Live stream anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think NFL game pass or something has a free trial, other than that it's on NBC locally

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Stop peeing on the third rail. :cry:
Internet streaming links are instant bans.
What he said^^

We cannot post steaming links as the NFL could come here and shut us down. Finding a link to a stream isnt too hard Google is your friend use it.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
What he said^^

We cannot post steaming links as the NFL could come here and shut us down. Finding a link to a stream isnt too hard Google is your friend use it.

I have a son who works for Google. He plays on their city softball team. He said they have a running joke at work about people who could just google something easily, but choose to ask everyone else anyway. So his softball team had the logo "JGI" put on their hats; "Just Google It". :roflmao:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What he said^^

Not sophisticated enough about all the ins and outs, but is the first part true? I learned a while back to not look here for recommended links, but there's another forum I use that's loaded with them and has been for a very long time. No problem with the administration here disallowing streaming links, but I have to wonder about the NFL concern.

As far as the Google point, I think the reason people look for links in a forum is that, for any given game, some of them are better than others, and, since most take a while to get up and running, it's nice when another poster can recommend one that's working particularly well at the moment.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a son who works for Google. He plays on their city softball team. He said they have a running joke at work about people who could just google something easily, but choose to ask everyone else anyway. So his softball team had the logo "JGI" put on their hats; "Just Google It". :roflmao:
I spent most the first half googling it....
Didn't want to give credit card I do and sign up for something though...
I only streamed things through links people provided. I havnt found a place to go yet...

Reaction score
Not sophisticated enough about all the ins and outs, but is the first part true? I learned a while back to not look here for recommended links, but there's another forum I use that's loaded with them and has been for a very long time. No problem with the administration here disallowing streaming links, but I have to wonder about the NFL concern.

As far as the Google point, I think the reason people look for links in a forum is that, for any given game, some of them are better than others, and, since most take a while to get up and running, it's nice when another poster can recommend one that's working particularly well at the moment.
For your first point, I think it depends upon a lot of things: the legitimacy of the forum, but from the perspective of users and from the perspective of the moderators and how they want to appear - the more legit, the less they want links to free streams and pirated sources, as it reduces their visual appeal to many fans. Another factor is that the NFL seems to hit users and providers of copyright piracy in waves, so it may be something that stays up for a while and then gets struck down, gets replaced and stays up for a while, etc. Another factor is what the hosts of such links have to lose; this is a big site with a lot of traffic, and losing it would be a big deal. Some rando with his blog is an entirely different question.

As for the second point, it's fun to make fun of people who can't (or, even once, won't) google, but on the larger scale its an interesting topic. I've found in my own experience, and had others reinforce this idea, that googling (or, rather, searching for data on search engines in general) is not a uniform skill. That may seem like a bit of an obvious statement, but I kind of always presumed that people had an easy time finding what they were looking for because I always have an easy time. My wife, though, despite being younger than me, is an atrociously bad googler. I am always having to give her advice on how to refine terms, which links to click and which not to in a results field, and how to follow clues in searches to figure out new terms to search to find a desired data set. No point to make here, just an interesting observation.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I spent most the first half googling it....
Didn't want to give credit card I do and sign up for something though...
I only streamed things through links people provided. I havnt found a place to go yet...

I was watching the stream of it. It did not take me long to find it. Ill send you a message.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I google stuff all day. I still like interacting with other humans too, so I ask questions when I know I can find answers easy enough in my own. Sue me

Reaction score
I google stuff all day. I still like interacting with other humans too, so I ask questions when I know I can find answers easy enough in my own. Sue me
you'll be hearing from my lawyers soon. just let me google free lawyers...

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
For your first point, I think it depends upon a lot of things: the legitimacy of the forum, but from the perspective of users and from the perspective of the moderators and how they want to appear - the more legit, the less they want links to free streams and pirated sources, as it reduces their visual appeal to many fans. Another factor is that the NFL seems to hit users and providers of copyright piracy in waves, so it may be something that stays up for a while and then gets struck down, gets replaced and stays up for a while, etc. Another factor is what the hosts of such links have to lose; this is a big site with a lot of traffic, and losing it would be a big deal. Some rando with his blog is an entirely different question.

As for the second point, it's fun to make fun of people who can't (or, even once, won't) google, but on the larger scale its an interesting topic. I've found in my own experience, and had others reinforce this idea, that googling (or, rather, searching for data on search engines in general) is not a uniform skill. That may seem like a bit of an obvious statement, but I kind of always presumed that people had an easy time finding what they were looking for because I always have an easy time. My wife, though, despite being younger than me, is an atrociously bad googler. I am always having to give her advice on how to refine terms, which links to click and which not to in a results field, and how to follow clues in searches to figure out new terms to search to find a desired data set. No point to make here, just an interesting observation.

If we allow streaming links posted there could be a threat from the NFL to shut down the forum. If you want to get more info on why we cannot allow streaming links. I would suggest PM Robdog hes owner of the site.

Reaction score
If we allow streaming links posted there could be a threat from the NFL to shut down the forum. If you want to get more info on why we cannot allow streaming links. I would suggest PM Robdog hes owner of the site.
totally, I wasn't attempting to put together a comprehensive listing, was just having a chat.

Reaction score
Yea. Its better to air on the side of caution I would hate for the forum to be shut down.
I'm new, but I also would hate that. I was driven away from nfl comments because of the innumerable trolls, from espn and several others when they switched to facebook comments years ago, etc etc. Few good places left.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL game pass has a free trial and it's legal.

This, NFL Gamepass has preseason games on it that you can watch even in the US and it doesn't cost much. Now regular season games ... well you'd have to get a foreign non-North American IP address to use gamepass for those.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Having been around for a little while, I believe there was a some potential legal trouble in the past that has prompted such a rule on this forum. I never have any trouble googling things. It's so easy my 6 year old grandson does it. (Not to cast aspersions on any posters here.) A word to the wise, Explorer may not be your friend and Chrome with ad blocker is a great friend for streams. Nuff said.

H

HardRightEdge

I think NFL game pass or something has a free trial, other than that it's on NBC locally
Or just pay the $99 for Game Pass to watch preseason live and regular season on replay. With replay you can watch the broadcast or coaches tape.

No, I don't work for the NFL and am not keen on paying them money either. But it's better than stealing. Coaches tape with no sound is a very good way to watch a football game.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Use to have to watch on live streams. There are European sites that have them, they still got taken down. Some of them moved every week. Sometimes during the game a message would suddenly pop up that it was now blocked.

Now I live near lambeau, all is good.

Sky King

Reaction score
Sunday Ticket is pricey but it costs me far less money than even a single trip back to Lambeau would cost me each year. Before getting Sunday Ticket I would go to the Draft House, a Las Vegas local Packer bar/restaurant, to watch any games not broadcast on national TV. But the cost of food and drinks for my son and I would also cost much more for an entire season than to simply purchase Sunday Ticket. Doing all the side-by-side comparisons for legal viewing, it became far easier for me to rationalize the outlay for Sunday Ticket. Besides, nothing beats the comfort of home and the advantage of being able to be in total control of who sits next to you during the games.

Other than the cost, my only gripes with Sunday Ticket occur when the Packers are one of the nationally televised games and a feed gets switched to a more competitive, non-blowout game, the ability to watch the Packer contest may be lost altogether. The same holds true when the Packers are in the late afternoon game that's being broadcast on national TV and an early game runs into overtime the network will not switch to the late game until the early game has finally been decided. Then they'll go to the studio so that the talking heads can blow hot air and gush over the highlights, plus there's the litany of commercials that accompanies all these post game studio rituals. But it's still not over. Before finally switching to the late game they'll run several more minutes of commercials to get caught-up on the ones you would have seen had the late game not been pre-empted.

DirectTV and the NFL will make errors in their favor, only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts