Little Samkon

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers Monday made a pair of practice squad transactions, releasing running back Bobby Purify and replacing him with Samkon Gado.

Gado, a 5-foot-10, 226-pound running back from Liberty, originally signed as a rookie free agent with the Kansas City Chiefs this past May. Waived near the end of the preseason, he re-joined the Chiefs and spent the season's first month on their practice squad. His last name is pronounced GAH-doh.

A native of Nigeria, Gado played 39 games at Liberty and averaged 6.0 yards on 273 career carries (1,631 yards) with 16 touchdowns, and caught 38 passes for 486 yards and six TDs.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon Cheese - don't keep us in suspense....

Where are you headed with this..... just intro-spection?
I thought TT already took care of the RB issue....

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He may do something if he fast. Unlike Green or Davenport running with power. However, I have not found a 40 time on him so I could be way off.

I would rather leave you hanging than put out bad information.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
226 pounds on a 5'10 frame kinda suggests to me he's got a little power to his game. But I haven't seen, or even heard of, him.

GreenNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:lol:

I met Sam...he like to be called Sam. He attended my church in Lee's Summit, MO (Kansas City). He would have made the chiefs roster...but...you have a guy named Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson. Nuff said. I met his coach from Liberty University, former Denver and KC quarterback Ken Karcher. He called the chiefs personal department to tell them about this special player. While at camp, he was to referred to the Little "Nigerian Nightmare" aka Christian Okoye. Sam is a scat back, not a powerful full back type. I look forward to seeing him chew up the yards for the green and gold.

We have Sam....we do not need Reggie Bush.

Green and Gold in KC!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One chance 8 yards.... I liked this guy too.... We need a win next week if we work the miracle against Pittsburg we might have some good luck coming !!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might as well try. It's a long way from Liberty College to the NFL but it has happened in the past. I just hate to rely on Jerry Falwell to provide us with a savior.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw on another web site that Gado ran a 4.3 40. If he really that fast he may break a few in the coming weeks

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you yooper...an 8 yard run this year has been hard to come by.

Gado showed a little burst on that run too. I was surprised he didn't get more than one carry in the game but maybe he will get a chance in upcoming weeks. I'm not sold on Fish carrying the load by himself, that's fer sure.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he did a good job against the Steelers after Lee was benched.

He may do better once he learns the playbook.

If the Packers can run plays suited to his running style even more improvement will occur.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Might as well try. It's a long way from Liberty College to the NFL but it has happened in the past. I just hate to rely on Jerry Falwell to provide us with a savior.

DePack,
I just read your post from last week.......good one about Falwell.
Hammer

Latest posts