lol a cowboy fan posted this in the madden 08 forums

bakler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the title read Packers had no business scoring 27 points, read and understand before replying...

Ok, so the packers scored 27, but they shouldn't even have come close to this. I am not saying if we played perfect every play it would've been 52-0, Dallas. I am saying Dallas hurt themselves more than packers helped themselves.

Take a look. I will put the score of the game that could've been following each explanation

-if we didn't have a facemask on a sack by ellis in the 2nd half they would've had 3 points instead of 7 on their drive (37-24)
-if TO didn't drop that td for an interception it would've been 7 for us(44-24)
-if Ware wasn't offsides when he sacked favre on their first drive it would've been a punt instead of 3 points(44-21)
-if we didn't play stupid on 3rd and 1, when grant ran 62 yards it might've been a punt instead of 7 points(44-17)
-if we ran barber on 4th and 2 instead of JJ, it probably would've been a first down. Instead it turned into 7 points for GB(44-10)

and last but not least
-if we stuck to our gameplan and pressured the qb, instead of playing all pass coverage or zone, rodgers wouldn't have looked so good.

So, even though packers had 2 PI calls against us, both of them were the right call as you just don't reach and pull on a wr, regardless if the ball is 1 or 2 yards in front of him, Dallas should've beat the packs like the patriots beat the bills. Packers had no business even scoring that much or even being that close.

44-10 is what the game felt like, and it could've EASILY been that, but we killed ourselves with mistakes. I cannot wait to take on the Patriots in the superbowl with a healthy defense, especially with newman at 100%

btw I will always say brett favre is overrated. They could easily be a .500 team this year with all their 1-6 point victories in many of their games this year. And like I said before, brett favre and his look down/chuck the ball deep isn't going to fly against dallas and we shut him down. Favre is overrated, end of story.

God I can't believe you people that honestly thought the packers would win in dallas. That's like saying the dolphins beat the patriots at NE. Teams can win on any given saturday, sunday, monday, or thursday, but based on how each team has played, packers really had no chance to win, understand? I am glad favre got shut down and I'm glad that awesome packers d shutdown TO and company. I'm also glad the dallas O-Line just destroyed the packers defense.

next please.

dumbest person i have ever encountered.

OP
OP
bakler

bakler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no he isn't right, he pointed out things and mistakes that happen every game. do you realize the cowboys had 28 points off of 2 turnovers and 2 40 yd penalties? should i as a packer fan say that they had no business scoring 37 points and we should have won 27-9? no because that is how the game is played, boneheaded mistakes and refs have just as much to do with outcomes of games as player abilities do. thats why they say whoever makes the fewest mistakes wins. the cowboys were the better team last night playing against a packers team that was minus 4 everyday contributors. and i say 4 because franks was playing well before he got injured and could've helped a lot with the blitz pick ups.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are just playing the shoulda, coulda, woulda game like a lot of Packers fans are too. The fact is, we had our second string QB in, key injuries on defense, two very questionable calls and we still hung in. I know its fun being homers and all, but come on. You guys won. Great for you. You have a right to be proud, but we played a horrible game and were still in it.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If, If, If, If.... well how bout if the refs had any sense then we should have got the ball when Al ripped it from TO and of course we would score 10-0 us. If we would have stopped them on 3rd and 19 they would have punted instead of driving all the way done the field of course we would score again. If Bibgy and Bush werent on the field they would have about 34 of 37 taken away becuase they suck. If the refs could learn to make the right calls and not a bunch of **** we would have got 23465396436 points more. If Favre didnt chuck it 50 yards down the field every play into 5 guys maybe we would drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF, I also like how he thinks that if Dallas would have done something differnt they WOULD have got the TD or Field Goal because there both givens.

I want a rematch in the playoffs for as **** poorly as we played and somehow stayed close without Woodson and KGB, Jolly, Rouse, Franks and then hopefully Bush and Bigby wont be on the field and Favre doesnt act like he did tonight throwing every ball 50 yards into 5 guys id say we have a great chance at winning.

castlebravo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are just playing the shoulda, coulda, woulda game like a lot of Packers fans are too. The fact is, we had our second string QB in, key injuries on defense, two very questionable calls and we still hung in. I know its fun being homers and all, but come on. You guys won. Great for you. You have a right to be proud, but we played a horrible game and were still in it.

Your 2nd string QB played better than Favre did.

Even though the Packers only lost by 10, it felt like a worse beat down that that. It very easily could've turned into a 44-10 rout. Credit to the Packers and their second string QB that it did not.

I said going into the game that the two teams are a push if both are healthy, and before the game I said without KGB and Woodson, the Cowboys were a 2 TD better team (I said these things on another board, specifically, AR-15.com, because my account was activated here yet). The Packers defense isn't as good as I thought they were, but the Packers receivers and running back Grant is a hell of a lot better than I thought. In the end, I still think it's a push, but the two teams are built in such a way that either is capable of running away with the score and winning 44 to 10 if the other team's QB shows up and throws 3 or 4 picks.

By and large, you guys are a class act, and thank you for letting me come in here and discuss some football with you guys. It's a nice change from Philly or Giants or Redskins fans.

OP
OP
bakler

bakler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If, If, If, If.... well how bout if the refs had any sense then we should have got the ball when Al ripped it from TO and of course we would score 10-0 us. If we would have stopped them on 3rd and 19 they would have punted instead of driving all the way done the field of course we would score again. If Bibgy and Bush werent on the field they would have about 34 of 37 taken away becuase they suck. If the refs could learn to make the right calls and not a bunch of **** we would have got 23465396436 points more. If Favre didnt chuck it 50 yards down the field every play into 5 guys maybe we would drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF, I also like how he thinks that if Dallas would have done something differnt they WOULD have got the TD or Field Goal because there both givens.

I want a rematch in the playoffs for as **** poorly as we played and somehow stayed close without Woodson and KGB, Jolly, Rouse, Franks and then hopefully Bush and Bigby wont be on the field and Favre doesnt act like he did tonight throwing every ball 50 yards into 5 guys id say we have a great chance at winning.

that is exactly how i replied to him on the site. cowboys fans should be ashamed to have someone like him cheering for their team. i'm not angered at all that we lost. even before anyone knew if woodson and kgb were gonna play we were 7 point underdogs. then favre got injured and i expected a complete blow out. i am actually one of few pack fans that is happy about last nights game, we showed a lot of resiliency and fought throw adversity to be in the game up until the end. showed a lot of maturity from the youngest team in the nfl that was missing three veteran leaders by halftime. i am praying for a rematch!

oh and after we took out bush we actually started to slow the boys down. he was the only problem with our defense last night. bigby is another story, he doesn't mess up too bad in coverage he just makes boneheaded penalties. i fully expect bush to be demoted to special teams only, and boy is he special, and i would expect nothing less than rouse taking over for collins at free and collins sliding over to strong.

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a stupid post, but you should have seen some of the crazy stuff we had posted on our site by Packer trolls this past week. The lickety lick guy was beyond belief. Some I don't think had ever even watched a football game before. I've found myself having to defend packer fans because most of the guys I've seen on here are such good posters. I hope we haven't had any Cowboy trolls embarrass us on your forum.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a stupid post, but you should have seen some of the crazy stuff we had posted on our site by Packer trolls this past week. The lickety lick guy was beyond belief. Some I don't think had ever even watched a football game before. I've found myself having to defend packer fans because most of the guys I've seen on here are such good posters. I hope we haven't had any Cowboy trolls embarrass us on your forum.

I can only imagine what they were saying. It's embarrassing. I'm just glad that most of the people who come here are classy.

1cesc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys should just ignore the Cowboys trolls. They moan and complain about how biased Packers fans are at their forum, but don't seem to have a problem coming here and doing the same.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
It called Fanhood... everybody is biased and take their teams side..

Some fans of every team take it to the extreme... from what I have seen, the Cowboy fans that came here this week showed alot of class and handled themselves well.. Hats off.

As for the poster at Madden.. he is entitled to his fantasy.

If Favre is overrated because of a poor showing last night.. what does the showing against Buffalo say about Romo?

Anywho.. we may see these guys again.. and I look forward to the rematch.

1cesc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It called Fanhood... everybody is biased and take their teams side..

Some fans of every team take it to the extreme... from what I have seen, the Cowboy fans that came here this week showed alot of class and handled themselves well.. Hats off.

As for the poster at Madden.. he is entitled to his fantasy.

If Favre is overrated because of a poor showing last night.. what does the showing against Buffalo say about Romo?

Anywho.. we may see these guys again.. and I look forward to the rematch.

Really?? Wouldn't you rather they get eliminated before the NFC Champ game? I really don't want to see us play this team again.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Really?? Wouldn't you rather they get eliminated before the NFC Champ game? I really don't want to see us play this team again.

Nope, personally I want to face them again and earn the way to the SuperBowl if that is in the cards so to speak.

Now would I be upset if they got beat by someone else in the playoffs, probably not, but all things being equal, YES I would like to face them again.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the post game interviews, it is so refreshing to hear their remarks. These guys are competitors. Each one of them wants to face Dallas again. It is like what is the first thing you say to your buddy after they beat you in a video game? REMATCH! That is right... and maybe you get beat again, but getting that next shot will never deter any competitive person.

cowboyuptx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typical Dallas mindset. This was the state that gave us George W.

:roll:
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You can say what you want about the Cowboys, and say what you want about George W...........

But dont be talking bad about Texas!

Yeah Texas gave us George W. (not a TX native), but it also gave us L.Tomlinson, A.Peterson, Drew Brees, ect. ect......... You're from Sidney Montana! What the hell has Montana ever produced?!? Nothing!

Just keep Dallas Texas out your mouth!

roy_munson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just glancing over some posts here by Cowboy fans, it appears our Brokeback Mountain rivals from the south are happy with their win over the Pack but not feeling too confident about a rematch (if it materializes) in January.

Overall, they played better than the Pack Thursday night and deserved the win, but without a doubt, all the breaks/calls went their way. In addition, with four Packer starters out (Woodson, KGB, Rouse and Franks), a healthy Packer team in January will be a much more formidable opponent ... the 'Boys may need a lot breaks to go their way again if we meet up in January ...

TexasPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being from Texas people must realize that the Cowboys have been in the ******* for a while now. This season they finally have a team and a QB so all the fair weather fans are coming out of the wood work. Half these people haven't kept up with the Boys in years now that they're winning they're all "dedicated fans".

I can't tell you how many people have been saying we were blown out by the Boys. I asked them if they realized even with our D being hurt and Favre out in the 2nd quarter that we kept them on their toes until the last few mins of the game. The typical "Favre is washed up" response is what I received in return.

I swear they need to create a school for down syndrome Cowboys "fans".

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
billv said:
Typical Dallas mindset. This was the state that gave us George W.

:roll:
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You can say what you want about the Cowboys, and say what you want about George W...........

But dont be talking bad about Texas!

Yeah Texas gave us George W. (not a TX native), but it also gave us L.Tomlinson, A.Peterson, Drew Brees, ect. ect......... You're from Sidney Montana! What the hell has Montana ever produced?!? Nothing!

Just keep Dallas Texas out your mouth!
Yes! I agree! Keep Dallas Texas out of your mouth.........or your libal to get a canker sore. Or ******.
Anyway.........I like President Bush. But i'm not going to get into a political discussion here.
There are good fans and bad fans of ALL teams. As an example, just see the class of Bayoucowboy and then compare it to the "KoTexKid" that i quoted here. He's just a troll.
Was he here BEFORE the game? Nope. He comes to gloat AFTER he's sure his team has won. I bet if you go to the sites of other teams they beat this year, you would see the same garbage.
Bayou has shown class, as well as some of the other Cowboy fans that came here. This clown though, well, you can see for yourself.

Nbtstatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The cowboy fan in the original post is a tool, no doubt about it. But no more so than about 50% of packer fans posting here over the last 24 hours.

"We're the better team", "Cowboys paying refferees off", "They suck we just had a bad night", and on and on.

It's the exact same thing.

Members online

Latest posts