Live stream anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HardRightEdge

Sunday Ticket is pricey but it costs me far less money than even a single trip back to Lambeau would cost me each year. Before getting Sunday Ticket I would go to the Draft House, a Las Vegas local Packer bar/restaurant, to watch any games not broadcast on national TV. But the cost of food and drinks for my son and I would also cost much more for an entire season than to simply purchase Sunday Ticket. Doing all the side-by-side comparisons for legal viewing, it became far easier for me to rationalize the outlay for Sunday Ticket. Besides, nothing beats the comfort of home and the advantage of being able to be in total control of who sits next to you during the games.

Other than the cost, my only gripes with Sunday Ticket occur when the Packers are one of the nationally televised games and a feed gets switched to a more competitive, non-blowout game, the ability to watch the Packer contest may be lost altogether. The same holds true when the Packers are in the late afternoon game that's being broadcast on national TV and an early game runs into overtime the network will not switch to the late game until the early game has finally been decided. Then they'll go to the studio so that the talking heads can blow hot air and gush over the highlights, plus there's the litany of commercials that accompanies all these post game studio rituals. But it's still not over. Before finally switching to the late game they'll run several more minutes of commercials to get caught-up on the ones you would have seen had the late game not been pre-empted.

DirectTV and the NFL will make errors in their favor, only.
Your post reminded of something. TV timeouts are being extended from 2:00 to 2:30.

All the more reason to continue my usual viewing practice. For live Packer broadcasts in my market I record on the DVR and tune in about around 30 - 45 minutes after kickoff. I can skip commercials, rerun certain plays multiple times, skip over halftime and finish about the same time as the live game. The NFL hates people like me. ;)

Sky King

Reaction score
Your post reminded of something. TV timeouts are being extended from 2:00 to 2:30.

All the more reason to continue my usual viewing practice. For live Packer broadcasts in my market I record on the DVR and tune in about around 30 - 45 minutes after kickoff. I can skip commercials, rerun certain plays multiple times, skip over halftime and finish about the same time as the live game. The NFL hates people like me. ;)
And you should be flattered. I modeled my post after some of yours. ;)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

One of the reasons stopped using gamepass in Europe was because every time the Packers game was on Sky, the game was blacked out. Total rip off for me.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Sunday Ticket is pricey but it costs me far less money than even a single trip back to Lambeau would cost me each year. Before getting Sunday Ticket I would go to the Draft House, a Las Vegas local Packer bar/restaurant, to watch any games not broadcast on national TV. But the cost of food and drinks for my son and I would also cost much more for an entire season than to simply purchase Sunday Ticket. Doing all the side-by-side comparisons for legal viewing, it became far easier for me to rationalize the outlay for Sunday Ticket. Besides, nothing beats the comfort of home and the advantage of being able to be in total control of who sits next to you during the games.

Other than the cost, my only gripes with Sunday Ticket occur when the Packers are one of the nationally televised games and a feed gets switched to a more competitive, non-blowout game, the ability to watch the Packer contest may be lost altogether. The same holds true when the Packers are in the late afternoon game that's being broadcast on national TV and an early game runs into overtime the network will not switch to the late game until the early game has finally been decided. Then they'll go to the studio so that the talking heads can blow hot air and gush over the highlights, plus there's the litany of commercials that accompanies all these post game studio rituals. But it's still not over. Before finally switching to the late game they'll run several more minutes of commercials to get caught-up on the ones you would have seen had the late game not been pre-empted.

DirectTV and the NFL will make errors in their favor, only.

Oh the talking heads; bane of watching NFL games...:poop:

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Use to have to watch on live streams. There are European sites that have them, they still got taken down. Some of them moved every week. Sometimes during the game a message would suddenly pop up that it was now blocked.

Now I live near lambeau, all is good.
Maybe I should move to Greenbay? Any demand for log and timber homes there?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dad built the framed log homes (half logs on conventional frame up) for a long time. Built a lot of those in the summers from about 7th grade into college before he phased out of that and I stopped going home to work in summers. We didn't build much right around GB, but north and west of there probably within 1.5 hours or 2. We also traveled out of WI a time or 2 a year as well.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a son who works for Google. He plays on their city softball team. He said they have a running joke at work about people who could just google something easily, but choose to ask everyone else anyway. So his softball team had the logo "JGI" put on their hats; "Just Google It". :roflmao:
Lmgtfy

lmgtfy.com

Reaction score
ever tried GOOGLING "VPN" ?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Shhh!!! People aren't supposed to know that the NFL gives their product away for free in many places, like Norway and Hong Kong, in an attempt to increase their international viewership, and that if your computer thinks that you're from one of those places the NFL website and others will freely allow you to access their content and that this is not in any way illegal, only a violation of their terms of service (which are not legally binding)! Don't hint towards it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts