Longwell, Alverez & Sherman

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted Oct. 27, 2005
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Brad Zimanek

Longwell needs to admit fault & move on

Ryan Longwell’s finger-pointing act is wearing thin. If you check with the Packers veteran place- kicker, he has never missed a kick in his life.

It’s always someone or something else.

Longwell’s inability to admit his shortcomings came to light again in the Packers’ heart-breaking 23-20 defeat Sunday at the Metrodome in which Vikings kicker Paul Edinger made a 56-yard field goal to win the game as time expired.

Longwell missed 53- and 42-yard attempts in the loss, while blaming the miss on the shorter kick early in the fourth quarter on a hold by B.J. Sander that was “low and left,â€

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you guys thought some of us were direct...... or rude!

Look at that descriptive paragraph...
I wonder how many on the Team are reviewing that comment..?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This guy is a friggin' moron..and i'll tell you why..

First of all..Mike Sherman NEVER accepts blame...HE MIGHT indirectly hem and haw..if pushed..but I've heard him say...that was my fault..I'm going to get it corrected...(like Andy Reid will..)

Second, Ryan Longwell is one of the most accurate kickers in Packer history for YEARS..

Now he has a new holder...and there are problems...

Do you think that possibly he may have a point..and Sander is not performing the job correctly? We didn't have this problem with Pederson...

Can't these idiots..especially SherRossley put 2X2 together and get something...anything fixed?

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not disagreeing with you Pack - but wouldn't you think... that Longwell would "make it a point" ...to get some practice in, and be discussing exactly what should NEVER go wrong... with BJ Sander... and not the Press? While Sander is a slow growth, or late bloomer.. he is getting there... I tend to relate it like how some think the Iraqi Constitution was something to be rushed.. when our own Country took THIRTEEN YEARS to get the same thing accomplished.... BJ is finally coming along and his skills are starting show in the NFL - I blame Longwell just as much as you tend to blame Sander.. they are in this TOGETHER.. and Longwell, being the Senior man, should have known better... BIG TIME :!: This personality issue which is making highlights in the Press is something that Longwell has let foster, like a canker sore.... and it's his job to correct it... the Veteran leads the way, ..not the rookie...

I highlighted the part of the article I thought you'd have paid more attention to.... Yet you appear to have blown right by it....

Longwell does NOT get a free pass in this... uh-huh. no way :!:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Men aren't at fault. There are unanticipated cicumstances, conditions not known when the plan was initiated. Men may decide on a new objective rather than persuing the original.

Women just don't understand how going to happy hour can take 6 hours.
They don't understand there are different levels of "repair".

Actually if one reads between the lines the writer implies Longwell is insufficiently Male in his attitude.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IPB..

i thought you interjected the highlighted part in the article since the writer seems to contradict himself on Sherman's willingness to take blame..

and don't you think that ultimately it's the HEAD COACHES responsibility to get this worked out between Longwell and Sander..?

I mean..how many months has it been now?

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
IPB..

i thought you interjected the highlighted part in the article since the writer seems to contradict himself on Sherman's willingness to take blame..

and don't you think that ultimately it's the HEAD COACHES responsibility to get this worked out between Longwell and Sander..?

I mean..how many months has it been now?

Oh, most certainly - Sherman should have 'seen' there was in issue....
Could be, he was well aware of it... the kicking part for Sander is greatly improved, right?
Just the same, we can lead horses to water.... not drink it for them...

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good article.

Longwell needs to grow up, it's getting to the point of absurd now.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
tampering with an article is a no no ... let the reader depict it :p

I'm postin' 'em the way I see fit - I don't edit the article - but I like the pretty colors - get over it.... :lol: 8)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Zero2Cool said:
tampering with an article is a no no ... let the reader depict it :p

I'm postin' 'em the way I see fit - I don't edit the article - but I like the pretty colors - get over it.... :lol: 8)

I'm trying I'm trying!! Just sucks having someone else's perception on what is 'important' instead of being able to do that on my own. I think I have ADD or something that makes me jus focus to that specifica area or something. lol oh well

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Not to worry -- I was more interested in making sure no one glossed over that..

That's an easy fix as most do quote that segment at the end and make their comments towards it.

Members online

Latest posts