1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Locking threads sucks

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by DePack, Apr 21, 2006.

1. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Please stop locking threads unless they really get out of hand. Check the threads that are currently locked. There really isn't any reason for it. I haven't been involved in any of the locked threads recently, but just because a moderator doesn't like seeing a couple guys disagree is no reason to lock the thread.

Also, why is it acceptable for moderators to post on a thread after it has been locked while us lowly members can't?

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats ok.........i seem to be unable to find my "gasoline rant" thread.........that seems to have disappeared completely. It wasn't political, so i don't know why it was erased.
    Oh well.......

3. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Threads will no longer be deleted unless the orig poster is notified or unless they are just total garbage/troll/flame bait etc.

It isn't ok for the mods to post after it has been locked and this has been addressed recently.

Thanks for the concern and your patience and we will hopefully have a more standardized system for controlling posts soon.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I didn't start the gas thread, just gave my opinions. I don't THINK my opinions were garbage, or troll bait............and i know i didn't call anyone names or anything like that. Unless someone posted after me that did.
    I have seen threads attacking people on here that were allowed. All i did was post how i felt we could get our own fuel supply. I don't know why that would be controversial. If someone did disagree with me, i would have had a good discussion, with facts interlaced......not attacks.

5. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Honestly I don't know the specifics of that thread or why it was removed. Know that from here on out threads won't be removed, just locked unless they are just put up by a flamer/troll to get a reaction then they will just be toasted.

6. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, this was kind of pissing me off. Thank you for addressing it Ryan.

I was wondering about the gas thread too.

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Good. I don't like not being able to get my two cents in!

lol

8. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply, Ryan.

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    They will be "Carrolled?" (TOASTED!) LOLOL!!! J/K!
    I have NEVER put up a thread anywhere to try to cause trouble. I don't plan on starting anytime soon! If people disagree with me, thats ok! (They can be wrong if they want!)LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I replied too!!!

11. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Cheesey that is in reference to people that come and sign up then post a BS post and never come back.

12. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol how did the gas thread attack anyone? :p

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I guess there was some stuff afterwards that caused it's demise. (And i was just getting on a roll, too!LOLOLOL!!!) :lol:
    I know what you mean Ryan.......i really don't understand WHY someone would come on a site JUST to make people mad. It's SUCH a waste.