1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Logo advice

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by irishpacker, Nov 15, 2007.

1. irishpacker

irishpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Evenin' gents,

I'll fill you in very quickly, I've set up an American football club in my college here in Dublin, Trinity College, you may have heard of us? 53rd best college in the world? thats right!

Anyway, we call ourselves the Trinity Thunderbolts, at the moment we mostly play flag but we are investing in gear and coaching and working our way up to full kit full contact football!!!!!! see out website! www.bebo.com/trinityfootball

Moving on to the important issue: Have you guys ever heard of the San Antonio Thunder? I ask because we have nicked their "T" lightning symbol and are using it for our team. I dont think they exist anymore, they play in the NAFL whatever that is... Anyway the point being I dont want to get sued over copyright!

Cheers boyos!

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,479
    The San Antonio Thunder were a soccer team based out of San Antonio that played in the NASL. They only existed for two seasons, 1975 to 1976. Their home field was Alamo Stadium. After San Antonio, the team played as the Team Hawaii and Tulsa Roughnecks.

3. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,479
    ??????

[​IMG]

4. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Did a quick copyright search via work here... nothing resembling that has been copyrighted.. so I think you should be safe..

5. irishpacker

irishpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No not that logo, this logo!

6. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,479
    thats your logo, one I posted was the logo of the S/A team..Not the same at all..So I wouldnt see why you cant use yours?>

7. johnny_blood

johnny_blood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He isn't talking about the soccer team, but a defunct amateur team. They played in the North American Football League, which I had never heard of until now.

I don't think anyone is going to care if a college team in Ireland uses the logo. I can't see an amateur football league suing someone in Europe over the use of a defunct team's logo. You aren't using it for commercial purposes and there is no money in pursuing the matter.

I've been to Trinity College, it is cool that you have a team.