1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Local teams, non-Packers

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Incubes12, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    I know that because the Packers are such a great, historic team, there are lots of Packer fans scattered across the country (and even outside the country). So, I ask of all these fans a few questions:

1. what do you think about the teams that you live near?
    2. do you go to their games often?
    3. why didn't you become a fan of that team (if you grew up there)?
    4. do you still root for that team, secondarily to the Pack?
    5. feel free to talk more about this if you want.

Me, I live in Buffalo, so I see/hear a lot about the Bills and even the Jets somewhat. I'm making this thread because I find myself comparing how I feel about the Packers to how I feel about the Bills. I like the Bills, and I always want them to do well, but I would never root for them over the Packers. I go to 4 or 5 Bills games a year, and I always root for them to win (which is always difficult to do, haha). I moved to western NY when I was 9, so I didn't grow up loyal to the area or anything, and thus, am not primarily a Bills fan.

I think there are some on this board in Philly territory, some in Chargers territory, some even in Bears and Vikes territory. What's your story?

2. ClayMatthews

ClayMatthews Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    I am from Detroit, I love the Tigers, and the Red Wings, but don't care about basketball so I could care less about the Pistons. I still do like the Lions, they are like lovable losers. Even tho I do root against them when the Packers are coming into town, I still hope for them to win, when there not playing the Packers. They where one of the first teams that I started watching which lead me into liking the Packers. I like the Lions, but I still gotta say GO PACK! all the way. They are my team and always will. But I always will watch the Lions and hope they do better than they do. The city of Detroit could really use a Super Bowl. It's a craphole of a city and the Lions don't help it by only winning 4 games every year. I can say one thing about Lions fans, They are as Die-hard as they come. They stick with that team stronger than any fan base I have ever seen.

3. engelke

engelke Cheesius Maximus

Ratings:
    +20
    well, im from texas, so "the team" around here is the dallas cowboys. my dads side was originally from lacrosse, so he only watched the cowboys for football pots. my aunt(who still lives there) would come down for xmas every year, and the packers were the team to watch while she was here. i liked her passion for the team compared to how my dad acted about the cowboys, so i started leaning towards them. the cowboys are like a religion down here, and people are always shoving it down your throat. i dont like being told what to do, so i naturally started hating the cowboys with every fiber of my being, haha. also, we once went to visit her when i was 7 or 8, and the house she lived in was literally a couple blocks away from the practice field. i remember standing at the chain link fence with her and my dad watching them practice.

4. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    I can't even imagine living in Cowboys territory. Heck, I can't imagine living near Vikings territory. My aunt lives in Chicago there, and based on how many near-fights I get in when I visit that city, I'd probably be in jail if I lived near Dallas.

5. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I'm form, :chisux:land so I really don't go for the Bears, I don't watch the Blackhawks, I guess the only Chi team I like is the Bulls and I don't even like them that much as I don't watch the NBA.

6. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    Sing along to the old Blatz beer commercial jingle - "I'm from Milwaukee so I outta know, the Packers are great, wherever they go."