1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Lombardi, Ahman Green, and perception of acceptance of gays in NFL

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by gwh11, May 24, 2012.

1. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +875
    Chapter 5 of Matthew states that we need to love our enemy? So..... I need to love Viking fans? Bear fans????

GB is correct. This IS impossible!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    You're confused. Those were Kitten's words, not mine. I was merely putting them to the test. It was my assertion that those words were unrealistic.

3. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Excellent answer.

4. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    That was pretty much my point.

5. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +484

I will remain a sinner.

6. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    For the record, I'm not advocating any particular side of this question. I'm merely raising it to see what interesting discussion might come from it. I think it's clear that simply accepting every single person for who they are is much more difficult that it sounds.

7. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    There's also a strong genetic component to people who have a predisposition to addiction and violence. Those are clearly undesirable traits to possess, are they not? Now the argument I've seen some make is that homosexuality is also an undesirable trait, given that fact that if we all had that trait, we as a species would face our own demise in short order.

Just because he might share the minority view at some point, does that mean he is to be ridiculed?

lol ... Probably not.

BTW, I've been doing a lot of devil's advocate in this thread for the sake of argument. I suppose I should clarify my own position on the matter. To sum it up, I pretty much don't care either way if someone is gay or not, but I'm not going to be marching in any gay pride parades. But on the other side of that coin, I also dislike seeing people ostracized because their religious beliefs tell them homosexuality is wrong. The PC crowd preaches "tolerance" but only when it fit's their own definition of what is "tolerable." In this case, they want you to tolerate the homosexual, but not those who see homosexuality as sinful. My position is to tolerate both.

8. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,065
    There's not a lot for those of us who "tolerate" the homosexual, the PC crowd AND those who wear their religious beliefs not only on 'their' sleeve, but also try to make you wear their religious beliefs on YOUR sleeve.

Just sayin' .... I have enough trouble living my own life without sticking my nose in anyone else's business ... this coming from a husband, father and son (of a Roman Catholic deacon who actually spent time in a seminary as a youth). I'm reminded of a line from a song in the late 60's that went something like this... "...he can't even run his own life, I'll be damned if he runs mine...".

I have my very definite opinions on this topic and many others ... but ... I'm not smart enough to be telling others what to think and I wish a good segment of our society would learn to recognize that in themselves.

Oh, and G.B. I'm not directing this at you, truthfully... this is just a minor rant by a semi-old guy who now has to go to his mother-in-law's house and offer up some "free labor" because I'm married to her daughter. :) Now...there's a topic that is WORTH debating... :)

9. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,301
    I haven't chimed in up to this point because I'm basically tired of the whole issue in the media today. But I think a couple of things might be useful to this discussion. Coach Lombardi was a strong Catholic as I understand it. Therefore he couldn't approve of homosexual behavior.

But for him I think the issue was respect. I can respect someone without approving of, or unwanted meddling into, their actions.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    She's got you roofing her house, doesn't she?

11. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I think you're probably dead on.

12. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,065
    Isn't that how EVERYONE celebrates Memorial Day??

13. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I am fine with gay people.

I don't bash NE because their QB is gay either. I just bash them for who they are not because they are all homosexuals.

The Bears are gay too. But, thats not why we hate them either.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Bagadeez04

Bagadeez04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +133
    If a guy is gay and wants to play football...more power to him. If he's gay and wants to serve in the military...great. This is a free country and (within reason) a person should have the freedom to do what they wish.

What annoys me is the constant focus on gay issues. I for one am a little turned off by the endless attention that the gay movement seeks, and gets, from the mass media out there. If you wanna be gay...be gay. Just don't make such a big deal about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Want to be gay?

I think might be time to lock this, cuz I got a lot to say about that ONE word

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +465

When did Ahman Green even meet Lombardi? Or is he just going by hearsay? Which is inadmissible in court.

Personally I don't care if you are gay as long as I'm not a target. Then we would have a problem.

17. Bagadeez04

Bagadeez04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +133
    Well want to be gay or be born gay...whatever. I wasn't focusing in on that. It wasn't what that post was about. All I'm saying is I tend to be turned off by anyone or group of people who are all up in your face.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Agree that it takes a lot more ballz to take the biblical angle like Tyree, and Tebow, took.
    Much easier these days to go with the flow, the media, the PC, hollywood, etc.

I respect everyone's opinion on each side. Both the right and the wrong side.
    Having differing opinions and not worrying about some Al Qaeda beheading us? That's America.

Don't sell your hair to a wig shop. Upgrade to DirecTV.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    By the way, one of my best friends is good friends with a few NFL players: Jay Cutler, Steve Hutchinson, Jared Allen, Tony Scheffler.

He told me a year or so ago that Hutchinson told him that Rodgers is gay and everyone in the league knows this. Sounds like the old-timer from the Lombardi story.
    I dismissed this as having come from the jealous Farve, but we all have heard rumors of this for years.

I still believe Rodgers loves women, like the rest of us men do. But an interesting true note. Atrium-stuff.

20. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    Weeds,let me say you have my absolute total sympathy. I'm SO sorry you must give up your free time for some free work at your mother-in-laws house. I was going to put the "funny" sign on your post for the last part of your post but it would probably be taken for the whole thing & I'd only mean it for the last part. Again you have my deepest condolences.

21. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +495
    If he is I hope he finds some dude that makes him happy...

And he wins like 30 more superbowls for the pack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    A few yrs ago there were rumors that Jeff Garcia was gay

23. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    I truly hope he's not. If he is I'm sure Miss Wisconsin can change that.

24. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +495
    I couldn't care less who he goes home with. Now, I might be bummed out if he were texting pix of his wang to the waterboys or a female sideline reporter for that matter.

Besides, Ican't think of many enviroments that are that much gayer than a mens locker room!

• Funny Funny x 2
  25. gwh11

gwh11 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +89