Seattle.

That being said, both opponents present separate challenges, and Seattle has found a running game.

I guess you're right about Seattle being the better matchup for the Packers as the offense is playing on an extremely high level and it might be easier to face a team having its strength on defense rather than the best offense in football for the regular season with a shaky defense.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given what happened in our game vs Atlanta this year, either team could win - it's a toss up. Given what happened in our game vs Seattle this year - is there any reason to think we wouldn't win again?

You gotta be careful about assuming in today's NFL that blowing a team out at one point in a season means a win is a sure thing. I mean in our case for example we got blown out by Arizona in the late regular season last year but almost beat them in that playoff game.

Now I'm not saying I'd be afraid to play Seattle again. In some ways I actually want to because I want redemption for the 2014 NFC Championship Game. But we'd be crazy to think they'd just go lying down this time. Pete Caroll would have them ready to play and they'd have an extra chip on their shoulders wanting to get us back for embarrassing them in week 14.

But ... we'll see what happens tomorrow in the Georgia Dome.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
One aspect of the Packers I really like now is the fact that for the past 7 games, they have basically had their backs against the wall, playing in a must win game each week and have delivered. While this might not be a big deal for seasoned vets like Rodgers, Peppers, Matthews, etc. its huge to the younger guys. I feel like the Packers will be the more relaxed team going into the game on Sunday. The Cowboys on the other hand are a group that relies heavily on 2 rookies, who along with many other players have no playoff experience, they are at home, expected to win....I would say the pressure is squarely on the interested shoulders of the Cowboys

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These 2 teams playing right now look terrible. I really think whoever wins tomorrow is going to go to the Superbowl.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see the game but Atlanta outscored Seattle 36-7 after Seattle's first drive. I hope the Packers are that terrible tomorrow

Seattle's awful pass blocking O-line, lack of Earl Thomas, and just being the only other team that limped into the playoffs behind Detroit is what did them in today. Atlanta won't be getting that kind of help from our stout group up front.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listened to 1st 3 quarters on the radio (as I was driving back from MI)... James Lofton did the color commentary. Not super-insightful, but not bad, either. Met a guy gassing-up in Benton Harbor this AM driving down to Dallas for the game... asked if I was going when he saw my GB jacket... sadly, tv viewing only for me.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle's awful pass blocking O-line, lack of Earl Thomas, and just being the only other team that limped into the playoffs behind Detroit is what did them in today. Atlanta won't be getting that kind of help from our stout group up front.

I am more worried about the offense that put up 36 going against our defense

Members online

Latest posts