LJ's touchdown celebration...

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will LJ get fined for the touchdown celebration when he grabbed the KC flag and planted in the endzone?

Scythe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why wasn't he penalized for that? The refs sure didn't have a problem throwing flags earlier in the game.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they went easy on him because it seemed spur-of-the-moment. I thought it was kind of a fun thing to do. But if he does it again I bet they'll nail him.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I think they went easy on him because it seemed spur-of-the-moment. I thought it was kind of a fun thing to do. But if he does it again I bet they'll nail him.
Spur of the moment or not..........thats against the rules. It SHOULD have cost them 15 yards. Had a Packer player done something like that, the refs would have penalized him 15 yards, kicked him out of the game, and required his first born son.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It says you cant use a prop as a celebration so well unless im just completely stupid he should have been penalized

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Yes they blew the call.. but stop and think about it for a quick second.. isn't leaping into the stands using a prop?

Part of the reason they looked away was it wasn't a long draw out celebration.. he waved it.. speared it into the ground and went back to the sidelines..

I had no issue with it whatsoever..

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya but the Lambeau Leap has been around and its pretty much got grandfathered in its part of the Packers and you cant take it away. Since when is waiving a flag and smashing it into the ground any part of a celebration, I really dont have a problem with celebrations but I would have liked them to get a penalty! :D

OP
OP
N

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes they blew the call.. but stop and think about it for a quick second.. isn't leaping into the stands using a prop?

Part of the reason they looked away was it wasn't a long draw out celebration.. he waved it.. speared it into the ground and went back to the sidelines..

I had no issue with it whatsoever..

I didn't have much of a problem with it either. I was just curious, because they changed the rules to make it illegal to use a prop. He was just trying to get the crowd into it. I don't think it was that big of a deal.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the way i see it..........the NFL (No Fun League) said it's illegal to do. Period.
There should have been a penalty. So.......if they let that slide, why should they EVER penalize someone for celebrating? Either it's acceptable, or it's not.
Now my opinion is..........i NEVER liked that they took away the players right to celebrate. I enjoy the guys getting to show their happiness. I think the NFL has taken MOST of the fun out of it by their stupid rules. That said...........if it's a rule, it's a RULE! ENFORCE it, or let them all celebrate.

So get rid of the dumb rule, or ENFORCE it!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brennan1884 said:
i was wondering y there was no penalty , couldve helped for the kickoff

It didn't really matter because Rayner kicked the ball out of bounds on the kickoff.
I know.....in the end it didn't matter.......but the ref's need to be consistant in their calls. And it's not like it was a "judgement call"..........what he did was against the rules, period. So get rid of the rule or enforce it all the time. It just doesn't make sense to me.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you noticed that the queen players jump into the stands when they make a touchdown. Just had to copy the Pack. As much as they profess not to like the Pack, they sure like to take their ideas.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
L.J. FINED $7,500

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells us that Chiefs running back Larry Johnson was fined $7,500 for planting a flag in the end zone after scoring a touchdown against the Packers on Sunday.

The move, albeit not premeditated, still constitutes the use of a prop. Thus, the fine applies.

One of the bozos who runs around with an enormous flag bearing the team's logo handed the pole to Johnson after he scored a touchdown. Johnson then rammed it into the ground, a la Michigan State on Notre Dame's turf a couple of years ago.

League rules prohibit the use of the ball or any other prop in touchdown celebrations. It is still permitted, however, to dunk the ball over the goal post or to jump into the stands.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well....at least they fined him. They should have fined the refs for not throwing a penalty flag too. Oh well........a slap on the wrist for a rich guy.

Members online

Latest posts