Living in Texas.....

Pack12TX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Die hard Packer fan living in Texas - - and having to deal with all of the Cowboys fans. It's pretty electric here in Texas - it's been years since I have seen their fan base so cocky and confident. I've kind of outgrown all of the trash talking stuff, as I'd rather just let them do most of the talking. My comebacks have been very simple - all I give them is a "We'll see" - I actually think it makes them more mad than if I were to spit fire back at them. I can still remember those feelings in the 90's when we would always have to go to Dallas in the playoffs - just really hoping for some serious redemption on Sunday. It will sure quiet the noise in Texas....

H

HardRightEdge

Die hard Packer fan living in Texas - - and having to deal with all of the Cowboys fans. It's pretty electric here in Texas - it's been years since I have seen their fan base so cocky and confident. I've kind of outgrown all of the trash talking stuff, as I'd rather just let them do most of the talking. My comebacks have been very simple - all I give them is a "We'll see" - I actually think it makes them more mad than if I were to spit fire back at them. I can still remember those feelings in the 90's when we would always have to go to Dallas in the playoffs - just really hoping for some serious redemption on Sunday. It will sure quiet the noise in Texas....
Just say, "are you not concerned that Detroit dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball?"

Reaction score
Die hard Packer fan living in Texas - - and having to deal with all of the Cowboys fans. It's pretty electric here in Texas - it's been years since I have seen their fan base so cocky and confident. I've kind of outgrown all of the trash talking stuff, as I'd rather just let them do most of the talking. My comebacks have been very simple - all I give them is a "We'll see" - I actually think it makes them more mad than if I were to back at them. I can still remember those feelings in the 90's when we would always have to go to Dallas in the playoffs - just really hoping for some serious redemption on Sunday. It will sure quiet the noise in Texas....
Well, I just arrived in Texas last night. Thankfully my brother is NOT a Dallas fan.. that is very apparent lol
I have a cousin in Dallas/Fort Worth with her entire family, who sent out Christmas cards with her whole family dressed in Cowboys uniforms ( I feel sorry for them ). Her father, My Uncle, is die hard Packer fan since the 1940's. I would pay to be a fly on the wall this Sunday when they talk. This is going to be an interesting game.. from my perspective, GB should win by 8 points.. and I wouldn't be shocked if we have a complete game and stomp them like Brangus Cows

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Ironically, that is where I was born and raised...

Wow. Talk about a "double whammy".

Yeah I live in downtown Seattle but a Green Bay transplant.

I will say this. I don't think these Seahawk fans having anymore room left in the balloon. I mean it is "max full" and at a all time high. I have never seen anything like it. There having a hard time selling tickets to Carolina game cause everyone thinks it's gonna be such a blow out. There in the Super Bowl already in Seattle.

you can get into the stadium this Saturday for 185 which is unheard of around here for such a meaningful game.

Just smile on Sunday :):):)

AegonTheConqueror

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Cowboy fan and I must say.....I'm so tired of all the bandwagon fans that hopped on this year

They know nothing about the team and will see me wearing a Cowboy shirt and start a conversation and I just can't talk to a casual fan AND NOW THEY'RE EVERY WHERE!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a Cowboy fan and I must say.....I'm so tired of all the bandwagon fans that hopped on this year

They know nothing about the team and will see me wearing a Cowboy shirt and start a conversation and I just can't talk to a casual fan AND NOW THEY'RE EVERY WHERE!!

Welcome!!

Here is to a good game, no injuries and the refs not ******** up :)

AegonTheConqueror

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome!!

Here is to a good game, no injuries and the refs not ******** up :)

Thanks!

I still haven't seen improvement since the scrub refs sadly......but I would guess that they step up after all the backlash lol

As for Dal vs Det game.....every olinemen held so much that game on both sides, I know you have to be lenient or it's called every play but come on.

Now as the PI, if anything that would be offsetting penalties and replay of 3rd down.....but IMO(bias) Pettigrew initiated contact first with push off then a facemask before Hitchens even pulled the jersey so it should have been offensive pass interference

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I still haven't seen improvement since the scrub refs sadly......but I would guess that they step up after all the backlash lol

As for Dal vs Det game.....every olinemen held so much that game on both sides, I know you have to be lenient or it's called every play but come on.

Now as the PI, if anything that would be offsetting penalties and replay of 3rd down.....but IMO(bias) Pettigrew initiated contact first with push off then a facemask before Hitchens even pulled the jersey so it should have been offensive pass interference
How does Dez non helmet in field of play fall in?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the official who sometimes sits in on Inside the NFL said it wasn't PI, but it should have been a holding call. (As discussed elsewhere) Bryant's helmet being off wasn't a violation but his being out on the field was.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since officials vary in their interpretations, I don't feel bad countering any of them.

It definitely was holding and should have been 5 yards and a first down. The defender was face guarding but the receiver was trying to get back to the ball. The resulting contact should have been called pass interference because the contact pushed it beyond face guarding.

No matter how you interpret things it should have been a fresh set of downs and Bryant should also have been flagged an additional 15 yards since it occurred after the conclusion of the play. The Lions would have been on the doorstep of scoring but no guarantees they would have done it. What could have happened was a momentum swing towards the Lions instead of how it swung to the Cowboys. Oh well.

Packers fans know how it feels to get hosed by the refs.

AegonTheConqueror

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since officials vary in their interpretations, I don't feel bad countering any of them.

It definitely was holding and should have been 5 yards and a first down. The defender was face guarding but the receiver was trying to get back to the ball. The resulting contact should have been called pass interference because the contact pushed it beyond face guarding.

No matter how you interpret things it should have been a fresh set of downs and Bryant should also have been flagged an additional 15 yards since it occurred after the conclusion of the play. The Lions would have been on the doorstep of scoring but no guarantees they would have done it. What could have happened was a momentum swing towards the Lions instead of how it swung to the Cowboys. Oh well.

Packers fans know how it feels to get hosed by the refs.
If that's the case then faceguarding needs to go......all the QB has to do is throw a bad pass, then automatic first down

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always thought that it was not faceguarding unless you put your arms up w/o looking back for the ball. And it was pass interference if you ran into the receiver or vice versa while he was going back for the ball. None of that happened that I saw but I did see him push the right shoulder with his left hand and that is what I thought should have been interference. Don't know if he held or not before that.

AegonTheConqueror

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I know the media is not showing this but have y'all seen this?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You could of called a multitude of things on this play. Yes, face guarding is legal but the db made absolutely no play on the ball while initiating contact. The fact that the contact was minimal does not matter under the current rule. That constitutes for pass interference. There was also a hold the DB could of got called for to make things worse. "Pass Interference" was called on the field.

Then Dez Bryant storms on the field with no helmet on trying to bully the official into changing the call. To top it all off the officials are then looking up at the "jumbotron" getting a "hometown angle" on the play and decide to pick up the flag.

This whole ordeal was an absolute travesty and IMO a black mark on the league.

Now some people are calling Dallas this years "team of destiny." I suppose if the reffs blowing game deciding calls and making a mockery out of the rule book for ya is destiny then sure.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I posted that picture to stop that myth...Pettigrew initiated contact first, Hitchens came after trying to fight off the push off and facemask

If that wasn't pass interference then I don't know what is but fine.

Explain away the hold then?

Explain away Dez on the field bullying the official with his helmet off?

Explain away the reffs reviewing there call on the jumbotron which they are not supposed to do for obvious reasons?

AegonTheConqueror

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If that wasn't pass interference then I don't know what is but fine.

Explain away the hold then?

Explain away Dez on the field bullying the official with his helmet off?

Explain away the reffs reviewing there call on the jumbotron which they are not supposed to do for obvious reasons?
You're right PI should've been called just offensive PI.
I seen nor heard anything about the jumbotron, that's new to me.
I've said something about Dez already, one poster said it's up to the ref if they wanna call it.......in my mind it should be a penalty just to stop players doing the same every bad call.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You're right PI should've been called just offensive PI.
I seen nor heard anything about the jumbotron, that's new to me.
I've said something about Dez already, one poster said it's up to the ref if they wanna call it.......in my mind it should be a penalty just to stop players doing the same every bad call.

This is like the "Fail Mary" where Seattle fans still think it was a legal catch. I mean even a couple Cowboy players came out and said they thought it was PI. Pettigrew was just trying to get his hands up to catch the ball and had a DB basically separating him from making a play on it. The defender knew he was beat and was just trying to avoid giving up a TD. The reffs blew the whole thing and it could of changed the game.

With that said I will say that Detroit did not close the deal when they had the chance and put themselves in a position for something like this to happen so shame on them.

AegonTheConqueror

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is like the "Fail Mary" where Seattle fans still think it was a legal catch. I mean even a couple Cowboy players came out and said they thought it was PI. Pettigrew was just trying to get his hands up to catch the ball and had a DB basically separating him from making a play on it. The defender knew he was beat and was just trying to avoid giving up a TD. The reffs blew the whole thing and it could of changed the game.

With that said I will say that Detroit did not close the deal when they had the chance and put themselves in a position for something like this to happen so shame on them.
Have you even looked at the pictures I posted?
Brandon Pettigrew pushed off twice before Hitch pulled his jersey and the ball was thrown.....IDK if you know this but that's illegal

I'm done talking about this play though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts