Living in Texas.....

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Have you even looked at the pictures I posted?
Brandon Pettigrew pushed off twice before Hitch pulled his jersey and the ball was thrown.....IDK if you know this but that's illegal

I'm done talking about this play though.

So am I. Detroit was on the go and moving down the field. They should of had the ball at about your 12 yard line. They probably score and there up 10 which mean your not even here right now.

Regardless, I hope the Cowboys aren't counting on "hometown cooking" this Sunday at Lambeau.

AegonTheConqueror

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So am I. Detroit was on the go and moving down the field. They should of had the ball at about your 12 yard line. They probably score and there up 10 which mean your not even here right now.

Regardless, I hope the Cowboys aren't counting on "hometown cooking" this Sunday at Lambeau.

So you looked at those pics and you can't even admit at worst it would be offsetting penalties or a OPI?
Boy you must really hate Dallas or you just buy whatever ESPN sells you

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
So you looked at those pics and you can't even admit at worst it would be offsetting penalties or a OPI?
Boy you must really hate Dallas or you just buy whatever ESPN sells you

I actually don't hate Dallas at all and I don't rely on mainstream information or bias. I wanted you guys to beat the crap out of the Seahawks and was rooting for you the whole way. I have no ill will toward the Cowboys other then it was kind of tough when you guys used to beat us all the time.

If you guys somehow get by us I would be rooting for ya to beat the Seahawks again.

I just think the reffs completely blew that whole thing in many ways as I have explained. It's over and time to move on.

I really like how the Cowboys "zone block" on the edge and I like how Murray runs the ball.

Sky King

Reaction score
Not making excuses for the refs in the Detroit/Dallas game, but every team has stories about getting hosed. For what it's worth, I think all the petty rules and the difficult and uneven enforcement of them is hurting the integrity of the game. The refs had yet another bad moment in yet another game. What else is new? But the Lions had a chance to go for it on 4th down and Caldwell chose not to do so. The refs' performance at that moment is not the only reason that the Lions lost that game. Punting the ball afterwards was an act of submission.

I seem to remember a game in Chicago at the end of last season where a certain QB led his team to victory by converting 4th down three times in one late drive and it culminated in a TD pass that won the game plus the division title. It was also the first game back for that QB after he had missed nearly half the season to a broken clavicle. Stafford could not win the game for the Lions because even his own coach lacked the confidence that he could do it. Otherwise, he would have let him try to win the game. He's no Aaron Rodgers.

This Sunday Dallas gets to face the QB who can and has won that type of game. The aren't facing Matthew Stafford or his wilting head coach. Instead of countering Stafford with a perennial stat hound who has totally come up small under late season pressures of seasons past, they get a guy who's won both League and SB MVPs. He's no Matthew Stafford. Unlike his upcoming opponent, he has proven that he can do it.

If I were a fan of either team I would be playing closer attention to that QB match-up than the possible, nay inevitable, bad calls by the refs. Barring injury to one or both of them, the game may be decided by who wins the QB match-up, not by who conducts a flag-a-thon. Championship history, or lack thereof, may have provided us a preview of that outcome. Some guys are made for the moment and some aren't. Up to this moment we know who's who.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Not making excuses for the refs in the Detroit/Dallas game, but every team has stories about getting hosed. For what it's worth, I think all the petty rules and the difficult and uneven enforcement of them is hurting the integrity of the game. The refs had yet another bad moment in yet another game. What else is new? But the Lions had a chance to go for it on 4th down and Caldwell chose not to do so. The refs' performance at that moment is not the only reason that the Lions lost that game. Punting the ball afterwards was an act of submission.

I seem to remember a game in Chicago at the end of last season where a certain QB led his team to victory by converting 4th down three times in one late drive and it culminated in a TD pass that won the game plus the division title. It was also the first game back for that QB after he had missed nearly half the season to a broken clavicle. Stafford could not win the game for the Lions because even his own coach lacked the confidence that he could do it. Otherwise, he would have let him try to win the game. He's no Aaron Rodgers.

This Sunday Dallas gets to face the QB who can and has won that type of game. The aren't facing Matthew Stafford or his wilting head coach. Instead of countering Stafford with a perennial stat hound who has totally come up small under late season pressures of seasons past, they get a guy who's won both League and SB MVPs. He's no Matthew Stafford. Unlike his upcoming opponent, he has proven that he can do it.

If I were a fan of either team I would be playing closer attention to that QB match-up than the possible, nay inevitable, bad calls by the refs. Barring injury to one or both of them, the game may be decided by who wins the QB match-up, not by who conducts a flag-a-thon. Championship history, or lack thereof, may have provided us a preview of that outcome. Some guys are made for the moment and some aren't. Up to this moment we know who's who.

Exactly, and even though the Lions got jobbed you could point to Stafford under throwing that pass and them not closing the deal earlier when they had the chance.

And like you posted there coach going ultra conservative and not having faith in his QB.

It's just for me this inconsistent officiating is driving me crazy.

Sky King

Reaction score
Exactly, and even though the Lions got jobbed you could point to Stafford under throwing that pass and them not closing the deal earlier when they had the chance.

And like you posted there coach going ultra conservative and not having faith in his QB.

Stafford was not made for the moment.

Kimbo Blubbeus

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cowboy fan here.

I'm being truthfully honest here, but as a longtime pessimistic fan who has seen every Cowboy collapse imaginable, I was not worried at all when Detroit's offense took the field in the fourth quarter. They seemed like a team that is great when it doesn't count and folds when adversity hits. (Punter shanking it out of bounds, letting the Cowboys go 2/2 on 4th down, not going for it on fourth down, Fumbling it twice on the last possession, etc.)

I know you guys play Stafford twice a year, but he always seems to have the 'deer in the headlights' look to him in big moments against GOOD teams.

Anyway, this is my first post. I'm a Texan at heart who actually lived in ND for a year and a half and I must say, I have nostalgia for the upper Midwest. The people there are great, and now that I live in a big city, it is pure he**. Look forward to a good game Sunday!

I think it will be close, but if Rodgers is healthy, I feel that you guys win 34-31.

Members online