Longwell puts kicking foot in mouth

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Chris Havel said:
Ryan Longwell is easy to like.

He has a quick wit and an engaging personality, and his heart, like his field-goal attempts, is almost always in the right place.

That is why Longwell’s condescending comments about Green Bay and the Packers were especially distasteful, not to mention unprovoked and unnecessary. In an article that appeared in Monday’s St. Paul Pioneer Press, Longwell made an obvious and awkward attempt to ingratiate himself with his new fans.

Naturally, the surest way to suck up to Minnesota Vikings fans is to crack on Green Bay and the Packers. Here is a sampling of Longwell’s comments:

“Every town in America has an Applebee’s restaurant. In Green Bay, Applebee’s was about as fancy as you got. When my wife, Sarah, and I would get a baby sitter, a nice date night was Applebee’s. In Minnesota, I’m sure there will be plenty of options before Applebee’s comes into the rotation.â€

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol... funny article.

I don't pay any attention to what players say when they leave their old teams They all say they are going to a better team, coach, city, blah blah blah......Just as long as he does the job on the field.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol why is he so bitter? :p

Because we didn't give him a 10 million deal because he sucked last season? my god, let him rot in the dome.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Eatin' good.......in the neighborhood"

F-him.....I never was a fan. Christ he couldn't even find a good restaurant in Green Bay...there are dozens of them. Maybe it was his holders fault.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doe she think he just moved to a classier organization? The one with whizzinators, sex boats, and criminals?

Is he retarded?

All he has to blast GB with is Applebees?

Applebees is good, F** him! I want some Applebees right now, BRB.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Green Bay has several very nice places to eat. Applebees is the last place I'd consider going lol.

Victorias, Olive Garden, Red Lobster... really he should have picked up a phone book

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should have tried Curley's right where he worked. Best darn meal I've had in awhile.

Like we all know, when you're a Packer you're the main event in town, higher than a romp through WalMart. I'm sure his feelings were a little hurt that fans rolled their eyes a bit over every missed kick being the fault of the holder.

Good luck to him in Minnesota - NOT !

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully he will find a frigging holder that can angle the food juuuust right so it lands in his mouth and not fall off to the right or left.

That would probably embarrass his wife so badly she would be compelled to jump in a cab and go find The Devine Coach to have that lovely shoulder to cry on.

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a dic*! There are plenty of nice places to eat in GB... You just need to know where to go... Best Burger: Kroll's, Best Chili: Chili John's, Best Fish Fry: Meriques, Best Fine Dining: Black and Tan

To diss the town that made him really ticks me off. Without GB he would be nothing more than a computer salesman. He lucked out and now he thinks he is awesome. I hope he breaks his leg.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
greenbegas said:
What a dic*! There are plenty of nice places to eat in GB... You just need to know where to go... Best Burger: Kroll's, Best Chili: Chili John's, Best Fish Fry: Meriques, Best Fine Dining: Black and Tan

To diss the town that made him really ticks me off. Without GB he would be nothing more than a computer salesman. He lucked out and now he thinks he is awesome. I hope he breaks his leg.

Yea like Havel said we were the only team to give him a chance. (He did try out for the Niners too though)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't blame Longwell for going where the money is but he doesn't have to go bash the city of Green Bay.... He won't get near the fan support in Minnesota as he does in Green Bay and that's no disrespect to Viking fans.. that's just the truth. Minnesota has the Timberwolves and Twins.. Green Bay has the Packers and that's it.. Not many cities talk pro football all year round on the radio, TV, and newspaper.. The city lives for the Packers.

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Las Vegas right now... I came here for a job and I will tell you this... I miss GB soooo much. The food here can be good, but the good food is VERY expensive.

Also, if you go to a normal retaurant like an Applebees, good luck on getting good service. The service here is horrible!!

When I go home to GB I get a big bowl of Chili from Chili John's and go to Fuzzy's for a steak sandwich. Longwell will feel the bad carma. I hope he is horrible next year.

That jerk was well liked by all fans, had a radio show and kissed the fans butts basically. That article makes him look really bad.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Yea like Havel said we were the only team to give him a chance. (He did try out for the Niners too though)

AH but the Niners cut him half way through training camp so they don't count for much.

cdnpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though what Longwell said isn't too bad, to bash the city that made you something, paid you tons of cash, and supported you in one of the best football communites around is pretty low. It's ok to have a bit of a jab between rivals, its all in fun, but this wasn't exactly needed. Also sounds like he is owned by his wife a little too :wink: But seriously, even though it was a bit classless, there has been much more arrogance from athletes (T.O., Steve Francis, that crappy hockey player Sean Avery, etc, etc).

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mmm.. I'd love to have a Kroll's burger right now.. with some Chili John's Chili. The food in Green bay was good... and that 40. oz steak at Prime Quarter.

My stomach loved my stay in Green Bay.

ILOVETHEPACK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least we can count on good field position when we play them, God knows he can't kick further than the 10 yard line.Oh yeah that's because nobody can kick a deep ball in Lambeau. that's what Ryan said." good luck to the new kicker, nobody can drive a deep ball there".

cdnpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but we're talking a "kicker," not an "athlete!"

Haha true :lol: Sounds like our football team here in Winnipeg, our kicker is the biggest trash talker on the team..

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
ILOVETHEPACK said:
At least we can count on good field position when we play them, God knows he can't kick further than the 10 yard line.Oh yeah that's because nobody can kick a deep ball in Lambeau. that's what Ryan said." good luck to the new kicker, nobody can drive a deep ball there".

I wonder what his excuse was when we played dome'd teams. The hold?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts